Sports Fans And Their Premature Hyperboles

I understand WHY they do it but does this annoy anyone else?

X scores 15 pts in the 4th quarter; X is the most clutch in the NBA
Y breaks single game rushing record; Y becomes best RB in NFL

I mean can we just not give credit to the person for having a monster performance? Why must we exaggerate the person's value so prematurely?

This happens on NT a lot, just annoys me. That is all.

I already have a blog so shush
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Y breaks single game rushing record; Y becomes best RB in NFL

I mean can we just not give credit to the person for having a monster performance? Why must we exaggerate the person's value so prematurely?
article.jpeg

Originally Posted by bijald0331

This happens in all facets in life. It is hard to have perspective in the moment.

For real. People live in the now with no real insight on the due process of time in turn making these things out to be more significant than they really are.

A perfect example is when you have a few teams in the NFL that dominate the first half of the season leaving 90% of uneducated fans with the premise that thatteam is SB bound, yet they fizzle in the end.

An extension of that is when you have teams with phenomenal records who haven't been exposed yet, against a team that has finished the season extremelystrong, with the latter of these teams prevailing, and most fans crying upset, when really, it wasn't much of an upset at all.

Life is built on happiness, happiness is built on family, sex, money, and sports.

Sports bring happiness, and joy to peoples hearts and soul.

I hate when announcers exaggerate how far 3pt shooters were. It's the worst in college because they have the short 20'6 3, so if anyone hits a 3 withconsiderable space between the line and their toes, announcers are always like, "Reddick from 29 ft!" and you're looking like, nah brah,that's like 22.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

This happens in all facets in life. It is hard to have perspective in the moment.

Hard for who? I guess it is hard for most folks since people in general live for the moment.

I just wish sports fans in general weren't so damn emotional.

THey get it from the media. Who has to anoint everything as "greatest ever" the second it happens. Because that helps sell stories and clicks.

See the Cowboys v. Saints thread for a great example... or just the Cowboys thread in general.

Im not sure, but some of my boys are like this.

But it is magnified on here because I think people make threads just for shock value and to get replies. Like when Kobe hit the buzzer beater last week, theGOAT threads came out again. Then if Lebron hits a buzzer beater this week he will be the GOAT. I think it has more to do with the youth and people alwayswanting to be up on the "next best thing" or "we just witnessed history" tip. Its kind of annoying but you just have to learn to brush offthe stupid comments.

Back
Top Bottom