Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Waititi has been approached to develop a film. Why can't Filoni just get the keys to the car?
I guess maybe Dave still has "proven" himself in a live-action format yet? We all know he can tell a good animated story, but I guess they wanna develop him some more with smaller stuff before a full motion picture?

There's also the does he even want to do it question as well.

Like he may want to write the script for a movie or a trilogy or direct a movie but that doesnt mean he wants to be in charge of the entire thing.

I guess maybe Dave still has "proven" himself in a live-action format yet? We all know he can tell a good animated story, but I guess they wanna develop him some more with smaller stuff before a full motion picture?

After Solo and the new trilogy, what do they have to lose by letting him write a treatment? He directed two episodes of the Mandalorian and wrote three.

After Solo and the new trilogy, what do they have to lose by letting him write a treatment? He directed two episodes of the Mandalorian and wrote three.

I 100% agree with what you're saying and I'd lead the Filoni charge, but the writing's on the wall that Disney's going the "safe and proven" route right now. It is what it is.

Finally caught up with the clone wars and rebels toons. It’s crazy how much more they developed the characters from II and III. Very enjoyable series and I like how we are finally getting more stories from between II and III. Oh and Hondo is that dude. Makes me laugh everytime he’s on the screen :lol:

does the safe and proven route mean we gonna get more of the horrible sequel trilogy ****?
Nah. I would imagine we'd get something more in line with what George Lucas would do and stuff similar to Mandalorian, Rogue One, and Rebels. The regular SW type of story with the expected cash grab for toys with some cute character children will love and a funny droid.

No pandering to groups. Focus on having a full complete story before executing it.

Its not like Lucasfilm completely forgot how to make quality Star Wars material.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’d enjoy a Waititi SW movie if they would be anything like Thor: Ragnorak, then again that’s all I know of him

There's also the does he even want to do it question as well.

Like he may want to write the script for a movie or a trilogy or direct a movie but that doesnt mean he wants to be in charge of the entire thing.
I don’t think I’d enjoy a Waititi SW movie if they would be anything like Thor: Ragnorak, then again that’s all I know of him
Go watch JoJo Rabbit.

Thats exactly how his Star Wars movie will be.

:lol:

Finally caught up with the clone wars and rebels toons. It’s crazy how much more they developed the characters from II and III. Very enjoyable series and I like how we are finally getting more stories from between II and III. Oh and Hondo is that dude. Makes me laugh everytime he’s on the screen :lol:
Yeah anyone who hasn't seen them yet and is interested in the SW universe should check them out. Clone Wars > prequels.

Old video, but

I did Rebels, but not Clone Wars. I guess I should try to get into it. Seems like quite a commitment though, as there appears to be a lot of episodes.

That's the thing, you don't have to watch them all or in order. There's def some trash. Like if you got limited time def skip s1 and any political padme or Jar Jar episodes even though Padme is better in this than the films. Those eps are just boring. Anything that featured Anakin, the clone troopers, Ahsoka, Maul, Obi Wan, Mandalorians were pretty good.

Last edited:
does the safe and proven route mean we gonna get more of the horrible sequel trilogy ****?

37440.jpg

#soon

clone wars was so masterful and done in a short span inbetween movies

These mother ****ers were sitting on a gold mine of spectacular stories. All they had to do was make a competent sequel trilogy.

They would have had over 30 years to cover in clone wars fashion

And they blew it.

paid for the goose to lay the golden egg and all it did was lay a big fat ****

Back
Top Bottom