Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh CP. He’s like our skip bayless of this thread. Have to keep at it I guess. This trilogy is washed. Started out with potential now just hoping for a decent end so I can at least watch two movies of this trilogy. I’ll skip TLJ

BA67C05F-1C49-44E8-BCCA-7267C9F53CE0.jpeg

Rey downloaded the force Friday evening and she was already washing those dudes on Sunday night :smh:

Literally a video game character with cheat codes on. Washing cats that supposedly control entire galaxies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

New 'trilogy' wouldn't be so bad if it acknowledged that it was some type of satire/parody and didn't take itself so seriously.

This trilogy’s failure in terms of reception falls squarely on the bony shoulders of Kathleen Kennedy. You let that broad put an earthly agenda in a movie set in space. You wanna have a female protagonist, cool. You want to destroy the status quo of Star Wars, I wouldn’t recommend it but let’s see what you got. But the minute you coddle Rey and don’t let her work for a single triumph she experiences in these films is where everything fell apart. TLJ becomes more laughable as the months go on. Egregious doesn’t even begin to describe to what that film did to 40 years of history.

As it stands now the new 'trilogy' makes for a half decent villain origin story (with Rey being the villain). :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP character with literally no backstory has god-like powers even greater than the villain she's cloned/created from and literally ends up stealing the good guy's/gal's mantle.

This trilogy’s failure in terms of reception falls squarely on the bony shoulders of Kathleen Kennedy. You let that broad put an earthly agenda in a movie set in space. You wanna have a female protagonist, cool. You want to destroy the status quo of Star Wars, I wouldn’t recommend it but let’s see what you got. But the minute you coddle Rey and don’t let her work for a single triumph she experiences in these films is where everything fell apart. TLJ becomes more laughable as the months go on. Egregious doesn’t even begin to describe to what that film did to 40 years of history.
Don’t forget makes decades old heroes go out with not even a whimper.

Don’t forget makes decades old heroes go out with not even a whimper.

May as well have had a washed T-800 (Arnold) gun down the OG cast like he did John Connor. :smh: :smh: :smh:

First 3 episodes synopsis.

Episode 1 “Chapter 1”: A Mandalorian bounty hunter tracks a target for a well-paying client.
Episode 2 “Chapter 2”: Target in-hand, The Mandalorian must now contend with scavengers
Episode 3 “Chapter 3”: The battered Mandalorian returns to his client for reward.

One of the biggest mistakes TLJ made was the time constraints; TLJ takes place literally the next day, for the entire movie.

By doing that the director severely limits the universe:

Characters development
Storytelling

these two aspects clearly were affected in a negative way. Rey, Finn, Poe we as a audience didn’t see any progression. Purposely done or not it was a bad choice.

Also, since this is an interconnected universe shows like the Resistance suffer. The second season has been very boring because the missions don’t involve large scale epic storytelling; its just protagonist fixing issues throughout an episode.

A character can only do so much within a timeline that takes place in a day which makes the shows uninspired.

Based on the Mandarian description of the first three episodes it sounds like we will get more of the same; characters with much ado about nothing smh with trash storytelling.

I really hope I’m wrong.

Bit of a reach to be ****ting on the Mandalorian already :lol: Especially off of short ep descriptions.

Got more faith in Favreau than the ppl involved with the SW stories.

Favreau is like Disney's golden director at the moment.

Last edited:
One of the biggest mistakes TLJ made was the time constraints; TLJ takes place literally the next day, for the entire movie.

By doing that the director severely limits the universe:

Characters development
Storytelling

these two aspects clearly were affected in a negative way. Rey, Finn, Poe we as a audience didn’t see any progression. Purposely done or not it was a bad choice.

Also, since this is an interconnected universe shows like the Resistance suffer. The second season has been very boring because the missions don’t involve large scale epic storytelling; its just protagonist fixing issues throughout an episode.

A character can only do so much within a timeline that takes place in a day which makes the shows uninspired.

Based on the Mandarian description of the first three episodes it sounds like we will get more of the same; characters with much ado about nothing smh with trash storytelling.

I really hope I’m wrong.

Agreed with you, made the tonal shift, (lack of) storytelling and the whole movie a mess. I think Incredibles 2 had the same problem with it being released after 10+ years but taking place right after the first one from a film perspective.

Rey literally washes cats within about 24-48 hours upon 'discovering' her force powers. :lol: :lol::lol:

Apparently the upcoming film takes place after a year and they have some montage of Rey training with Leia but the damage has already been done. Rey has no real weakness. :smh::smh::smh:

Don’t know if true but if so, damn.
Enter at your own risk...spoilers
:rofl: :rofl:

So I knew this was fake when I read this rumor came from the guy that spread the rumor that Disney has lost faith in Brie Larson, the lead of one of the MCU's billion dollar franchises (one of 3 solo movie billion dollar franchises). As if that makes any common sense let alone business sense.

Cosmicbook news seems to be down to post any trash rumor for clicks :lol:

Now the rumor itself is a bit baffling. First off screen testings a month away from release date? 3 versions made to rectify the low scores of the first two versions? George Lucas brought in to do the third and thats the most successful one? A secret Skywalker?

Man some George Lucas fanboy is clearly behind this.

The best part about this rumor is Rian Johnson being fired and wont be doing his bull **** SW trilogy. Hope that's true.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom