Spurs Big 3 Appreciation

it was one heck of a run and a pleasure watching them play- timmy, tp, and manu

Everyone hating on Manu but he's held it down for the Spurs his whole career. Guess you gotta blame somebody but much respect to the Big 3 of the Spurs. Getting it back with the same 3 after their last appearance is HELLA impressive.

So is Manu definitely retiring?

barely made it through the regular season. he's been hinting it for awhile. the spurs have his replacement in kawhi. also, dude is a really old 35 with a bunch of mileage

Everyone hating on Manu but he's held it down for the Spurs his whole career. Guess you gotta blame somebody but much respect to the Big 3 of the Spurs. Getting it back with the same 3 after their last appearance is HELLA impressive.
Agreed.  Six years is a lifetime in the NBA.  

I used to hate Manu, but I've grown to like him over the past few seasons.  Can't say he impressed me this series, but it is what it is.  Doesn't take away from all he's done before.  

And Timmy and Tony will always have my respect.  Goes without saying.  

It was a great run for sure.  Sad to see it coming to an end, but I'm happy for LeBron and that he did it this time hitting the shots that he's been criticized for not hitting in clutch moments.  

big 3 is appreciated. always get looked over from fans/media. Manu ***** up. Tough if this was manu  last game and see him scrub like that.

they can try to win next year, Kawhi has to get better 

manu throwing balls to the other team and duncan missing open layups 
nthat.gif

Now that Grant Hill is gone, Tim Duncan is the last great 4-year college player that we might see in the NBA ever again.

the same aggressiveness that made manu fun to watch, is the same aggressiveness that made his demise cringe worthy |I

timmy was the ultimate class act. always like him. the adidas commercial with him, tmac, chauncey etc :pimp:

**** tony parker. he's a good player and i'll never take that away from him, but to not only cheat on your wife and do it with a TEAMMATE'S wife :smh::smh::smh:

Now that Grant Hill is gone, Tim Duncan is the last great 4-year college player that we might see in the NBA ever again.

Are you serious? We haven't had one kid get a four year education in college? That's messed up. :smh:

You have to appreciate the original Big 3. The Spurs have a great organization and know how to draft well. They were really the team that made other teams look at international drafting. You had 3 guys from 3 different countries playing basketball. But a lack of communication was never a problem for those 3.

Tony Parker has a great game. Rajon Rondo should study his game more because Rondo will never be a 3-point shooter. But he can be a midrange guy with floaters. Parker has good handles and knows how to drive to the rack. He got his teammates involved but I always thought he could have had his assists stats up a little bit more.

Manu. My man Manu. The Argentinian Sensation. He was the reason I did the Euro Step when I was playing ball. People never liked his game because it was just odd but they were just seeing it in a North American perspective. Southpaw, shoot one too many 3's at times but overall effective. I'm gonna miss the guy. Huge nose.

Mr. Fundamental. Let's talk about the haters. People didn't like his game because he plays fundamentally sound and not flashy. He's bowlegged when he shoots free throws, he's a scrub outside of the court and he just looks boring. He's just boring while putting a double-double on you. If I was a big man and I could model my game after, it would be Tim Duncan. He's a first-ballot HOF'er. Everybody knows that.

it was tough to see the series end the way it did for the big 3... manu's offensive struggles, forced shots, sloppy play, & to's, duncan missing the hook in the paint & the put back, & parker struggling with his hamstring. tough way to end the series, especially since duncan & parker played so well this season. curious to see what ends up happening with manu :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom