STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

Awwwwww **** :pimp: We living long and prospering.

All sounds great.

I just need me one dope live action spinoff series whether on a station or ship that deals more with section 31, and I'd like to see Q or a Q make a return.

S1 finale was anticlimactic to me but I enjoyed overall. Like for some reason they stuck to the typical Star Trek "under action" if you know what I mean.

Eh, I really didn't like Pine's comments on Star Trek basically having to step down so I ain't even that mad.

Time to just bring in a time travelling young Benjamin Sisko :pimp:

Star Trek: Discovery casts Spock after long search

Star Trek: Discovery’s search for Spock is now over.

The CBS All Access drama has cast Ethan Peck in the series after an extensive search. Peck’s credits include parts in In Time, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and 10 Things I Hate About You — and clearly, he looks right for the distinctive part.

William Shatner Reveals Why Kirk Died in Star Trek: Generations

"So the Producer said, ‘We’re going to kill Kirk because we think that The Next Generation will make more money at the box office,’ and I said ‘Why? Why do you want to kill the Captain?’” “[They said] ‘Ah, the box office, expenses, the budget, and the box office.’ And they said, ‘Do you want to be a part of it?’ And I said, ‘Yes, I’ll be a part of it.'”

However, in reality, Shatner felt he had little say regarding the decision.

“Well, I didn’t think I had any choice in the matter,” he continued. “Paramount had decided that the ceiling that they could reach in our box office had been reached and they thought that by putting in The Next Generation cast, that they would reach a higher box office. That decision had been made. It was either I was going to appear and die, or they were going to say he died. So, I chose the more practical of the two. That was their theory. It didn’t work out that way, but that is the way it was.”

Luckily for fans, Shatner has considered reprising his famous role for a cameo the current series Star Trek: Discovery if the writers can come up with a way to explain Kirk’s resurrection, so the legendary Enterprise may prove you can’t keep a good captain down for long.

anyone watch season 2's short treks? 4 episodes around 15 minutes each. i watched the first two so far and they're pretty good.

Watching the Orville man I hate Seth McFarlane's weird, non-emoting soulless face.

One thing that annoys me with these shows is the frequent injection of 20th century pop culture. Like we're not out here watching Chaplin talkies or whatever. Create something.

Last edited:
Really like the Orville but initially it caught me off guard that Seth cast himself as the captain.

He's not a good actor. Very one note and stiff. Not a lot of range. Even though this is half comedy it took me awhile to get use to him and the sound of his voice.

As far as the incessant injection of 20th century influence and pop culture it is a limitation and failings of the writers. I find it odd you got a show set damn 200 or 300 years in the future but we got ppl obsessed with the 1990s and prior :lol:

They did that in TNG, Voyager, and DS9, and Enterprise. There's always that one guy that loves baseball even though nobody plays it, in to vintage ****ing cars, in to 60s b-movies, etc.

How come I don't know anybody in to music of the 1800s? :lol:

Enjoyed the Season 2 premiere last night. Then I goto the Star Trek subreddit to find a bunch of haters. Man Trekkies have no appreciation for anything new.

I dislike just about everything traditional trekkies like about the franchise. Like how I don't like Voyager because it's the one trek that had license to be creative because they were stranded light years away but with the stories they got they may as well be orbiting earth. No reason they maintained federation order. And how Janeway give terrorists rank almost immediately but Kim was an ensign for 10 years. Etc etc

Kim got the shaft.

Matter of fact, all of the Maquis and even a former Borg came up in rank much quicker than the federation officers she came in with. Paris even got demoted :lol:

1st seasons are usually rough for Trek shows but those first two seasons it's a little insane to think ppl would rock with all that the way Janeway was being captain.

Back
Top Bottom