STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

The only positive here is Bryan Fuller (Hannibal, Pushing Daisies) is involved.

Yea TV hasn't had a good space epic since the reimagined Battlestar Galactica which was great.

I'm excited for this as a Trek fan, but sucks that after the premier on CBS, it's only going to be on their streaming app.

So the series officially went from web series only to on CBS?

Star Trek on tv definitely needed a break but it has been far too long. Hope this is great.

Fuller being involved shows a lot of promise.

This needs to be out ASAP :pimp:

Should've been ordered on the network right away not online.

cbs sucks. They probably wanted to make it like a csi / ncis / criminal minds star trek show.

I haven't lost all interest but I was really disappointed when news broke Fuller was no longer running this.

What sold me was Fuller's take on Star Trek.

Disappointing that there's some drama surrounding this, was hoping for a good modern take. Watched some old next gen episodes and it was like watching TV in slow motion.

^ You should catch some of the OG :lol: The struggle.

Yeah, it really has nagged at me. Didn't even bother posting the news when I found out weeks ago.

May have to wait like a good 5-7 years before Fuller has another shot :smh:

Last edited:
 You should catch some of the OG :lol: The struggle.

As weird as this may seem, I can watch the Original Series but have a hard time watching TNG...
That is strange. I can watch both but I'm very aware of their distinct styles and tones. Plus the era's of the two show how it was more wild west for Kirk while it was more 50s thru the 80s for Picard.

I love TNG. Picard and Data are my ppl :smokin

The struggle for the OG for me were the fight scenes, the idea that their uniforms were proper attire for space travel, and some of the repeated cliche themes and tropes (Kirk even though he's a lady's man is just macking on so many alien chicks it's ridiculous). So many plots have the female just being a love interest for McCoy, Kirk, and even Spock.

TNG just had this order to it that flowed better to me and that impact greatly influenced Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

Wait how's a Lt commander the lead and not the captain? Pretty damn cool and interesting though, I'm in.

Article said they wanted to change it up and see stuff from a different character's perspective. I think it said Michelle Yeoh was the captain. The article mentioned cbs' streaming service a few times. They definitely are making an effort to get cord cutters.

In.

I wonder if this does well how it will impact the current universe of movies?

View media item 2262863
3071115900000578-3411006-image-a-121_1453417411946.jpg

aae31695abc287ba06f7e52d48567b3f.jpg

I'm so all in. Shorty been fine as **** :evil:

Plus she can act. I can see her in the uniform and all that.

Wait how's a Lt commander the lead and not the captain? Pretty damn cool and interesting though, I'm in.
It was Fuller's idea. Make the 1st officer the main character given we've had 6 previous series all from the captain's pov.

In.

I wonder if this does well how it will impact the current universe of movies?
Probably not. Movies take place in alternate timeline where Vulcan was destroyed.

If it's a real success like TNG was, 4 or 5 seasons in they'll get their own movie and I figure by then the current movies will be wrapped up.

Long shot chance there's a crossover movie.

Back
Top Bottom