Spike Lee Goes H.A.M. On Bloomberg TV Host

I guess some people see it different than I do. She tried to get slick and slip something in and he checked her. Same with the Indian fellow and that Fox news interviewer who started the segment out with " A muslim writing a book on Jesus". You have to check that spit right away. They have an agenda

Spike uses Kickstarter because no Hollywood studio will back his original visions. A large reason why he couldn't do the Jackie Robinson flick after he was chosen by his widow to do so. Imagine his version of Robinson's story compared to 42. You probably get an Oscar worthy flick like Malcolm X.

Can't stand this guy..I hope his film doesn't get made..How can you talk about being an "independent film maker" after you just got done saying your new Josh Brolin/Sam Jackson movie is a studio movie?..At least dude stays a consistent hypocrite..

lost all respect for this guy when he attempted to sue Viacom because he claimed Spike TV was based on his name and image

Can't stand this guy..I hope his film doesn't get made..How can you talk about being an "independent film maker" after you just got done saying your new Josh Brolin/Sam Jackson movie is a studio movie?..At least dude stays a consistent hypocrite..

Same way Drake can be YMCMB and independent at the same time

He is still indy. Why turn down a check from the studio? Although Red Hook Summer was his first indy film in a while, 40 Acres has also produced documentaries.

Whats the big deal? Going straight to his base for funding lets him make what he wants and avoid all the hoops that a big studio would come with. Which is what I'd assume most Spike fans prefer.

If the fans want to donate, I don't see the issue.

I guess some people see it different than I do. She tried to get slick and slip something in and he checked her. Same with the Indian fellow and that Fox news interviewer who started the segment out with " A muslim writing a book on Jesus". You have to check that spit right away. They have an agenda

Yeah this is a good trend. You can't bring someone on to discuss their project and lead in with a clearly biased, mocking tone.

I liked the part of the interview when he talked about Brooklyn gentrification. Said his pops is a jazz musician who been playing music in their house for 30 years, new neighbors move in and call the cops on him.

Sounds like she was mocking him the most of if not the whole time cuttin him off like he was a joke.

Gentrifiers have no culture of their own so when they experience it, they don't know how to react.

More power to Spike.  He did the right thing by checking the host. 
laugh.gif

Well, I don't like Spike Lee. However, it is his free right to use kickstarter like many other celebrities are doing. It's a way to interact with fans, and no one is forced to give him money. If people choose to give him money they support the man.

He doesn't truly answer the question though. Why is he using kickstarter? Other celebrities have talked about not wanting to change a script, have total control over it, that they've put up $1 million of their own as the starting base, etc etc. He just gets all angry and makes a mockery of it and acts like a child. It's why I have no respect for him (or the hosts really). Thus is life nowadays though..celebrities are more about outrageous than cool and classy. I guess that's what all the time video means - can always find the flaws of people since they are always on tape.
/Thread

Good for Spike, more young blacks need to adopt Spike's frame of reasoning when it comes to interpersonal communication between blacks and others.

Back
Top Bottom