Star Wars Universe Thread, Ep VIII The Last Jedi 12/15/2017

Discussion in 'General' started by CP1708, Oct 30, 2012.

1. CP1708

CP1708

Global leader in high-quality family entertainment agrees to acquire world-renowned Lucasfilm Ltd, including legendary STAR WARS franchise.

Acquisition continues Disney's strategic focus on creating and monetizing the world's best branded content, innovative technology and global growth to drive long-term shareholder value.

Lucasfilm to join company's global portfolio of world class brands including Disney, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel and ABC.

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.

Burbank, CA and San Francisco, CA, October 30, 2012 – Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.

Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments.

"Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas," said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. "This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Lucasfilm, a leader in entertainment, innovation and technology, including its massively popular and "evergreen" Star Wars franchise and its operating businesses in live action film production, consumer products, animation, visual effects, and audio post production. Disney will also acquire the substantial portfolio of cutting-edge entertainment technologies that have kept audiences enthralled for many years. Lucasfilm, headquartered in San Francisco, operates under the names Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound, and the present intent is for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney's global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

The acquisition combines two highly compatible family entertainment brands, and strengthens the long-standing beneficial relationship between them that already includes successful integration of Star Wars content into Disney theme parks in Anaheim, Orlando, Paris and Tokyo.

Driven by a tremendously talented creative team, Lucasfilm's legendary Star Wars franchise has flourished for more than 35 years, and offers a virtually limitless universe of characters and stories to drive continued feature film releases and franchise growth over the long term. Star Wars resonates with consumers around the world and creates extensive opportunities for Disney to deliver the content across its diverse portfolio of businesses including movies, television, consumer products, games and theme parks. Star Wars feature films have earned a total of $4.4 billion in global box to date, and continued global demand has made Star Wars one of the world's top product brands, and Lucasfilm a leading product licensor in the United States in 2011. The franchise provides a sustainable source of high quality, branded content with global appeal and is well suited for new business models including digital platforms, putting the acquisition in strong alignment with Disney's strategic priorities for continued long-term growth.

The Lucasfilm acquisition follows Disney's very successful acquisitions of Pixar and Marvel, which demonstrated the company's unique ability to fully develop and expand the financial potential of high quality creative content with compelling characters and storytelling through the application of innovative technology and multiplatform distribution on a truly global basis to create maximum value. Adding Lucasfilm to Disney's portfolio of world class brands significantly enhances the company's ability to serve consumers with a broad variety of the world's highest-quality content and to create additional long-term value for our shareholders.

The Boards of Directors of Disney and Lucasfilm have approved the transaction, which is subject to clearance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, certain non-United States merger control regulations, and other customary closing conditions. The agreement has been approved by the sole shareholder of Lucasfilm.

thats crazy. disney now owns marvel, lucasfilms and espn. Almsot everything I love

edit: I guess its a good thing, because Lucas wasnt going to make any more Star Wars movies. Im keeping my fingers crossed that somewhere along the line an Old Republic movie will be made

I’m doing this off the top of my head, so bare with me.

The opening 5 minutes of the movie, I was already furious. The Viceroy’s, look, and dialogue. Atrocious. Horrible accents, horrible lines, horrible costume look. They looked like evil muppets, but worse.
    Obi Wan’s dialogue.
    The “Humor” and I use that term VERY loosely. They tried to be funny, to kids. They used the same someone just stepped in **** joke like 3 times, NONE of that belongs in a Star Wars movie.
    Watto, same as the Viceroys. Horrible dialogue, horrible speech delivery.
    The king Gungan in the underwater city. Yet another horrible speech and delivery. If you look at Jabba as an ugly, fat, terrible looking puppet, at the very least they changed his language so that he was unique. These guys, they just gave terrible accents and called that good. **** that.
    The podraces. So freaking pointless.
    Midi Clorians. Really?
    The blockade. A bunch of ships in a circle. Hell, you are the galactic alliance, you could send 50 ships and surround those bumbling idiots, but no, send two Jedi instead.
    Qwi Gon. Useless, ineffective, and pointless. The OG trilogy gave us the map, Obi Wan says flat out that he tried to teach Anakin, and that Yoda was the one that instructed him. Well then what the **** do we have this useless Liam Neeson for? :smh:
    The title, Phantom Menace, which speaks on none other than Darth Maul………who trains for years to become a Sith, and has all the anger and hatred within him……….kills a single Jedi, then dies. Kiss my ****ing *** George. A Sith, trained all those years, and kills one guy. :stoneface: Are we serious? And ironically, the Jedi “leadership” that is Yoda and Mace are confused, was he the Master, or the Apprentice? HE KILLED ONE DUDE GUYS, HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT WITH ALL YOUR JEDI “WISDOM”?????? :lol:
    Anakin, an 8 year old boy. The leader of the planet Naboo, is a 14 year old girl. Really? A planet full of people, is ran by a 14 year old girl, and I’m supposed to be ok with this? Princess Leia was 18, and a bad *** and she didn’t run no damn planet. Give me a freakin break.
    Anakin, saves the day, randomly flying one **** to destroy an entire blockade. But the freaking Galactic Alliance couldn’t have done that.
    Jar Jar :stoneface:

Jar Jar, son.

The big, stupid, fish. Absolutely terrible.
    Green Screens, on green screens.
    “Humorous” droids. Roger Roger. :smh:
    One little ship gets away, oh but a part is failing, have to land on Tatooine, and we’ll try to find the one part in the galaxy to fix it, at a junkyard. Instead of just calling for another ship to come pick them up, being a Queen and all. With an entire Jedi Order of people you can trust, or other Senators, a billion other planets, etc etc etc. Come on. :smh:
    Anakin has no father now. Born of the Force, oh God.
    Jedi are a bunch of sensitive do gooders. But Qwi Gon has a temper and doesn’t follow orders, Obi Wan doesn’t follow orders, Anakin doesn’t follow orders. None of the Jedi follow orders, in the Jedi Order. Ok. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here’s what they got right.
    Darth Maul’s look, and “menace”. Perfect. Dude was insane with it. Every time he was on screen (all 18 minutes) I had goosebumps.
    Maul’s lightsaber. One of the greatest enhancements from the OG. A duel lightsaber. Brilliant
    The force fields randomly coming down during the fight. Maul, pacing back and forth, full of anger, hitting the field with his lightsaber, angry, like a caged animal, a true Sith. While Qwi Gon sleeps on his knees, a sensitive Jedi, feeling his force. :lol: (absolute great way to show the difference between the two sides, Jedi v Sith. Easily one of the only things George got right, and I guarantee it was by accident. )
    The underwater city was beautiful, and a great idea. They just ruined it with Gungans.
    The droid army, forcefield, etc. Loved the look of it. Needed better than Gungans fighting them tho.
    Palpatine running the Sepratists, and the Alliance at the same time. Terrific setting there.

The movie was terrible, and yet was loaded with so much potential. It could have been a great start, much like A New Hope, to get the trilogy off on the right foot. Instead they had a child defeating a blockade, a 14 year old girl running a planet, a Jedi out of nowhere they killed for no reason, a Sith out of nowhere they killed for no reason, Yoda still talking backwards, and Samuel L Jackson. :smh:

I’m sure there’s more that I’m forgetting, but that’s because I’m trying to forget that movie, and just live with the “real” movie in my mind. The one that should have been made. :lol:

[/quote]
    One of the greatest convo's in the EU, ever.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  2. CP1708

CP1708

Updated from within the thread

List of EU Novels written before Disney sale.

Old Republic Era

5000-33 BBY
    Lost Tribe of the Sith*
    Precipice
    Skyborn
    Paragon
    Savior
    Purgatory
    Sentinel
    Pantheon
    Secrets

3986-3964 BBY
    Untitled Nomi Sunrider novel by Alex Irvine

3656 BBY
    The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance by Sean Williams

1003-1000 BBY
    Darth Bane: Path of Destruction by Drew Karpyshyn

1000-999 BBY
    Darth Bane: Rule of Two by Drew Karpyshyn
    Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil by Drew Karpyshyn

Rise of the Empire era
    67-65 BBY
    Darth Plagieus by James Luceno

33 BBY
    Darth Maul: Saboteur by James Leceno (an e-book novella later published in the paperback edition of Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

