Squid Game - Season 2 confirmed

It almost feels like the ending was added because it was popular. He could’ve made that call from the US or, even better, not even told them he’s going to try to stop. “Hey, I was just giving you a call to let you know im trying to build a case on you. So…you know don’t change anything or leave town.”

3lmv6funojq71.png

She was pretty good for her first acting gig. My wife was sobbing after that marble episode. I know them other Korean actresses like Bae Suzy and them are salty though that she came out of modeling and instantly becomes most famous LOL. Marvel got Park Seo-joon to try to attract some viewers, would be smart to find a role for her in that universe.

Its perfectly set up to be a SAW type situation. Just make all new players and new games...people will watch

This would be a good idea, if we weren't so emotionally invested in the players from this season. The show spent a few episodes really developing characters, rather than having more games to be played. If the intent was to have new players in the new season, they would've focused more on the games rather than all the player relationships and social dynamics.

This would be a good idea, if we weren't so emotionally invested in the players from this season. The show spent a few episodes really developing characters, rather than having more games to be played. If the intent was to have new players in the new season, they would've focused more on the games rather than all the player relationships and social dynamics.

I hear you
and agreed we need to know what happens to the main character

But you can already see them butchering the concept into oblivion. Although it can be done both ways like True Detective style. Each season you build it the same way. Give all the characters deep backstories and build the relationship for the viewer each season

Personally, I am add Emmitt Lee against a second season. I think it WOULD’VE been perfect had it not have that ironically money grab open ending. I mean, he could’ve seen his daughter and hunted them down when he got back.

Personally, I am add Emmitt Lee against a second season. I think it WOULD’VE been perfect had it not have that ironically money grab open ending. I mean, he could’ve seen his daughter and hunted them down when he got back.

I don't think the intent was ever for him to have a happy ending. Because he had to perform acts which wouldn't warrant anyone from getting one. One of the main themes of the show was how you need to be selfish in order to win. We saw that clearly with Ali. He was the only character who was selfless through and through and it got him no where. Instead, his best friend not only swindled him of his marbles, but effectively murder's him afterwards.

The end of Gi-hun dying his hair red and going after the creators of the game is an ode to his obligation of paying the price for victory. The real prize of the game is being involved/tied to the game forever. We get a sense of this from Joon-Ho's brother being a chairman.

The end of Gi-hun dying his hair red and going after the creators of the game is an ode to his obligation of paying the price for victory. The real prize of the game is being involved/tied to the game forever. We get a sense of this from Joon-Ho's brother being a chairman.

I feel like it being revealed he didn’t touch the money, him asking the banker for money and his general demeanor conveyed it wasn’t a happy ending. Everything else was kinda redundant and could’ve waited to be re-enforced at the beginning of the second season.

He could’ve went to see his daughter, came back got off the plane, on the train and saw the guy playing Tiles or w/e and THEN had his epiphany to go revenge. Boom. Season 2 is on and rocking. Maybe the writer was trying to make a point about “successful” sacrificing time with family?

Back
Top Bottom