Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, I'll bite. Show us your current pre sale numbers. Drop your info, as of Nov 10th.

I’m sure you’re familiar with Jedi Council forums

One of the more well known posters that provides leaks. I believe he’s corroborating the leak that’s currently out now. Very knowledgeable...

83BA6AF5-06AE-40EE-A3B7-5CFD4EF34D00.jpeg

There is a lot more info on r/boxoffice as well. People are bracing for impact. It’s time to let the past die :smile:

if they don’t give me a something as to Reys parentage or literally any twist at this point...

i have the prequels > the recent trilogy

If what’s out there is true :smh: JJ is a hack that can’t work in the parameters of established rules

200-220 opening weekend, and a message board of people counting seats 7 weeks early......

:lol:

200+ will be perfectly fine opening.

Again, if a billion is your "failure" that shows just how well they're doing. If it dies at 750 or somethin (still very profitable) that would at least be a letdown.

If it does 1.3-1.5, you're going to be miserable.

I have that week off, at minimum I'll be there 3 times. I know a few in here will do it at least twice. I know you won't be seeing it since you're boycotting so we'll tell you all about it around the 17th-18th. You can write your review then.

200-220 opening weekend, and a message board of people counting seats 7 weeks early......

:lol:

200+ will be perfectly fine opening.

Again, if a billion is your "failure" that shows just how well they're doing. If it dies at 750 or somethin (still very profitable) that would at least be a letdown.

If it does 1.3-1.5, you're going to be miserable.

I have that week off, at minimum I'll be there 3 times. I know a few in here will do it at least twice. I know you won't be seeing it since you're boycotting so we'll tell you all about it around the 17th-18th. You can write your review then.

Star Wars making a billion has nothing to do with what Disney has done thus far with the property and everything that George did prior. The brand will always have some type of selling power but there is something to be said about the massive regression in box office from first to second. And please, spare me your ANH to ESB/TPM to AotC comparison’s. It’s a totally different climate box office wise and we’re talking about a 700 mil difference between TFA and TLJ. With how China has wholeheartedly rejected this Star Wars trilogy 1.5 billi is a dream. Not to mention Rise of Skywalker doesn’t even have a release date in China as of yet. Domestic will be its saving grace and it ain’t gonna be as peachy with Jumanji putting families in seats but I digress.

Lol I love the confidence in you seeing the film 3 times opening week when you haven’t even bought tickets yet. I’m sure you’ll be able to though, tickets are far from sold out >D and I have a close friend stationed in Germany. I’ll be watching the film pirated the first few hours its released while you’re in denial of what I’m reporting only for you to finally see it two days later and try to convince yourself that it isn’t that bad >D >D

Let's us remember exactly two years ago you were praising Rian Johnson, hyping this film to the Nth degree cuz you expected Rey Skywalker.

November 2017 you were ALL IN on The Last Jedi.

We don't forget. :nthat:

Rise will be a solid conclusion and will do big numbers. It may not be perfect, it can't possibly satisfy every fan, but it will be more than enough, similar to RotS being "close enough" to satisfying.

And when word of mouth improves even slightly, the numbers will follow.

Lol I love the confidence in you seeing the film 3 times opening week when you haven’t even bought tickets yet. I’m sure you’ll be able to though, tickets are far from sold out

It's never been hard for ANY film. I walked in opening night for Endgame, they had 4% sold of that Showtime, as the film was starting.

Just have to know where/when to go. TFA did ridiculous numbers, I saw it multiple times opening weekend without pre-buying tickets. Stop acting like every chair world wide has to be sold out. Even Endgame couldn't do that and it's number 1 all time.

Let's us remember exactly two years ago you were praising Rian Johnson, hyping this film to the Nth degree cuz you expected Rey Skywalker.

November 2017 you were ALL IN on The Last Jedi. .

