Spike Lee's CHIRAQ trailer

I think people are expecting something other than what Spike is trying to bring across from this movie.  Based on the origins of the plot, with this modern day twist it seems promising.  

lol exactly. ALL of spikes Movies are like this besides maybe 2-3, dudes thought this was going to be Boyz N Da Hood 2 or something?

I think people are expecting something other than what Spike is trying to bring across from this movie.  Based on the origins of the plot, with this modern day twist it seems promising.  
lol exactly. ALL of spikes Movies are like this besides maybe 2-3, dudes thought this was going to be Boyz N Da Hood 2 or something?
a lot of his movies are over the top, but this right here looks like that Beauty and the Beat spoof from youtube

a lot of his movies are over the top, but this right here looks like that Beauty and the Beat spoof from youtube

Or maybe it looks like School Daze?

These guys prolly think West Side Story wasn't gritty enough either.

Or maybe it looks like School Daze?
i love school daze, was just talking about it another thread about Spike Lee.

Why do dudes always gotta to to the "you don't understand" when someone doesn't like something

Spike Lee has done darker less flamboyant pictures, given the topic, knowing nothing else about the film before today

why is it sooooo out of bounds to be disappointed that he chose his typical route instead....

As a person from Chicago, I can't appreciate the direction he went with this film at all. 

1. this is a serious and heartfelt issue linked to generational gang violence, racism and gentrification, and lack of resources and education for the youth.

2. maybe satire / comedy would be more effective in relaying a message to an audience without their guard up BUT this writing doesn't take any elements from the way Chicago really is. The characters feel like the urban folks that Spike is familiar with from either New York or Atlanta. No authenticity at all.

3. Feels like any white person seeing this will feed into the image of black people that they want to reinforce. Stupid and driven by animalistic desires.

Seems like Spike is looking to create a spark in women's mind about who they lay with and the power they have to change things. Maybe he thinks doing it in a satirical manner makes it not come off as being preachy.

Last edited:
I'm sincerely hoping the trailer doesn't do this film justice, but, Nick Cannon? I'm sorry Spike...

**** looks like complete garbage. But thats exactly what i expected so no disappointment.

lol at thinking these bangers are dating respectable women and lol at thinking they wouldnt just find another girl. I want to meet the poor excuse for a male that even puts up with girls only using sex to get what they want out of him.

Seems like Spike is looking to create a spark in women's mind about who they lay with and the power they have to change things. Maybe he thinks doing it in a satirical manner makes it not come off as being preachy.

Oh okay I get it. The stupid senseless movie is symbolic of the senseless violence. The anger and disappointment you will feel after wasting your time watching it will run parallel to the feelings people have when lives are wasted due to gang violence. Women have the power in the movie to show that real men who are empowered don't entertain that mindset

So Spike's on that Quentin Tarantino Spaghetti Western/Blaxploitation campy treatment.

so anytime you want to make garbage just label it satire.

spike99.gif

Back
Top Bottom