SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Line it is Drawn: Spider-Man Finds a New Post-MCU Film Universe

line-8-30-6-spider-man-minions.jpg

line-8-30-3-spider-man-home-alone.jpg

line-8-30-2-spider-man-incredibles.jpg

line-8-30-1-spider-man-mcu-return.jpg

line-8-30-4-spider-man-universal-monsters.jpg

line-8-30-5-spider-man-unbreakable.jpg

line-8-30-7-spider-man-dceu.jpg

Is this for real?

Marvel Just Announced The MCU's Perfect Spider-Man Replacement

Marvel Studios has already announced the perfect Spider-Man replacement - Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel. Spider-Man has been described as "Marvel's Mickey Mouse," their most recognizable and distinctive superhero brand. That's why Marvel Studios went to such effort to reach an unprecedented deal that brought the wall-crawler into the MCU, and it's why the recent collapse of the Marvel/Sony deal is such a blow to their shared cinematic universe.

SPIDER-MAN Star Tom Holland Is Confident About The Webslinger's Future In "Sony's Safe Hands"

In a lengthy profile with GQ, he tells them, “I’m not shy about expressing how incredible the last five years have been with Marvel. I’ve truly had the time of my life, and in so many respects, they have made my dreams come true as an actor. Sony has also been really good to me, and the global success of Spider-Man: Far From Home is a real testament to their support, skill and commitment. The legacy and future of Spidey rests in Sony’s safe hands. I really am nothing but grateful, and I’ve made friends for life along the way.

This **** needs to get fixed already. Diminishing returns for both companies if they don't fix this. I can't invest in MCU films without Spider-Man in the fold. Disney knows that there's a clock on the MCU without Spider-Man. You're asking people to watch TV shows now that are part of a paid subscription to keep up with the story. The shark is about to be jumped Fonzie style. Spider-Man is the only hope.

This **** needs to get fixed already. Diminishing returns for both companies if they don't fix this. I can't invest in MCU films without Spider-Man in the fold. Disney knows that there's a clock on the MCU without Spider-Man. You're asking people to watch TV shows now that are part of a paid subscription to keep up with the story. The shark is about to be jumped Fonzie style. Spider-Man is the only hope.

MCU will be fine

it's what happens with holland's spidey now, given how intertwined things were/are.. plus sony doesnt have the buffer that disney/MCU has

especially now with disney buying out fox and getting all of those marvel properties back

MCU will be fine

it's what happens with holland's spidey now, given how intertwined things were/are.. plus sony doesnt have the buffer that disney/MCU has

especially now with disney buying out fox and getting all of those marvel properties back

You can't go backwards. Before Spider-Man was involved in the MCU and after he was involved in the MCU are night and day in terms of the success Marvel experienced. There was gonna be a regression of interest after Endgame off top. Now you're taking away Marvel's most recognizable and marketable character out the continuing stories? Nah. Disney aint this stupid. Give Sony what they want.

You can't go backwards. Before Spider-Man was involved in the MCU and after he was involved in the MCU are night and day in terms of the success Marvel experienced. There was gonna be a regression of interest after Endgame off top. Now you're taking away Marvel's most recognizable and marketable character out the continuing stories? Nah. Disney aint this stupid. Give Sony what they want.

they'll be fine

the bigger question was killing off ironman/RDJ, who they could just break in case of emergency and that movie would make bank

but they at least have black panther, thor, GOTG and i guess captain marvel who they can build up.. then you gotta hope doctor strange gets a bump after IW/EG

but having the fox properties come in is huge.. i mean obviously they would have hoped they would have spidey to build upon and build out from.. but they got others coming in, for example whatever supposed plans they had for norman osborn can be shifted more towards dr doom in the immediate

sony has more to lose in this deal

SPIDER-MAN Star Tom Holland Is Confident About The Webslinger's Future In "Sony's Safe Hands"

In a lengthy profile with GQ, he tells them, “I’m not shy about expressing how incredible the last five years have been with Marvel. I’ve truly had the time of my life, and in so many respects, they have made my dreams come true as an actor. Sony has also been really good to me, and the global success of Spider-Man: Far From Home is a real testament to their support, skill and commitment. The legacy and future of Spidey rests in Sony’s safe hands. I really am nothing but grateful, and I’ve made friends for life along the way.

