Squid Game - Season 2 confirmed

Lol, if you actually pull up the clip of Lebron discussing the ending with Anthony Davis in passing, it doesn’t sound like Lebron was doing anything more than just saying what a lot of people thought.

Dumb director took it personally🤣. If he’s gonna do that maybe don’t release season two.

Director's head needs to go on the MJ "took that personally" meme asap for that:lol:

Thoroughly enjoyed this, my only major complaint is that the VIPs were all awful actors with awful dialogue. They were like an awful attempt at caricatures of obnoxious rich Americans.

Whoever did the art direction for this show deserves an award

I read an interview featuring a bunch of the VIP actors and they blame the direction and editing for the seemingly out of place acting performances. Korean to English for a Korean audience was just too difficult to get right. They had no idea what the show was about when filming their scenes, so they weren’t sure how to react, which gave them stale performances.

also the masks weighed a ton and were hard to hear. Additionally, they said each scene had like 50 takes, and the editor didn’t speak English very well so they picked the weirdest takes that made the final cut. For instance, if the line was supposed to be “Get outta my face!” And the actor forgot his line or played around with “get into my face!” The editor didn’t know which would be the correct English saying, so they just picked at random.

I blame that for the out of place performances and not the actors themselves. But yeah, I’m sure next season will be more American audience-centric, meaning more American bodies involved in the project and less things getting lost in translation for us here in the states.

So don’t take the context in which Lebron spoke about it and only consider that we don’t have the full context in which the director was speaking?

I dunno, director could have just been like “ok, cool” and kept it moving. I don’t see any need for him to elaborate.
I'm not sure what you mean about what LeBron said, I agree with him. I'm just saying I personally wouldn't call out the director because his quote could be tongue-in-cheek. Also just saw this from Sports Illustrated:

"Hwang Dong-hyuk went through hell and back to get this show made, including over a decade of rejections. Going through all that to get your dream project produced means you can clap back at anyone, even global superstar LeBron James. Here is what he told The Guardian in a recent interview:

Have you seen Space Jam 2? LeBron James is cool and can say what he wants. I respect that. I’m very thankful he watched the whole series. But I wouldn’t change my ending. That’s my ending. If he has his own ending that would satisfy him, maybe he could make his own sequel. I’ll check it out and maybe send him a message saying, ‘I liked your whole show, except the ending.’”
Sick burn from Hwang. It's pretty funny and intended to be funny and in good faith, but let's address a few things. First, artists will always be sensitive about their art. Number two: Please Hollywood, this is not an invitation to make Space Jam 3."

Just finished last night.

The marbles and the glass panels were the two best episodes. The glass panels episode had me sweatin' like I was up there.

Ending was kinda, 'meh' but you know that was all set up for another season.

I'm not sure what you mean about what LeBron said, I agree with him. I'm just saying I personally wouldn't call out the director because his quote could be tongue-in-cheek. Also just saw this from Sports Illustrated:

"Hwang Dong-hyuk went through hell and back to get this show made, including over a decade of rejections. Going through all that to get your dream project produced means you can clap back at anyone, even global superstar LeBron James. Here is what he told The Guardian in a recent interview:

Sick burn from Hwang. It's pretty funny and intended to be funny and in good faith, but let's address a few things. First, artists will always be sensitive about their art. Number two: Please Hollywood, this is not an invitation to make Space Jam 3."

The idea of “clapping back” at a guy who wasn’t shooting is unnecessary.

It wasn’t like Lebron said “the director could have used my input on that ending. I make box office smash hits! Have you seen Space Jam 2?!”

Like come on.

Someone like Lebron who no matter how many things he accomplishes still has to deal with wild criticism (even in the case of creating a non profit school that creates a direct pipeline to college for kids that wouldn’t have otherwise had the opportunity) wasn’t taking a shot at the director at all. There wasn’t even a tinge of disrespect in his comments.

The director overreacted.

The marbles and the glass panels were the two best episodes. The glass panels episode had me sweatin' like I was up there.
looking back on it, the panel episode was wild. they had an actual advantage with the guy who was a glassworker and took that away from them.

also I may need to watch but how was that related to child hood? hopscotch?

and when did old man homie have time to talk on the phone to the front man? when they were out of the game?

What happened to the bread the dude owed to streets cats? Seems like that just got dropped after episode 2 :lol: …He was still hanging round the way a whole year afterwards and never ran back into em?
I just assumed those guys were paid the get them to sign away their rights to their body and organs. Then the guy in suit approached him to bring them into the game. Not that any of that made the games any less illegal lol. I think that was all just a misdirect w/o doctor subplot to try and make people think they were doing all the killing just for organs.

looking back on it, the panel episode was wild. they had an actual advantage with the guy who was a glassworker and took that away from them.

also I may need to watch but how was that related to child hood? hopscotch?

and when did old man homie have time to talk on the phone to the front man? when they were out of the game?
Old man probably had a cellphone like inmates do out here and was making calls in the restroom. Security must not be that tight if old boy could do his thing with the crazy lady in there LOL.

Kinfolk Kinfolk I feel you though, Bron really wasn't taking shots. Ending was weak, director snapped because it's his life's work, and now we're getting a Space Jam 3 out of pettiness.

1635307812921.jpeg

The director was just butthurt that someone with a big global name was criticizing his work.

But the ending was a big disappointment tbh. Not the father-daughter angle but the big reveal of the people behind the game and their meaning/purpose.

Unlike other people who claim they saw it coming I was genuinely surprised it was the old man laying in the bed who called upon Seong to meet him in that building. When he walked up to his bed I was like “dammn, they finna hit us with something deep, some type of explanation that’s gonna make you take a step back and look at life differently for a sec” type of sh**.

But no, I was on the edge of my seat ready for old man to hit us with a life lesson, but he basically explains to Seong that him and his network of rich buddies created this game cause they were bored and wanted to feel young again? I’m not sure if it was lost in translation but that explanation and climax to the story was wack af. And they could’ve done better on that part.

Last edited:
I forgot about this part. It def seemed like old
man was trying to make 456 win. At first, maybe because he thought he was the only player that liked him and could leech into him to survive. But yeah maybe this theory has some insight into why he might have wanted him to win for other reasons.

The jacket thing does seem extra important after the end reveal.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVC8CTsAFRO/?utm_medium=copy_link

Rewatching the show. And I think it would've hit harder if the old man didn't actually die. And when 456 pulled up on him at the end, he was at a corporate office desk. Just like how he was playing lost in ep 6 but knew that 456 was tricking him the whole time. Could've made it that he was really still sharp in the mind. And then 456 could go after the corporation in s2.

Americans finally getting a taste of how other people feel when our movies have characters have terrible dialogue/actors/accents in foreign languages. I remember Breaking Bad being one of the worst offenders.

Just finished the show. It was good. I think the German dub may be the best. French Dub wasn’t as bad as the English and Spanish dubs.

i refuse to watch a dubbed movie when good subs are available. that’s just some lazy **** that dilutes the experience.

Just finished it...I don't believe the director when he said he didn't plan to be multiple seasons when he wrote this. There were so many things that hinted at potential for more.

I think next, there should at least be a prequel for S2 that shows the Front Man's tournament when he won and why he decided to stay and become the Front Man. Long-term it's definitely setting up a showdown between him and 456. Both of them won but weren't content going back to their normal lives so they wanted to go back to the games, for different motivations obviously. Also I'm not even sure his brother is dead...why not just shoot him square in the chest instead of the shoulder if they intended to kill him off.

Back
Top Bottom