Soooooo people can’t get hyped off of a trailer and then change their minds once they’ve had a chance to actually see the film?

lamekilla lamekilla I have to agree with C CP1708 that making $1B on a $300M joint is actually a win for them.

You'd want them to make about $300M-$450M to take notice.
Gotta keep in mind Disney and Lucasfilm still have projections that they bank on. So if a movie falls really short of that there will be ramifications (see Solo).
Same thing happened with BvS. 800+ min would be great for any other franchise but for something they were expecting to rival Avengers and IM3 #s it fell way short. Plus when bad word of mouth spreads it only hurts future sales.

That Rian trilogy still coming tho and yall will watch and enjoy the hell out of it :nerd:

especially lamekilla lamekilla
Nah.

I bet Lucasfilm hoping Knives Out bombs so they can have an excuse for cancelling him.

Gotta keep in mind Disney and Lucasfilm still have projections that they bank on. So if a movie falls really short of that there will be ramifications (see Solo).

Yeah with Star Wars, especially the main saga, there are expectations involved. It's not really a case of "OK we broke even on budget and made some profit we good". I guarantee the heads will be PISSED if Rise of Skywalker falls below TLJ.

It won't happen though. 9 should do 1.5-1.6b easily imo

Also Solo didnt just not meet internal projections. It was a flat out bomb and lost the company like $100mill :lol:

Last edited:
Like stated a billion for any other franchise is huge but we live in a day and age where a solo film about Batman’s arch nemesis who can’t keep a job can make a billion w/o China and be rated R. Star Wars has a standard to live up to. There’s levels to success. Anything under what TLJ made will be looked at as a failure. This is the end of a story that started 40+ years ago. Your parents and even your grandparents know about this story.

The “Skywalker” saga :smh:

And if/when it does 1.5+ and that's FOUR Disney films, all doing more than the prequels, you'll look foolish sayin George's "kids" died like this.

And if/when it does 1.5+ and that's FOUR Disney films, all doing more than the prequels, you'll look foolish sayin George's "kids" died like this.

Is this the hill you want to die on? You’re still holding out for Rey Solo or are you gonna acknowledge that Rey had more screentime with Kylo’s mom than he did. Did Kylo even interact with Leia? Lmao get outta here

Well this comes down to what you/we/them want the Star Wars franchise to be.

As we all know, high box office even billion dollar box office doesnt mean quality and quality doesn't always turn in to high grossing box office.

Do we want SW to have movies that make a billi but are trash like the Fast & Furious franchise and DC comics movies? Transformers? The last 5 episode movies basically have the franchise heading that way. A joke, a parody of itself is where its going.

There needs to be a course correction.

Last edited:
Is this the hill you want to die on? You’re still holding out for Rey Solo or are you gonna acknowledge that Rey had more screentime with Kylo’s mom than he did. Did Kylo even interact with Leia? Lmao get outta here

No dude, you got me confused with yourself. I flat out don't care. Rey Skywalker, Rey Solo, Rey Palpatine, Rey Jomama, I don't care. As long as they connect her to the story they want to tell, if she's "nobody", fine, do that well. If she's a ___, fine, do that well. Iiiiiiiiiiiiii, don't give a damn one way or the other.

YOU are the one that was deadset on Skywalker, and YOU are the one that was broken when you didn't get your way.

I already know who the parallels are for these two characters, and I know their backstory front to back, so I'm chill. :smokin

Ok first of all. Why we comparing what makes more these days to prequels? All movies make more these days with imax and inflation so stop. And yes it would look as a failure if this movie does not at least top the lion king do in total sales

Ok first of all. Why we comparing what makes more these days to prequels? All movies make more these days with imax and inflation so stop. And yes it would look as a failure if this movie does not at least top the lion king do in total sales

The film has to be #6 all time to be considered a non-failure? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The film has to be #6 all time to be considered a non-failure? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
yeah actually it does. You put all this hype into it bring JJ back build a whole land in your parks in this trilogy which caused the company to do budget cuts cause the land didn’t take off like they thought and you get beat by a bad remake. Shows you know nothing cp. just a prequel hater

yeah actually it does. You put all this hype into it bring JJ back build a whole land in your parks in this trilogy which caused the company to do budget cuts cause the land didn’t take off like they thought and you get beat by a bad remake. Shows you know nothing cp. just a prequel hater

:lol: :rofl:

good comeback. That’s all you got

There's really nothin to argue about. You believe a film is only a success if it's a Top 6 film All Time, because of a PG remake that every child in every country could be taken too.

