Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obi Wan might be the greatest Jedi of all time. Think about EVERYTHING he's done and
everyone he's fought. DUDE IS A MACHINE. Plus he technically defeated the most powerful
Jedi in his time as well.
Just rewatched Ani-Obi fight... jeez... best fight all time. Obi Wan killed it.
The only opponent Obi-Wan couldn't figure out was Dooku. Dude was Obi-Wan's kryptonite- bad matchup in fighting forms. Good thing Yoda/Anakin saved his *** each time, lol. But it's good they showed he had a weakness- characters are less relatable if they are too perfect.

It's actually funny- IIRC Dooku and Sidious are discussing Anakin and Obi-Wan in one of the books, and they feel Obi-Wan is basically lucky, and shouldn't have survived some of the duels he had won :lol: Dooku actually feels Obi-Wan is more suitable to groom for their master plan, as he would be more easy to control, power-wise, than Anakin, not to mention their shared connection through Qui-Gon. Of course Dooku doesn't realize he's being played and Sidious wants Anakin to REPLACE Dooku, not become part of the team. He only realizes he's been betrayed when Anakin disarms him, and his head is between the blades, he looks over at Palpatine and it all becomes clear. But as a Count, a member of nobility, he refuses to beg for his life and goes out with a stiff upper lip. Interesting character.

NICE snippet!
the prequels definitely had GREAT things that they built on. Telling Obi Wan's story is definitely one of them.
Seeing him in ANH... you look at him very differently knowing what we know.

Honestly, the treatment of Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Darth Maul were the only thing the prequels got right.

George can keep the racist stereotypes and intricacies of intergalactic trade.

Bonus hot take: Plus the depictions of romance and its associated dialogue in the first 6 movies makes it very clear to me that George Lucas was not smashing.

Honestly, the treatment of Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Darth Maul were the only thing the prequels got right.

George can keep the racist stereotypes and intricacies of intergalactic trade.

Bonus hot take: Plus the depictions of romance and its associated dialogue in the first 6 movies makes it very clear to me that George Lucas was not smashing.
And possibly wanted to smash one of his sisters.

I kinda don't like that part but it's cool that they showed so much about his background.
adding meat to the universe we know.

Went back a couple of pages & didn't see this posted. Joseph Gordon-Levitt essay in defense of The Last Jedi. Funny thing about JGL wearing that cap, I wore my Dodger fitted cap the first night I saw TLJ in homage to the Alderaan lyric in the Chili Pepper's song Californication.

Last edited:
God I loved that scene...Obi-Wan changing his stance to the one Qui-Gon used trip up Maul was fantastic...Maul being so full of rage couldn’t see it and stupidly used the same attack he used on Qui-Gon...

What part were you referring to on this? I just rewatched it and am trying to see where you're talking about. Love that duel.

Went back a couple of pages & didn't see this posted. Joseph Gordon-Levitt essay in defense of The Last Jedi. Funny thing about JGL wearing that cap, I wore my Dodger fitted cap the first night I saw TLJ in homage to the Alderaan lyric in the Chili Pepper's song Californication.

Yeah that was a really good read honestly. I get both viewpoints - how age changed Luke but also how some are disappointed. I do fall into the disappointed part myself.

That said, I felt if Rian told more of why Luke is the way he is then it would've been more believable for me. In essence, we got just a few minutes of his back story with Kylo's attraction to the dark side. Somehow then you're supposed to put together that he has no faith right after the school is burned down. The disconnect for me is did he immediately just go to the island in despair after that incident? That seems unlikely for someone who had the guts to start up a jedi school to immediately abandon it at the first sign of trouble - Kylo and his bandits. Why then make a map and put it on R2 for someone to find him?

Last edited:
What part were you referring to on this? I just rewatched it and am trying to see where you're talking about. Love that duel.

At the 1:55 mark

giphy.gif

Shared this on my IG last night but wanted to share it with you, bro’s.

Anovos is killing me with their wait times on their OT Trooper helmets. Such a glaring hole no having Snowtrooper and Scout Helmets in here.

Looking forward to adding some of the new ones I’ve seen from Solo too. A few of them look very promising.

20125CAB-E08A-4D22-8BF1-ABAB87B7AF8A.jpeg

Anovos is killing me with their wait times on their OT Trooper helmets. Such a glaring hole no having Snowtrooper and Scout Helmets in here.

Looking forward to adding some of the new ones I’ve seen from Solo too. A few of them look very promising.

Dude, this looks INCREDIBLE! I have nothing else to say other than I hope one day I can have something like this.

Fantastic!!!! Wow. What brand are the helmets?

If people have to publish essays "in defense" of a movie, then the movie wasn't good.

"In defense of The Empire Strikes Back"

"In defense of Captain America: Civil War"

"In defense of The Matrix"

See where I'm going?

Now check this

"In defense of The Phantom Menace"

"In defense of Suicide Squad"

"In defense of X-Men 3"

Back
Top Bottom