Spilled cranberry juice on macbook pro vol FML

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

ill buy it for $500

edit: Something similar happened to me like 2 months ago to mine. I took it to apple store and they said i spilled water on it(they opened it up) and it wouldnt be covered because of it. I then took it home, opened it up and cleaned all the water marks, took it to another apple the next day and they fixed it for me for free. Try it, gotta do a good job cleaning it though

What the hell is a "water mark" and how do you clean one? 
grin.gif

just another technique similar to the rice one.

Put the laptop in a sealed plastic container, like tupperware or ziplock.
Get some rock salt, (not hard to find) and place it around the computer.
The salt will absorb moisture inside the container, and after a day or two
the computer will be nice and dry.

This obviously wont help if the computer is already damaged, but it will get out all the liquid

that really blows brah, i'd slip a %%+* if someone did that to my mac. you're a $!#%@! friend.

update: went to apple $1,200 to get new insides for the computer. theres a repair shop in NY to do it for 680, but Im in cali so dont know if i should ship and deal with all that. gonna take it to local repair and see what they can do cleaning wise and see if I can hide water damage and get it fixed for as cheap as possible.
really &*^*$ up on this one

find someone in the library that has the same laptop. when they're not looking switch the laptops, go home, reformat it and give it back to ur friend saying u had to wipe out the hdd cause u got a virus that effects macs

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

ill buy it for $500

edit: Something similar happened to me like 2 months ago to mine. I took it to apple store and they said i spilled water on it(they opened it up) and it wouldnt be covered because of it. I then took it home, opened it up and cleaned all the water marks, took it to another apple the next day and they fixed it for me for free. Try it, gotta do a good job cleaning it though

What the hell is a "water mark" and how do you clean one? 
grin.gif
by water marks I meant like evaporated water marks
laugh.gif
hard to explain but like it left white foggy marks from drying out. It comes off easily with some cleaning but you gotta
make sure you get it all because if they send it to apple and the technicians see it, they will take pictures as proof and it will be put on record that the computer has water damage
and thus the warranty will be definitely void.

Dell's Accidental Protection Warranty FTW...

I could toss my laptop out the window right now and they'll send someone to fix it. No questions asked. Last time my computer messed up, I let it overheat and it messed up the entire inside. I had to get basically everything inside fixed, the screen and the keyboard replaced. They even gave me a better processor because they don't sell the older one that I had anymore. All for free. They also replaced the hinge because I told them it was squeaky.

I got a Dell XPS M1330 running Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 btw

Originally Posted by Hanacheezy

Is there anything I can do besides paying for a new one.
Cliffs: Friends computer ( less than a year older), spilled cranberry juice, cleaned it up and shut off computer, wont turn on today
tired.gif
Don't worry bro I gotchU!!!
steve_jobs_630x.jpg

i spilled a corona all over my mb and didnt even noticed so it sat in it for about 30 min. wouldnt turn back on. waited 2 days and been workin perfect ever since

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

I could toss my laptop out the window right now and they'll send someone to fix it. No questions asked. Last time my computer messed up, I let it overheat and it messed up the entire inside. I had to get basically everything inside fixed, the screen and the keyboard replaced. They even gave me a better processor because they don't sell the older one that I had anymore. All for free. They also replaced the hinge because I told them it was squeaky.

Now thats a crazy warranty.
laugh.gif
@ the tossing out the window. The only thing is i think Dell started that because i heard their laptops break down like no other.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

if it's less than a year old shouldn't he have warranty?
nerd.gif

Applecare doesn't cover liquid damage.  Also putting a blow dryer to it won't help, remember you spilled cranberry JUICE (Sugar and chemicals) if you heat it up you'll corrode the board.  Take the L and pay the repair price.  Next time don't drink around the unit. 

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

I used to work fixing those dells.
laugh.gif
  Dells sucks.  Warranty with them is not really an option its necessary if your going to have a dell.
   Motherboard failures on that thing is so high its not even funny. A laptop motherboard is not as commonly suppose to be replaced as a desktop but with dell it makes total sense.

Back
Top Bottom