SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Yea but now Sony can steal some ideas from Disney on how to market Spiderman and just do it on their own.

Spider-Man is at his best when he is involved with the greater Marvel universe. Sony can never have Spider-Man at his best because of that. But Disney can...

because the spiderman movies you deemed "masterpiece" wasnt very good

It's no different than people hyping up Spider-Man 2 when its low-key garbage. But without those, we wouldn't have Tom Holland da gawd as Peter Parker today

Spiderman's world alone is more than enough to bring out the best spiderman imo. He doesnt need the other Marvel characters to shine

its actually completely different :lol:

no one is saying sm2 should have made a billi while your argument is that its spidey so its got to be make a billi off the name alone

and SM2 still made more money than ASM2 and making that much money back then was a much bigger deal and more difficult than it is today

Spiderman's world alone is more than enough to bring out the best spiderman imo. He doesnt need the other Marvel characters to shine

He doesn't but he shines brightest as the focal point of the Marvel universe like he's been for the past 55+ years. I've seen Spider-Man fight Doc Ock on film. I've seen Spider-Man fight Rhino on film. I've NEVER seen Spider-Man fight Doctor Doom on film

its actually completely different :lol:

no one is saying sm2 should have made a billi while your argument is that its spidey so its got to be make a billi off the name alone

and SM2 still made more money than ASM2 and making that much money back then was a much bigger deal and more difficult than it is today

Superhero films weren't as saturated in 2004 as they were in 2014. Spider-Man should have made a billion in Sony's hands but he couldn't. Now we're here today

Superhero films weren't as saturated in 2004 as they were in 2014. Spider-Man should have made a billion in Sony's hands but he couldn't. Now we're here today

again... because the movie wasnt good despite you calling it a masterpiece

if the movie was good and it being a sequel, it might have made a billion... thats what i am saying... but you still do not want to say sony made a bad spiderman movie just that sony cant make a billi off of that "masterpiece" like its really sonys fault byt fumbling marketing or sh*t like that

:lol:

now admit asm2 wasnt that good or even close to a masterpiece and thats why they didnt make a billi and why sony should relinquish the rights to marvel now

just admit that...

again... because the movie wasnt good despite you calling it a masterpiece

if the movie was good and it being a sequel, it might have made a billion... thats what i am saying... but you still do not want to say sony made a bad spiderman movie just that sony cant make a billi off of that "masterpiece" like its really sonys fault byt fumbling marketing or sh*t like that

:lol:

now admit asm2 wasnt that good or even close to a masterpiece and thats why they didnt make a billi and why sony should relinquish the rights to marvel now

just admit that...

I’m not admitting that :lol: ASM2 is a masterpiece and you know what’s even more of a masterpiece, Spider-Man: Homecoming. It didn’t make a billion either. Far From Home is the first Spider-Man film that is not only a masterpiece but made a billion. It couldn’t happen without Disney.

i men no one is arguing that disney helped them but spidey being part of IW and EG HELPED A LOT

so maybe, just maybe spiderman is the most popular superhero in terms of merch but doesnt always translate to films, HC and FFH were great, i loved it but i dont htink FFH makes a billi if there was no IW, EG and it wasnt marketed as the last film of the Infinity Saga

i men no one is arguing that disney helped them but spidey being part of IW and EG HELPED A LOT

so maybe, just maybe spiderman is the most popular superhero in terms of merch but doesnt always translate to films, HC and FFH were great, i loved it but i dont htink FFH makes a billi if there was no IW, EG and it wasnt marketed as the last film of the Infinity Saga

I think FFH would have made a billi without IW and EG it just wouldn't have made it as fast. Look at Captain Marvel. No prior appearance nor recognizability amongst the general audience and she still grossed a billi, even more than FFH ironically. Sony was its own worst enemy in terms of Spider-Man reaching the box office milestone. Spider-Man needed to be portrayed by a younger actor 1.) and 2.) be in a film where crying over a woman wasn't 65% of the film. Disney had the foresight on top of the ability to add Spider-Man's fellow Marvel counterparts to the world around him like it should be. It was perfect storm.

Cap Mar was a different animal, feminist and dude who claims to be feminists were all over that film

you cant even say the music was off on NT without being called sexist :lol:

I understand Sony owns Spiderman but does that mean they have rights to the all villains as well? At this point how many times can Sony reboot Spiderman? IIIRC, Sony is suppose to drop a new Spiderman movie so many years.

I understand Sony owns Spiderman but does that mean they have rights to the all villains as well? At this point how many times can Sony reboot Spiderman? IIIRC, Sony is suppose to drop a new Spiderman movie so many years.

pretty much, if they started or originated from a Spideys comic then they have the rights for it but there are blurred lines too like Kingpin which are shared because he is also known as Daredevil arch-villain

The Raimis came out in a era where movies were making less than $10mill in China. If you factor out China gross then these two new films are about the same in terms of numbers with less tickets sold due to inflation

I'm sleep tho

With spiderverse now on hbo, I keep watching periodically whenever I see it on

amazing how much better the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies and it are than anything else spiderman

and Spider-Man 2 had the crown for a lil bit, but that shh does not hold up.. and I’m a huge Sam raimi fan, but I’d take dark man or army of darkness over his Spider-Man movies as far as his action movies

pretty much, if they started or originated from a Spideys comic then they have the rights for it but there are blurred lines too like Kingpin which are shared because he is also known as Daredevil arch-villain

yea I’m not sure the deal on kingpin.. but obviously he has been in both daredevils we’ve seen to date

line-10-11-5-spider-man-watchers.jpg

VENOM 2 Will Feature Marvel Comics Villain Shriek; Casting Currently Underway

According to Deadline, the Sony sequel will see the debut of Frances Barrison; a drug dealer who adopts the supervillain alias Shriek when severe trauma results in the emergence of powerful abilities. In the comics she's actually a mutant, so expect a few changes to made to her origin for the big screen.

Casting is currently underway, with "the net cast wide toward many kinds of actresses.” Apparently, filmmakers are “looking mostly at unknowns right now.”

So is Carnage not going to be the villain then? I hope it doesn’t end up being a team up situation

So is Carnage not going to be the villain then? I hope it doesn’t end up being a team up situation
Why would you think differently?

Carnage is the villain.

In the early days in the comics, Shriek was basically Carnage's Harley Quinn.

Back
Top Bottom