I’m not confident and I’m not gonna watch regardless. Bunch of bull**** if ya ask me

they'll be fine

the bigger question was killing off ironman/RDJ, who they could just break in case of emergency and that movie would make bank

but they at least have black panther, thor, GOTG and i guess captain marvel who they can build up.. then you gotta hope doctor strange gets a bump after IW/EG

but having the fox properties come in is huge.. i mean obviously they would have hoped they would have spidey to build upon and build out from.. but they got others coming in, for example whatever supposed plans they had for norman osborn can be shifted more towards dr doom in the immediate

sony has more to lose in this deal
My thoughts exactly. Disney has literally EVERY Marvel character EXCEPT for Spidey and his gallery of friends and villains (and I guess there's the Universal situation with the Hulk, but the She-Hulk series makes me wonder how that situation really is). They made everyone LOVE Iron Man, who was a lower tier character when Disney brought him out. And now with them having the X-Men, F4, and the rest of the once Fox owned characters, they can do damn near anything. Reintroduce the X-Men (which will always put butts in seats, especially with the knowledge that Disney/MCU is finally doing them), same with F4, or find another character(s) within the Marvel catalog that they could build up and make a household name. I'm sure they could call an audible with the story and figure out a way to continue the overall MCU narrative story "without that kid who's been unveiled/unmasked to the world and is dealing with his own issues/adventures, and is a kid who needs to find his own path" (just came up with that, not anything I read). And Disney/MCU has the track record to be able to evolve and continue to grow regardless.

Sony is completely dependent on Spidey, and while I personally like all Spidey films, he hasn't been done as well as he's been done since joining the Disney/MCU fold IMO. He feels the most Spider-Man/Peter Parker-ish now (though I do have some issue with him being sort of Iron Man's sidekick and depending on Tony so much, but I was looking forward to what seemed like they were going to show him more on his own in this universe). Son'y is gonna make a lot of money regardless, but without the Disney/MCU connection, I don't think they'll hit $1 billion. I mean, I think they could with Spider-Man 3 (as they'll still be on the FFH heels, and a lot of normal people have zero clue about any Disney/Sony stuff), but the following films, when people realize that there's a lacking MCU connection, and that the overall MCU narrative doesn't include the Spidey films (therefore you don't need/aren't forced to watch them to know the entire story of the MCU), there will be a drop in ticket sales to some degree IMO.

I love Spider-Man, and have always wanted him to be done right and be a part of the MCU, so ultimately I hope they figure this ish out!

Spider-Man is now officially out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it doesn't look like he'll be swinging back in any time soon.

Although fans were led to believe that Sony Pictures and Disney/Marvel could still return to the table, Sony chairman and CEO Tony Vinciquerra told Variety that "the door is closed” when it comes to the possibility of Peter Parker showing up in The MCU - for the foreseeable future, at least.

A body thinking the MCU needs Spidey more than Sony needs Marvel for Spidey to thrive is dumber than I thought possible.

Its gonna be easy for the MCU which is basically a machine to adapt and move on without Spidey. Sony is gonna lowkey have to soft reboot Spider-Man.

By the end of phase 4 Marvel is gonna have 4 or 5 new billion dollar franchises that are hige fan hits and only one of them needs to be a young inexperienced hero learning and growing in this world of heroes.

Sony meanwhile still doesnt have that one person to organize Spidey and the spinoffs, need to pick the right directors and writers, have a plan. Kevin Feige is not walking through that door. Not sure 5 years with him is gonna be enough with the guy who didnt want to do a Deadpool movie in charge.

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Directors Explain Why They're Not Surprised About SPIDER-MAN Leaving The MCU

Asked about bringing the hero into the MCU, Anthony says: "We were extremely passionate about it. This is something we really wanted to happen, and fought a long time internally at Marvel to make it happen." Joe adds: "It wasn’t easy. Kevin [Feige] went through a lot. There were a lot of ups and downs, and he kept walking into our office and we’d go, ‘Look, we’ve got to do it with [Sony],’ and he’d go, ‘OK, I’ll figure it out,’ and walk back into his. He was looking for the way out."

"He wanted to open that door and have us go, ‘We figured it out! We don’t need Spider-Man!’ because it’s a lot of work to get two major corporations to play nice with each other, and the fact that it happened at all, we should all be dancing and celebrating that we got that little bit of time."

Anthony concluded by explaining that they realised this split was inevitable and that's why they haven't exactly been left reeling by the news. "I think that’s why Joe and I are not so devastated or surprised that there’s been a falling-out, because it was so hard to make it happen in the first place."

this whole Spider-verse fad will eventually fade...

they’ll be begging to go back to the MCU.

As long as Chris Miller and Phil lord are involved it should be good

Problem is everything else.. it’s like deadpool vs everything else over on the fox side of things

There is no one clever enough at Sony to write a story where it would seamlessly take Spider-Man from having become Tony’s stepson to now being a hero allllll on his own...the visuals will be dope regardless i think, but that story is gonna be soooooooooooooooo trash....is also gonna hurt Marvel, but not as much, we were not gonna see another Spidey stand-alone for the next 3-4 years anyways and they’ve done well not including other heroes in movies when they didn’t want to...I’m sure they’ll figure it out

Back
Top Bottom