Spurs to sign Drew Gooden..

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by Burns1923

The Spurs could've signed Mikki Moore, Joe Smith, AND Gooden... they still aren't getting past the Lakers.

I'm no Lakers fan but LA has too much talent and the Spurs can't match up with a Gasol, Odom, Bynum (when he returns) frontline. Throw in an effective Ariza and there you go.

Yes, Manu won't be injured like last year but Bynum won't be, either.

Celtics-Lakers finals this year.

thought bynum was out for the whole season?

The early estimate for Bynum's return brings us almost to the end of the regular season; the latest estimate takes us into the second round of the playoffs.
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/02/02/andrew-bynum-out-8-12-weeks-with-a-torn-mcl/

If this timetable holds, he could very well be back in time for the WCF's and Finals.

Like last year, the Lakers can hold the fort until then. Even if he doesn't return, LA is younger, more versatile, more athletic, as we saw in lastyear's 5-game series.

Originally Posted by copped

The Spurs could've signed Mikki Moore, Joe Smith, AND Gooden... they still aren't getting past the Lakers.

I'm no Lakers fan but LA has too much talent and the Spurs can't match up with a Gasol, Odom, Bynum (when he returns) frontline. Throw in an effective Ariza and there you go.

Yes, Manu won't be injured like last year but Bynum won't be, either.

Celtics-Lakers finals this year.

thought bynum was out for the whole season?

The early estimate for Bynum's return brings us almost to the end of the regular season; the latest estimate takes us into the second round of the playoffs.
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/02/02/andrew-bynum-out-8-12-weeks-with-a-torn-mcl/

If this timetable holds, he could very well be back in time for the WCF's and Finals.

Like last year, the Lakers can hold the fort until then. Even if he doesn't return, LA is younger, more versatile, more athletic, as we saw in last year's 5-game series.

If Bynum is not back, the same thing wont happen gain like it did last year to the Spurs. Spurs had a tough road to the WCF's. First round - Suns, Secondround Hornets. The Lakers had an easy road and stayed fresh. Spurs were just beat up. Mind you, 3 of the four games could of gone either way. Remember planebroke down in New Orleans before game 1. Spurs ran outa gas and lost a 20 point lead, but I do credit the Lakers on that win. Also, the no call on Brent Barry.MCL injury is no joke.... Even if Bynum does come back which might be right when playoffs start. (if the Lakers are lucky) its not gonna matter because hestill has to get in game shape which takes at least a month. He wont be a full 100%. Guaranteed. Should be a great series, but this year wont be as easy forthe Lakers.

[Should be a great series, but this year wont be as easy for the Lakers.]

Agreed.

Not as easy but the Lakers still have the clear advantage with their roster and home court advantage.

As great a defensive team as the Spurs are, they don't have an answer for Kobe. Shutting down his scoring only leaves Gasol and Odom to work in the paint,and for Ariza, Vujacic, Fisher, and Farmar to work from the perimeter.

Spurs don't have that type of offense nor the personnel to shut the Lakers down.

Finley, Mason, Udoka, Bonner, George Hill?

Simply not nearly enough to compete. If the Spurs want to go anywhere, it's gotta be the Duncan-TP-Manu show again.

I'm sure Phil Jackson knows what to expect from them.

^manu is the wild card this year. if he plays like he did a few yrs back when he was an all star then they got a real good shot. td always brings it, andparker is probably having his best year ever.

The WCC will come down to the Lakers VS Spurs and not enough credit is given to the Spurs bench. Like I said earlier they might not be consistent but whenthey are the Spurs are unbeatable. George Hill is underrated he plays good D and has great speed which allows him to draw the fouls when he drives in. Bonergets on hot streaks ever so often and when he does thats like 4 3-pointers a game and lets not forget our weapon in Roger Mason Jr. Now yes Kobe will alwaysscore 25 or more on us but the others have to beat us also. I know they have depth but they also have their days of being inconsistent. If Bynum comes back Ilike Duncan guarding him and I like Gooden guarding Gasol. I like our chances. It will come down to a game 7.

this is Gooden's 6th team already.....I don't think he's that good

Gooden, Old Man Smith, and Mikki Moore don't scare the Lakers

LA is already a very deep and talented team, these other teams are just trying to catch up

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

LA is already a very deep and talented team, these other teams are just trying to catch up

word up.

This is a quality pick-up for the Spurs. They needed this for have another slightly above average big man to face the Lakers frontline.

Lizaker4Lizife:
He played, what? One game with the Kings.
laugh.gif
Thatdoesn't count.

He'll be a solid backup for the Spurs. Watch.

Originally Posted by belle155

spurs and cavs makin moves! awesome

glad LA didnt get him. spurs will be tough against anyone in the west. playoffs will be great
QFT...

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

word up.
your bench? what bench?

[table][tr][td]NUM[/td] [td]PLAYER[/td] [td]POS[/td] [td]HT[/td] [td]WT[/td] [td]DOB[/td] [td] FROM[/td] [td]YRS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Trevor Ariza[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]06/30/1985[/td] [td] UCLA[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Shannon Brown[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]211[/td] [td]11/29/1985[/td] [td] Michigan State[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]Kobe Bryant - C[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]08/23/1978[/td] [td] Lower Merion HS (PA)[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Andrew Bynum[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [td]285[/td] [td]10/27/1987[/td] [td] St. Joseph HS (NJ)[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Jordan Farmar[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]11/30/1986[/td] [td] UCLA[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Derek Fisher[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]08/09/1974[/td] [td] Arkansas-Little Rock[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Pau Gasol[/td] [td]F-C[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [td]250[/td] [td]07/06/1980[/td] [td] Spain[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [td]Didier Ilunga-Mbenga[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]12/30/1980[/td] [td] Congo[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Adam Morrison[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]07/19/1984[/td] [td] Gonzaga[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Lamar Odom[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]11/06/1979[/td] [td] Rhode Island[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Josh Powell[/td] [td]F-C[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]240[/td] [td]01/25/1983[/td] [td] North Carolina State[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]Sasha Vujacic[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]03/08/1984[/td] [td] Slovenia[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Luke Walton[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]03/28/1980[/td] [td] Arizona[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Sun Yue[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]11/06/1985[/td] [td] China[/td] [td]R[/td] [/tr][/table]

what spurs are suppose to be afraid of josh powell? benga? morrison? walton? sun yue? shannon brown?

ur only bench is (that is consistent): ariza, farmar, and if streaky vujacic (but he is VERY streaky)

so this whole bull about lakers being deep i dont see it
6)
so who you have left: 1) kobe 2) fisher 3) pau 4) bynum (if he comes back) 5) odom 6) ariza 7) farmar
spurs: 1) duncan 2) manu 3) parker [thats 3 guys who can take over a game] 4) mason 5) gooden (bench) 6) bonner (will hit the open shot) 7) finley, thomas,oberto (collectively can contribute enough as an ariza or odom)

man its going to be a real good series

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Everybody still sleeping on Utah...they can go 9-10 deep themselves.

Manu, Gooden, Bowen, Thomas, Oberto>>>>>Ariza, Farmar, Vujacic,Powell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Knight,Harpring, Korver, Milsap

obviously, lakers bench w/ odom wouldve be a really solid one

now its very vulnerable. besides pau, there is no big guy to back him up

Back
Top Bottom