32.5 BBY
    Cloak of Deception by James Luceno
    Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter by Michael Reaves

32 BBY
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks

29 BBY
    Rogue Planet by Greg Bear

27 BBY
    Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn

22.5 BBY
    The Approaching Storm by Alan Dean Foster

The Clone Wars Era

22 BBY
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones by R.A. Salvatore

21.5 BBY
    Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover

21 BBY
    The Cestus Deception by Steven Barnes

19.5 BBY
    Jedi Trial by David Sherman and Dan Cragg

19 BBY
    Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover

Imperial Era

18-11 BBY
    Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno

Rebellion Era

0 BBY
    Death Star by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry
    Death Troopers by Joe Schreiber
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope by George Lucas and Alan Dean Foster

0-3 ABY
    Allegiance by Timothy Zahn
    Choices of One by Timothy Zahn
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster

3 ABY
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back by Donald F. Glut

3.5 ABY
    Shadows of the Empire by Steve Perry

4 ABY
    Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi by James Kahn
    The Truce at Bakura by Kathy Tyers

New Republic Era

5.5 ABY
    Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor by Matthew Stover
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron by
    X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble by
    X-Wing: The Krytos Trap by
    X-Wing: The Bacta War by
    X-Wing: Wraith Squadron by
    X-Wing: Iron Fist by
    X-Wing: Solo Command by

8 ABY
    The Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave Wolverton
    A Forest Apart by Troy Denning (an e-book novella later publiched in the paperback edition of Tatooine Ghost)
    Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning

9 ABY
    Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn
    Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn
    The Last Command by Timothy Zahn

11 ABY
    X-Wing: Isard's Revenge by
    Jedi Search by Kevin J. Anderson
    Dark Apprentice by Kevin J. Anderson
    Champions of the Force by Kevin J. Anderson
    I, Jedi by Michael Stackpole

12-13 ABY
    Children of the Jedi by Barbara Hambly
    Darksaber by Kevin J. Anderson
    Planet of Twilight by Barbara Hambly
    X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar by

14 ABY
    The Crystal Star by Vonda N. McIntyre

16-17 ABY
    Before the Storm by Michael P. Kube-McDowell
    Shield of Lies by Michael P. Kube-McDowell
    Tyrant's Test by Michael P. Kube-McDowell

17 ABY
    The New Rebellion by Kristine Kathryn Rusch

18 ABY
    Ambush at Corellia by Roger MacBride Allen
    Assault at Selonia by Roger MacBride Allen
    Showdown at Centerpoint by Roger MacBride Allen

19 ABY
    Specter of the Past by Timothy Zahn
    Vision of the Future by Timothy Zahn

22 ABY
    Fool's Bargain by Timothy Zahn (an e-book novella later published in the paperback edition of Survivor's Quest)
    Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn

New Jedi Order Era

25-30 ABY
    Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore
    Dark Tide I: Onslaught by Michael Stackpole
    Dark Tide II: Ruin by Michael Stackpole
    Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial by James Luceno
    Agents of Chaos II: Jedi EclIpse by James Luceno
    Balance Point by Kathy Tyers
    Recovery by Troy Denning (an e-book novella)
    Edge of Victory I: Conquest by Gregory Keyes
    Edge of Victory II: Rebirth by Gregory Keyes
    Star by Star by Troy Denning
    Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham
    Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream by Aaron Allston
    Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston
    Traitor by Matthew Stover
    Destiny's Way by Walter Jon Williams
    Ylesia by Walter Jon Williams (an e-book novella later published in the paperback edition of The Joiner King)
    Force Heretic I: Remnant by Sean Williams and Shane Dix
    Force Heretic II: Refugee by Sean Williams and Shane Dix
    Force Heretic III: Reunion by Sean Williams and Shane Dix
    The Final Prophecy by Gregory Keyes
    The Unifying Force by James Luceno

35-36 ABY
    The Joiner King by Troy Denning
    The Unseen Queen by Troy Denning
    The Swarm War by Troy Denning

Legacy Era

40 ABY
    Betrayal by Aaron Allston
    Bloodlines by Karen Traviss
    Tempest by Troy Denning
    Exile by Aaron Allston
    Sacrifice by Karen Traviss
    Inferno by Troy Denning
    Fury by Aaron Allston
    Revelation by Karen Traviss
    Invincible by Troy Denning