By your logic, every other Star Wars film ever made is a failure then outside of The Force Awakens. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for me being a prequel hater, no, I am a realist. Same as I was balls deep in Game of Thrones and suddenly S7, and really obvious S8 something started to go wrong and the tide turned quick. That's where I come from with the prequels. You want to stand tall and try to tell people "the prequels aren't that bad" that's your life choice. You're welcome to it. I speak to reality, we didn't get what the OG trilogy referenced, not even close. George his own self said it perfectly when he watched Menance, I might have gone a little too much.....

Sorry that offends you. I'm still all in on the franchise as a whole, despite me not loving the PT like I do all the other films, why do you think you're in this very thread if I didn't still love the franchise, despite everything George did to it? As I said from jump, I am thrilled he sold to Disney simply for the reason that new content is here. Rebels, Rogue One, Mandalorian, 7-9, Solo, new season of Clone Wars, Alliance, new books, and whatever comes next. We get none of this if George holds on after the backlash he received for the prequels. In the end, we all win.

Unless this film doesn't make almost 2 billion, then it's all fail...... :lol:

There's really nothin to argue about. You believe a film is only a success if it's a Top 6 film All Time, because of a PG remake that every child in every country could be taken too.

By your logic, every other Star Wars film ever made is a failure then outside of The Force Awakens. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for me being a prequel hater, no, I am a realist. Same as I was balls deep in Game of Thrones and suddenly S7, and really obvious S8 something started to go wrong and the tide turned quick. That's where I come from with the prequels. You want to stand tall and try to tell people "the prequels aren't that bad" that's your life choice. You're welcome to it. I speak to reality, we didn't get what the OG trilogy referenced, not even close. George his own self said it perfectly when he watched Menance, I might have gone a little too much.....

Sorry that offends you. I'm still all in on the franchise as a whole, despite me not loving the PT like I do all the other films, why do you think you're in this very thread if I didn't still love the franchise, despite everything George did to it? As I said from jump, I am thrilled he sold to Disney simply for the reason that new content is here. Rebels, Rogue One, Mandalorian, 7-9, Solo, new season of Clone Wars, Alliance, new books, and whatever comes next. We get none of this if George holds on after the backlash he received for the prequels. In the end, we all win.

Unless this film doesn't make almost 2 billion, then it's all fail...... :lol:
shows you haven’t work for a company that’s all about money. BvsS 890million but it didn’t do a billion. The so called last skywalker saga movie can’t do 1.5billion is a not a success and it shows that Star Wars has fallen. If Bob Iger himself wasn’t put on a lie detector test he would expect this movie to do over 1.5billion. All you do is trash is the prequels George this George that. I would George over Rian every day

shows you haven’t work for a company that’s all about money. BvsS 890million but it didn’t do a billion. The so called last skywalker saga movie can’t do 1.5billion is a not a success and it shows that Star Wars has fallen. If Bob Iger himself wasn’t put on a lie detector test he would expect this movie to do over 1.5billion. All you do is trash is the prequels George this George that.

What are you cryin about? Relax dude. EVERY company is about money. I've worked for several.
Guess what, the movie will be fine, even if it doesn't pass Lion King, it will still make plenty and be profitable. Same as The Last Jedi. If you want to call it a disappointment, that's your right, I guess the prequels were somehow successful in your eyes and we all got it twisted. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom