STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

that’s some damn good news. they need to give this chance to gain steam. the extra gore is a welcome addition also.

just looked up the dude that plays saru and it was interesting to see he played abe sapien in hellboy and faun in pan’s labyrinth. i saw the similarities in voice and mannerisms and it clicked when i saw it was the same dude.

Still haven’t checked this out. Not really into the fall shows this year so I need something new.

haven't been able to watch either because of the CBS streaming service

NBA season being back doesn't help either

Didn't realize this was back but they're taking more risks. I like the idea of son possibly being a Klingon transformed into a human.

Just watched the latest episode.

My favorite new show running.

I can't imagine how they're both gonna get out alive next week.

Ive held off on catching the new eps since it came back from the break.

Did hear that Voq theory was true :lol:

Mirror universe though :pimp:

Last edited:
The mirror universe storyline is pretty good. From what I can remember every series except Voyager had some version of an alternate reality.

Always knew ol boy would eventually cause problems for Burnham but didn't see that angle coming.

TNG did not have a mirror universe ep either during its run (unfortunately).

However, TNG and Voyager both had an ep or two that was basically like the mirror universe where versions of the main cast were darker and more ruthless; Alternate timeline ep involving Tasha Yar where the Federation never made peace with the Klingons, a retelling of the Voyager crew in the future about their journey through the Delta Quadrant.

Interestingly though, Worf and Tuvok both got depictions of their mirror universe counterparts in Deep Space 9.

Last edited:
TNG did not have a mirror universe ep either during its run (unfortunately).

However, TNG and Voyager both had an ep or two that was basically like the mirror universe where versions of the main cast were darker and more ruthless; Alternate timeline ep involving Tasha Yar where the Federation never made peace with the Klingons, a retelling of the Voyager crew in the future about their journey through thebDelta Quadrant.

Interestingly though, Worf and Tuvok both got depictions of their mirror universe counterparts in Deep Space 9.

Correct, that's why I said "alternate reality."

Edit: I def forgot about the Voyager arcs. They have a few episodes with alternate Voyagers or resetting the timeline now that I think about it.

Last edited:
that was a twist. i dunno though, for some reason, i'm already getting a little tired of this show. almost seems like they're trying too hard to make it more adult. imma keep watching for now.

Holy plot twist, Batman! I'm gonna have to disagree with the trying too hard to make an adult series. Rather, they're just upping the ante in terms of storyline (less episodic and more cinematic).

Star Trek: More Than One Movie In Development

Currently, we know there are two official Star Trek movie scripts in development: one from JD Payne and Patrick McKay — reportedly focused on James Kirk’s father, George, played by Chris Hemsworth in the 2009 JJ Abrams reboot — and another by Mark L. Smith, which is reported to be based on an idea by acclaimed director Quentin Tarantino.

“I know Paramount, under their new administration, is eager to keep the franchise going,” Quinto insisted. “I feel like as soon as we go reconvene and then there’s a script that the studio believes in and a director, whether it’s Quentin or somebody else, that comes up… Hopefully, we’ll move it all forward. I’m pretty sure Quentin is doing his other project, which he wrote, so that might kind of contextualize things in terms of the chronology of how we might make more than one movie if we make more than one movie.”
:pimp: QT

I believe it'll happen.

ain't know there was a thread for this

Sasha did the damn thing s1

I ain't like they killed that one alien in the first ep he was too dope

Alex Kurtzman Sets Five-Year CBS TV Studios Pact, Will Oversee Expanded ‘Star Trek’ Universe

CBS Television Studios is going all in on “Star Trek.”

Variety has learned that the studio behind “Star Trek: Discovery” has signed Alex Kurtzman to a new five-year overall deal that will see him supervise the expansion of CBS’ “Star Trek” franchise for television, developing new series, mini-series and other content opportunities, including animation.

To that end, sources say there are currently multiple shows set within the “Star Trek” universe already in development.

The potential new shows are said to include:

• A series set at Starfleet Academy from creators Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz. The duo most recently developed the CW’s reboot of “Dynasty” and previously created shows like “Gossip Girl” and Hulu and Marvel’s “Runaways.”
  • A limited series whose plot details are being kept under wraps.
  • A limited series based around the “Wrath of Khan” story. Khan’s full name is Khan Noonien Singh. He was famously portrayed by Ricardo Montalbán in both the original series episode “Space Seed” and again in the film “Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan.” Benedict Cumberbatch then played the character in the 2013 film “Star Trek Into Darkness.”
  • An animated series whose plot details are being kept under wraps.
CBS Television Studios declined to confirm any specific projects.

Back
Top Bottom