41 ABY
    Crosscurrent by Paul S. Kemp

43 ABY
    Millennium Falcon by James Luceno
    Outcast by Aaron Allston
    Omen by Christie Golden
    Abyss by Troy Denning
    Backlash by Aaron Allston
    Allies by Christie Golden
    Vortex by Troy Denning
    Conviction by Aaron Allston
    Ascension by Christie Golden
    Apocalypse by Troy Denning

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  3. qtnettles

qtnettles

i don't want anymore star wars let the franchise stay a classic. A reboot will soil the legacy

4. Sinner

Sinner

Oh man... I just don't know.  I'm all for more Star Wars but I won't be able to deal with another "Prequel-quality" of films.  [​IMG]

Don't &$#@ it up.

5. blakep267

blakep267

I dont think they would reboot it. but there are tons of novels that take place after the original trilogy, plus they can always go back before

and also disney isnt afraid to hire real directors to do stuff, unlike Lucas.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  6. luong1209

luong1209

OG star wars is good with or without a reboot.

However, kudos to Disney!

7. jqqqqq

jqqqqq

Crazy move by Disney!

Makes sense for Lucas...they could only milk the original 6 movies for so long.

8. jaypesoz

jaypesoz

Wow, this is crazy. As a Star Wars fanatic myself, I'm actually extremely excited just at the tonight of more live action Star Wars movies on the way. Now can Disney please let Joe Johnson film his Boba Fett movie???

9. hybridsoldier23

hybridsoldier23

Obi wan in Kingdom Hearts 3 :rofl:

They should have left the original series alone. No need for episode 7

EDIT: Lucas is DONE with this franchise. After further review it's time to rejoice!

I also realized that Disney now owns Indiana Jones as well

10. king of chicago

king of chicago

Oh my, this is

11. blakep267

blakep267

Now the article did say Episode 7, but Im not sure if they mean a 7th movie or a prequel etc. The movie could take place thousands of years after Jedi. who knows

12. CP1708

CP1708

There is like 75 full novels they can go off of. I could write 20 films off the top of my stupid head there is so much material to choose from. There are comics they can go off of, there are the clone wars cartoons you could base off of.

They could jump ahead years after Jedi, they could jump back hundreds of years and start pre Vader era. They can do ANYTHING. Long as it has Sith, Jedi, lightsabers, and **** like that, they can just have my money.

I NEVER thought Lucas would sell. This is unbelievable. I'm so freaking geeked right now.

Thrawn, Mara Jade, Yuuzhan Vong, planet of the Sith, Talon Karde, Palleon, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin (not that one) the characters are ENDLESS.

This is an amazing day.

SoleByThePound and buggz05 like this.
  13. nazdrowie

nazdrowie

indiana jones titles as well. 

14. blakep267

blakep267

Now I just need Disney to somehow find a way to buy back the movie rights to Spiderman and the Xmen, then life will be complete.

ehh, maybe they should leave that 1 alone. lol

he's still there as a consultant, but I dont want him near the directors chair or writing table.

15. mrkittles20

mrkittles20

I just read the "episode 7" book last week. It definitely needs to be the movie.

16. 100proof

100proof

Thank God!

New star wars movies w/o Lucas there to F it up. And now maybe that TV series will get made.

2015 - Justice league, Avengers 2, and Star Wars 7, year of the geek :pimp:

17. airthompson

airthompson Moderator Staff Member

I'm somewhat interested, but in the same token don't touch Star Wars anymore.

I say make a whole new saga with a new name, and dub it Episode 1.

18. big j 33

big j 33

After the new trilogy and what Lucas did to the old stuff.. there's no risk of "ruining" anything. There's more than enough material out there and I'm sure plenty who are excited to give their take on the saga, I'm excited for what they come up with.

19. Sinner

Sinner

Full statement.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

October 30, 2012

DISNEY TO ACQUIRE LUCASFILM LTD.

An investor conference call will take place at approximately 4:30 p.m. EDT / 1:30 p.m. PDT today, October 30, 2012. Details for the call are listed in the release.

