Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah not his father whom he killed coming back to him through the force to finally tell him he loves him, showing he never gave up on him even after he killed him, and bringing him back to the Light.

Not memorable at all. Trash.
That scene was so unearned.

Fam wasted in TLJ trying to get Rey on his side instead of pursuing his own **** with killing Snoke.

Kylo Ren is a horribly written character. Never a full on antagonist, all wishy washy.

I hope in the future when they do characters that were Jedi then Sith then come back to the light side (Revan) it's nothing like Kylo Ren and much closer to Vader.

Better lightsaber choreography, and that's the only thing better? Yeah, sure, that's possible.

Thankfully, 2019 has better acting, better storyline, better characters, better dialogue, no children, no Roger Rogers, and no Jar Jar. But hey.....
I dont know about that.

Also, outside of completely revamping these lame characters there's close to nothing to do with these ST characters to enhance the story of the triloy or improve the character's the way PT characters got an extended life in the lore.

Last edited:
dooku was ****ing 90 years old ****ing up a prime obi wan AND young chosen one at the same damn TIME

Pretty sure that was a stunt double doin that, no?

You wanted a stunt double Luke to do work? So again, why not just recast them all and be younger then?

uhhh isnt that what they do for most action sequences in movies? Use stunt doubles?

jackie chan aint walking through that door

Mark Hamill wasn't the one dancin in Empire/Jedi?

(I actually don't know if those were stunt doubles)

Pretty sure that was a stunt double doin that, no?

You wanted a stunt double Luke to do work? So again, why not just recast them all and be younger then?
What are you even talking about right now? :lol:

It was Dooku putting in work. Forget the real world explanation that it was a stunt double. Thats irrelevant.

This is not about the character's being younger. Stunt doubles are there to do things actors cant or wont do. I mean c'mon you think every young actor is doing their own stunts like they Tom Cruise?

I’m pretty sure Christopher lee did his own stunts in the first duel with Anakin and obi. It was a stunt double in the second with Yoda

What are you even talking about right now? :lol:

It was Dooku putting in work. Forget the real world explanation that it was a stunt double. Thats irrelevant.

This is not about the character's being younger. Stunt doubles are there to do things actors cant or wont do. I mean c'mon you think every young actor is doing their own stunts like they Tom Cruise?

My point was always using 70 year old Han, Luke, Leia, Lando was wrong and fan service. Look at Lame, he was so desperate to see elite Luke. 70 year old Mark Hamill wasn't gonna do ****, stunt man or otherwise.

Look at the Dooku scene I just posted, that **** is terrible. :lol:

If you want elite Luke, you had to go younger. You had to go more plausible, ala Ray Park/Maul.

Hell, we had the Raid guys in the first film, we shoulda had THEM be the Knights of Ren. :nerd:

Kylo vs Rey (first time holding a saber Rey) looked awkward, him vs a 70 year old Jedi would have been worse, imo. At least she (or her double) could move as needed.

How is that Dooku duel terrible? What come on now. It’s not duel of fates but that’s a decent duel. Never mind it’s not worth it. Not even funny anymore the trolling has become

That’s his lightsaber form. It’s all about precision. Form 2

2:20......that's not about form 2, it's an 82 year old actor.

It's edited great, certainly, but that scene is terrible. The Yoda one is worse. All the jumpin around & ****.

2:20......that's not about form 2, it's an 82 year old actor.

It's edited great, certainly, but that scene is terrible. The Yoda one is worse. All the jumpin around & ****.
that’s yoda’s fighting style. He did the same thing in rots fighting the stormtroopers and fighting Sidious. Like seriously wth are you on right now. You really brought up editing when you posted the only great scene in tlj that was heavily edited cause the hero was about to get stab until a blade mysteriously vanished

that’s yoda’s fighting style. He did the same thing in rots fighting the stormtroopers and fighting Sidious. Like seriously wth are you on right now.

And it's terrible. I get it, he's a foot tall, but that's why he should have been skipped with the lightsaber stuff. Force power stuff is fine, that was good, they should have stayed away from saber stuff with him.

And it's terrible. I get it, he's a foot tall, but that's why he should have been skipped with the lightsaber stuff. Force power stuff is fine, that was good, they should have stayed away from saber stuff with him.
my man stop you’re embarrassing yourself tonight. Just stop. You wanted the head of the Jedi to be skipped over from lightsaber battles. Yoda was bad*** fighting and everyone wanted to see it. Call it a night and come back another day

I definitely wanted to see Yoda battle with the lightsaber...but I was disappointed
with how it turned out...it could have been done though (to my satisfaction anyway), that is, the flaws weren't
inherent to Yoda. I do not blame Yoda.

I definitely wanted to see Yoda battle with the lightsaber...but I was disappointed
with how it turned out...it could have been done though (to my satisfaction anyway), that is, the flaws weren't
inherent to Yoda. I do not blame Yoda.

How do you mean? Who do you blame?

How do you mean? Who do you blame?

I'm not a big fan of CGI. I didn't like how they chose to choreograph him.
I didn't really even care for how he looked just chillin'

But I haven't been too impressed by any of the lightsaber duels from the prequels or sequels.
Trying to do too much. Too many high spots.
A double sided saber was a great idea though!

Back
Top Bottom