Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y’all already know I’m at a zero interest in Episode IX but at full attention for this show. Looks like they wrapped up filming season 1 today too.

6F8F71CA-6448-438E-A085-D5A1F541D8A8.jpeg

Hm is that the first confirmation we got that the show would be seasonal instead of just one miniseries?

Hm is that the first confirmation we got that the show would be seasonal instead of just one miniseries?

I didn’t think there was ever any doubt, but yes it is. Unofficially, of course until the Mouse releases the official announcement of season 2.

Plus, they’re coming out with its own toyline this October to coincide with Episode IX toys so you know they’re going all in on this to succeed.

I didn’t think there was ever any doubt, but yes it is. Unofficially, of course until the Mouse releases the official announcement of season 2.

Plus, they’re coming out with its own toyline this October to coincide with Episode IX toys so you know they’re going all in on this to succeed.

For sure, but I didn’t want to assume because all these shows had pretty big name working on it. Wasn’t sure if they could be locked down for multiple seasons.

Yeah I’m pretty sure I recall a “what the” from the whole theater when I saw it.

REPORT: Disney Planning Several Star Wars Spinoff Series

"The spinoffs reportedly in development include series based on Qi'Ra and Lando from Solo: A Star Wars Story and Finn and Poe Dameron from the new trilogy."
so they are going with trash nobody asked for again?

what is wrong with these people?

please hand over the star wars property to kevin feige and marvel

watch that poe and finn movie be a love story

hopefully this means rey dies in episode 9 from a force overdose

Fudge it’s great we got Marvel to fathom over, man I was a huge Star Wars fan since I was 6. It’s sad that any news doesn’t excite me anymore :frown:. Let’s hope all the upcoming content can bring back that excitement.

We don’t need Feige, we need Feloni.

Yea anyone but looper dude or anyone involved with prequels

Tony Gilroy from all accounts behind the scenes, saved Rogue One. They had to do a **** load of reshoots to fix it. Disney panicked after they saw Gareth’s cut.

Even Gilroy said in his first interview about the movie that when he stepped in the movie was a mess and he didn’t mind cutting things out or reworking the movie because he doesn’t like Star Wars.

FTR

ROTS
ROTJ
ESP
ANH
RO
APM
AOTC
TLJ
TFA
SOLO

Oh and BTW if people are mad at what Rian did with Luke then focus your blame on the dude closing out the sequel trilogy. None of that would have happened if JJ hasn’t sent Luke off into exile in TFA.

Last edited:
Why

Nobody is asking for those stories.
I'll watch a Qi'ra series just for Emilia bae.

And as many have always said it should've been Lando: A Star Wars Story from the start.

Disney is not gonna stop milking this no matter how the milk comes out as long as it sells.

Plus they need more content for Disney+. I'm not sure any series or high caliber writing can save Finn and Poe. Those two are hollow carbon copies. Gonna have to look at them as blank slated and get creative for real success.

Then again Star Wars has done well for itself when it comes to non-movies and fixing characters and stories for the better.

We don’t need Feige, we need Feloni.
One has insane succes with movies and adaptions and the other has none with movies.

Last edited:
I'll watch a Qi'ra series just for Emilia bae.

And as many have always said it should've been Lando: A Star Wars Story from the start.

Disney is not gonna stop milking this no matter how the milk comes out of as long as it sells.

Plus they need more content for Disney+. I'm not sure any series or high caliber writing can save Finn and Poe. Those two are hollow carbon copies. Gonna have to look at them as blank slated and get creative for real success.

Then again Star Wars has done well for itself when it comes to non-movies and fixing characters and stories for the better.

One has insane succes with movies and adaptions and the other has none with movies.

One knows Star Wars more intimately than any other person not name George Lucas. Has worked directly with Lucas for years. And directed multiple Star Wars shows that contained some of the best Star Wars story telling in the whole saga live action or animated

One has done a great job adapting comic books to movies.

Star Wars isn’t Marvel. You can’t compare the two.

To play in the Star Wars sandbox you need to know Star Wars.

Kathleen Kennedy is one of the most accomplished producers in the history of filmmaking.

How’s that going?

One knows Star Wars more intimately than any other person not name George Lucas. Has worked directly with Lucas for years. And directed multiple Star Wars shows that contained some of the best Star Wars story telling in the whole saga live action or animated

One has done a great job adapting comic books to movies.

Star Wars isn’t Marvel. You can’t compare the two.

To play in the Star Wars sandbox you need to know Star Wars.

Kathleen Kennedy is one of the most accomplished producers in the history of filmmaking.

How’s that going?
Again, one has a track record of making great and profitable movies. The other has zero.

You don't put someone with no experience in making movies in charge of multiple franchises.

Also why are you assuming Kevin Feige doesn't know Star Wars in order to "play in the Star Wars sandbox"? Also how strong is the argument that you have to know Stars Wars second to George or even "intimately" when he made the prequels, got fed up with the fandom given their reactions to it, and sold Star Wars.

No **** Star Wars isn't Marvel; one has an 80 year history of countless stories while the other barely has half of that.

This isn't about Kennedy :lol: You can't be using her as an example for why Feige isn't an obvious desirable choice to right the ship at Lucasfilm.

And not to defend her but at the very least, no different than WB and Fox movie franchises and unlike them in results she has managed to make huge profits and break records with the Star Wars movies with subpar stories being told for the most part.

But again, when you see fans in general saying something like Feige should come in and take the reins it's cuz he is the public face of Marvel studios for one of the most successful studios across multiple movie franchises this century. It's not a surprise they're not calling for someone that isn't known at all for being successful at producing movies especially when you're mainly praising him for telling good stories.

Back
Top Bottom