Spilled cranberry juice on macbook pro vol FML

Is there anything I can do besides paying for a new one.
Cliffs: Friends computer ( less than a year older), spilled cranberry juice, cleaned it up and shut off computer, wont turn on today
tired.gif

You cliff notes are longer than your actual post
laugh.gif

But to answer your question, just put it thru the washer and get that spilt cranberry juice outta there. then throw the macbook pro in the freezer
wink.gif

theres no way you can fix that macbook without spending money might as well take the L and see if you can get it fixed or buy a new one

im cool with spending a little money as long as its not the 1500+ to buy a new one. ill try the heater thing, it happened last night too

Sit it on a heater for a few minutes. My son knocked a glass of wine on my Macbook a few weeks ago. I got to a club to DJ and my Macbook wouldn't come on. One of the cats that worked there put it on a heater for about 5 or 10 minutes and my Macbook has been running fine every since. I copped a new white one though a week ago just in case though. Good luck.

computers most likely done for, cranberry juice has some sugar and other stuff, so letting that sit probably killed it... i guess you friend learned the lesson of keep liquids away from computer the hard way..

Def. try puttin some heat on it (like dude said heater or blowdryer) I'd at least wrap it up with a towel and be careful on how long I'd let it heat up.

try immersing your macbook in dry rice and leave it overnight as the rice will absorb the moisture. My friend fixed his cell after he dropped it water this way.

there are places that can repair your macbook for less expensive than purchasing another... of course you could always also sale it for parts on ebay... but your friends music movies pictures BEAST movies are all gone... I lost everything a few months back in a similar incedent...

DO NONE OF THESE THINGS......GO BUY A TON OF RICE AND CONTAINER LARGE ENOUGH TO HOLD THE MBP WHILE IT IS OPEN....COVER IT IN RICE AND LEAVE IT FOR 2 OR 3 DAYS....DO NOT TRY AND TURN ON THE CPU......

PUT THE MBP IN THE CONTAINER LIKE THIS..../\.......THEN AFTER IT DRIES OUT YOU WILL NEED TO CLEAN THE STICKY RESIDUE OFF....SO TAKE OFF THE KEYS AND GET IN THERE WITH A Q-TIP AND SOME CLEANING SOLUTION.....IF IT STARTS UP AFTER THAT, THANK JESUS, AND PUT IT ON CRAIGSLIST....BECAUSE THAT THING WILL NOT LAST FOR LONG....

Originally Posted by DublBagn

DO NONE OF THESE THINGS......GO BUY A TON OF RICE AND CONTAINER LARGE ENOUGH TO HOLD THE MBP WHILE IT IS OPEN....COVER IT IN RICE AND LEAVE IT FOR 2 OR 3 DAYS....DO NOT TRY AND TURN ON THE CPU......

PUT THE MBP IN THE CONTAINER LIKE THIS..../\.......THEN AFTER IT DRIES OUT YOU WILL NEED TO CLEAN THE STICKY RESIDUE OFF....SO TAKE OFF THE KEYS AND GET IN THERE WITH A Q-TIP AND SOME CLEANING SOLUTION.....IF IT STARTS UP AFTER THAT, THANK JESUS, AND PUT IT ON CRAIGSLIST....BECAUSE THAT THING WILL NOT LAST FOR LONG....
laugh.gif
This is why I don't buy electronics on craigslist.

my ex's cats spilled koolaid on mine, i took ti in theysaid it oculdnt be covered, at it was gonna be $800 to fix, (i just got a macbook not a pro)
i went to pick it up, and the dude who checked me out didnt read the receipt right, n said it was covered under warranty, i asked 3 times to make sure, n he said yeah u dont have to pay naything, and i left,
i looked thru the receipt and it said it was, since it was under a yr old, but i looked at the 2 page and it said this damage wasnt though,
dude at the apple store messed up, lol , i was pretty happy about it, saved myself $800

ill buy it for $500

edit: Something similar happened to me like 2 months ago to mine. I took it to apple store and they said i spilled water on it(they opened it up) and it wouldnt be covered because of it. I then took it home, opened it up and cleaned all the water marks, took it to another apple the next day and they fixed it for me for free. Try it, gotta do a good job cleaning it though

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

if it's less than a year old shouldn't he have warranty?
nerd.gif

Warranty covers fault not of the consumer.  This falls completely on the consumer so the warranty doesn't even matter.

Back
Top Bottom