Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I finally got around to watching Solo.

It wasn't terrible, but wasn't very good either. It was just there.

The film tries to cram way too much **** in with very little time to know anyone or anything.
Tobias Beckett's crew, Thandie Newton and the Rocket Raccoon-knockoff. I didn't care for them because they weren't around long enough for me to care about them at all. (On a related note: I'd love to see Thandie in the MCU, she wouldn't get wasted as was in Solo.)

As for the performances...

Woody Harrelson was good, as always.
Donald Glover does decent job of channeling Billy Dee Williams. He isn't really in the film that much.
Even Emilia Clarke in her role as Qi'ra was good.
Alden Ehrenreich, on the other hand, has no charisma at all.
No actor was ever going to live up to Harrison Ford's iconic character, but damn, he did nothing for me.

They left the door open for a possible sequel, but that probably isn't happening.

Solo had a few cool bits, but I definitely won't be watching this one again.

Reactions: ARK
SW slowdown output from Head Mouse.

Disney CEO confirms a 'slowdown' of Star Wars output https://dailym.ai/2Dh3Hyk

Mickey-Emperor.jpeg

Idiots still refuse to acknowledge the root cause of what they've done wrong in how they handled Star Wars. The world could have lived with the Force Awakens and Rogue One, but the last two atrocities are just shameful.

They pushing me to a I dont give a **** zone.

Can't okay several ppl getting their own trilogies and then be like we gonna do a slowdown.

Y'all just shook off the backlash to TLJ and the undesired return with Solo.

I bet if IX does well all of those movies will be in preproduction :lol:

I’m koo with a slow down on movies. Give me more animated series’ from Faloni and we straight.

Or give me a live action series from Faloni.

i dont understand why disney just didnt keep the expanded universe as canon and made movies off the time line that coincides with the ages of the original cast? its not like they didnt have offspring and didnt introduce new younger characters.

besides the marvel cinematic universe, if you look at all of the successful movie series in this day and age, harry potter, twilight, hunger games, FIFTY SHADES OF GRAY, they all are based off of books with a large fanbase

I love Matt Smith from Dr Who.

If he's going to choose a Disney franchise, I wish he had chosen Marvel.
You're speaking as if actors can not act in multiple film franchises.

Besides who do you want him to be in the MCU?

i dont understand why disney just didnt keep the expanded universe as canon and made movies off the time line that coincides with the ages of the original cast? its not like they didnt have offspring and didnt introduce new younger characters.

besides the marvel cinematic universe, if you look at all of the successful movie series in this day and age, harry potter, twilight, hunger games, FIFTY SHADES OF GRAY, they all are based off of books with a large fanbase
Someting to do specific ouooks on the franchise and different vision and some ego.

Even George turned his nose up to some of the book stuff.

And that sort of behavior is pretty common with creators.

Agreed. Unilaterally wiping out the entire Expanded Universe destroyed decades of characters and stories. All they had to do was pick and choose a streamlined uniform timeline for these New Episodes and still could have added new ideas. Like the MCU.
Now tabeling these standalong films is a terrible decision. Actually enjoy these movies more than the Episodes. Mouse needs to make better creative decisions.

great+disturbance.gif

All they have to do is get IX right and everyone will be begging for more again. They'll still have plenty of content in the meantime. I just hope they don't jump to every other year or something like that, they should stay at worst 1 per, but in time I hope they go 2 per.

I found it pretty telling that he mentioned the TV series JJ Abrams and the GOT producers trilogy but had nothing to say about good ol Ruin Johnson's trilogy they know what's going on they just aren't going to be blatant about it

Back
Top Bottom