Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They definitely didn't do a good job of making him look like the lightsaber gawd :lol:

ex7UOBv.gif

That lightsaber duel with Palps was probably the worst duel ever. They couldn’t just get a stunt double for him to make a better fight? Even old *** Dooku had swag in his lightsaber game and Qui Gon and Yoda looked like spring chickens once them lightsabers were lit.

But Mace? It looked like he was just practicing the moves thinking it was a rehearsal and George just said screw it and ended up using that as the actual footage.

The hell is gonna be happening in this obi wan tv show? Hes just gon be bullying and banging jawas the whole time? Selling jedi robes at the tattoine swap meet? The jedi are wanted across the galaxy. Him and yoda have to stay hidden. How much can you get out of that without damaging past movies?

Sounds like another solo fail.

Should have done a young vader show or rebels live action show
You can do a lot as long as it happens in the outer rim or all empire lackeys die so they can never tell the tale to the Emperor, Vader, or Tarkin

That lightsaber duel with Palps was probably the worst duel ever. They couldn’t just get a stunt double for him to make a better fight? Even old *** Dooku had swag in his lightsaber game and Qui Gon and Yoda looked like spring chickens once them lightsabers were lit.

But Mace? It looked like he was just practicing the moves thinking it was a rehearsal and George just said screw it and ended up using that as the actual footage.
yeah mace was pretty bad in the ROTS. He was actually better in AOTC. Sad cause he was one of the greatest swordsman probably still is. Still the only one to defeat Palpatine. Which the novel version of that fight was better

They focused on the wrong things and had to rush certain aspects of the plot to conclude it without adding an extra 30 mim.

Last edited:
Nah I’m good on that...

Need to see new stuff at this point...I want a show and / or movie that has zero connection to anything we’ve seen so far...
The hell is gonna be happening in this obi wan tv show? Hes just gon be bullying and banging jawas the whole time? Selling jedi robes at the tattoine swap meet? The jedi are wanted across the galaxy. Him and yoda have to stay hidden. How much can you get out of that without damaging past movies?

Sounds like another solo fail.

Should have done a young vader show or rebels live action show

Dudes have no idea what they want to do. In this new 'trilogy' they keep saying to 'let the past die' yet they stuck on some Obi Wan, Mandalorian (potentially Boba Fett) and now Mace Windu tip.

How creatively bankrupt are these bums that they can't even take the SW universe, its set pieces and create original content that takes place several years from upcoming Episode IX? :smh: :smh: :smh:

New tv trailer and breakdown.
Looks better and better each time.

I mean........This is Fett right?...They teasing the hell out of who he is...

Also... Nick Nolte as an Ugnaught...Whoever thought of that deserves an award of some sort...Like invent an award for best Star Wars casting and present it to that person at the very next awards show...

I mean........This is Fett right?...They teasing the hell out of who he is...

I’ve been indifferent about him being Fett or not this entire time as I didn’t think it’d matter if the show was as good as I think it’ll be.

But damn, so much ambiguity and they’ve made no effort to try to differentiate him from Fett whatsoever except for the lack of green paint on his armor. As much as we’ve seen and know about this guy, they might as well just make him Fett.

I’ve been indifferent about him being Fett or not this entire time as I didn’t think it’d matter if the show was as good as I think it’ll be.

But damn, so much ambiguity and they’ve made no effort to try to differentiate him from Fett whatsoever except for the lack of green paint on his armor. As much as we’ve seen and know about this guy, they might as well just make him Fett.
but man I’m going to be little mad if he turns out to be Fett. Yes I got a discount for working at Disney for some of his black series stuff from the Disney store but still just paint him green and call him Fett

The more I see the less excited I get, unfortunate.

Disney shows are feeling more and more formulaic to check off certain boxes most fans appreciate.

Last edited:
I don't know the answer(s) either with Mandalorian/Fett, maybe there's a tie in? Maybe they want to "reinvent" the character, or avoid the Fett storyline, or maybe that will come someday.....? Iono.

I've approved of the movies they've made, even Solo was fine imo, but I certainly have not agreed with a lot of what they have done.

Canceled the EU, makin it harder on themselves.
Hiring/Firing everybody. :lol:
We're 6-7 years in and still no Old Republic work.
Rebels was great, but Alliance cartoon?
Retapping into Clone Wars???
Fett/Mandalorian
Solo and Obi Wan spin offs (tho I do like the Solo one, I do agree it wasn't a necessity.) Obi Wan can still be really good, but do I NEED it? Eh.

They brought back Thrawn, great, so where the **** is he? :lol: Why he in a cartoon only and thassit?
Knights of Ren......I mean, are we gonna use them, or????

Maybe it's our own fault. Star Wars gave us Fett, took him away quick. Gave us Maul, gone quick. Greivous, quick. Now Phasma, yep, quick. Why don't they relax with this stuff? :lol: Let these guys breathe, and cook a lil bit.

People found ways to bring back Fett and Maul, I half expect Phasma to show up again someday.

I don't know the answer(s) either with Mandalorian/Fett, maybe there's a tie in? Maybe they want to "reinvent" the character, or avoid the Fett storyline, or maybe that will come someday.....? Iono.

I've approved of the movies they've made, even Solo was fine imo, but I certainly have not agreed with a lot of what they have done.

Canceled the EU, makin it harder on themselves.
Hiring/Firing everybody. :lol:
We're 6-7 years in and still no Old Republic work.
Rebels was great, but Alliance cartoon?
Retapping into Clone Wars???
Fett/Mandalorian
Solo and Obi Wan spin offs (tho I do like the Solo one, I do agree it wasn't a necessity.) Obi Wan can still be really good, but do I NEED it? Eh.

They brought back Thrawn, great, so where the **** is he? :lol: Why he in a cartoon only and thassit?
Knights of Ren......I mean, are we gonna use them, or????

Maybe it's our own fault. Star Wars gave us Fett, took him away quick. Gave us Maul, gone quick. Greivous, quick. Now Phasma, yep, quick. Why don't they relax with this stuff? :lol: Let these guys breathe, and cook a lil bit.

People found ways to bring back Fett and Maul, I half expect Phasma to show up again someday.

Those 'Knights of Ren' cats who so far have existed only in trailers and 'dream sequences' apparently get washed in the upcoming joint. You can go ahead and add them to the 'quick' list. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are people gonna actually include this new trilogy in their rewatches with the prequel/orginal trilogy?

I'm honestly gonna keep it to the 6, because I just can't rewatch this new trilogy with the original films. Treating this new trilogy as if it never happened or is some else worlds ish.

Greatest tragedy in film history will be the fact that they couldn't get all the original cast members in one scene simply because they didn't want to.

Should've been a no brainer

Back
Top Bottom