[​IMG]

Global leader in high-quality family entertainment agrees to acquire world-renowned Lucasfilm Ltd, including legendary STAR WARS franchise.

Acquisition continues Disney's strategic focus on creating and monetizing the world's best branded content, innovative technology and global growth to drive long-term shareholder value.

Lucasfilm to join company's global portfolio of world class brands including Disney, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel and ABC.

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.

Burbank, CA and San Francisco, CA, October 30, 2012  – Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.

Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments.

"Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas," said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. "This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars  passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars  on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars  could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars  will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Lucasfilm, a leader in entertainment, innovation and technology, including its massively popular and "evergreen" Star Warsfranchise and its operating businesses in live action film production, consumer products, animation, visual effects, and audio post production. Disney will also acquire the substantial portfolio of cutting-edge entertainment technologies that have kept audiences enthralled for many years. Lucasfilm, headquartered in San Francisco, operates under the names Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound, and the present intent is for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney's global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars  Episode 7  is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars  saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

The acquisition combines two highly compatible family entertainment brands, and strengthens the long-standing beneficial relationship between them that already includes successful integration of Star Wars  content into Disney theme parks in Anaheim, Orlando, Paris and Tokyo.

Driven by a tremendously talented creative team, Lucasfilm's legendary Star Warsfranchise has flourished for more than 35 years, and offers a virtually limitless universe of characters and stories to drive continued feature film releases and franchise growth over the long term. Star Wars  resonates with consumers around the world and creates extensive opportunities for Disney to deliver the content across its diverse portfolio of businesses including movies, television, consumer products, games and theme parks.Star Wars  feature films have earned a total of $4.4 billion in global box to date, and continued global demand has made Star Wars  one of the world's top product brands, and Lucasfilm a leading product licensor in the United States in 2011. The franchise provides a sustainable source of high quality, branded content with global appeal and is well suited for new business models including digital platforms, putting the acquisition in strong alignment with Disney's strategic priorities for continued long-term growth.

The Lucasfilm acquisition follows Disney's very successful acquisitions of Pixar and Marvel, which demonstrated the company's unique ability to fully develop and expand the financial potential of high quality creative content with compelling characters and storytelling through the application of innovative technology and multiplatform distribution on a truly global basis to create maximum value. Adding Lucasfilm to Disney's portfolio of world class brands significantly enhances the company's ability to serve consumers with a broad variety of the world's highest-quality content and to create additional long-term value for our shareholders.

The Boards of Directors of Disney and Lucasfilm have approved the transaction, which is subject to clearance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, certain non-United States merger control regulations, and other customary closing conditions. The agreement has been approved by the sole shareholder of Lucasfilm.

Note: Additional information and comments from Robert A. Iger, chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company, and Jay Rasulo, senior executive vice president and CFO, The Walt Disney Company, regarding Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, are attached.

Investor Conference Call:

An investor conference call will take place at approximately 4:30 p.m. EDT / 1:30 p.m. PDT today, October 30, 2012. To listen to the Webcast, turn your browser to /investors/eventsor dial in domestically at (888) 771-4371 or internationally at (847) 585-4405. For both dial-in numbers, the participant pass code is 33674546.

The discussion will be available via replay on the Disney Investor Relations website through November 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM EST/2:00 PM PST.

About The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, interactive media, and consumer products. Disney is a Dow 30 company with revenues of over $40 billion in its Fiscal Year 2011.

About Lucasfilm Ltd.

Founded by George Lucas in 1971, Lucasfilm is a privately held, fully-integrated entertainment company. In addition to its motion-picture and television production operations, the company's global activities include Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound, serving the digital needs of the entertainment industry for visual-effects and audio post-production; LucasArts, a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software worldwide; Lucas Licensing, which manages the global merchandising activities for Lucasfilm's entertainment properties; Lucasfilm Animation; and Lucas Online creates Internet-based content for Lucasfilm's entertainment properties and businesses. Additionally, Lucasfilm Singapore, produces digital animated content for film and television, as well as visual effects for feature films and multi-platform games. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in San Francisco, California.

20. huynher

huynher

Disney taking over da h0e gawt damn world.