Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somebody else mentioned this but yeah, this really does seem like something Star Trek should be tackling cuz it was really about diversity and putting prejudices on their head.

I wouldnt care just as long as who it is. Not sexist by any means but for the story and franchise, it really comes down to who. If its say a couple aliens or side characters, its one thing. If it would end up being Poe and Finn, thats a pretty serious game changer. I think i heard where bb8 was written to be a girl and is now a "him". That might be a story where all this talk came from as well.
I read in another comment section about saying they overheard two ppl arguing whether or not BB8 was male or female :lol: :smh:
I thought it was a time long ago and a galaxy far far away ...who said race or sexual orientation even existed there? I think Star Wars has brought more people together than our politicians. 
Why wouldn't it? At least for sexual orientation? Long time ago in another galaxy I'd just assume there was still female on female and male on male action.

Cuz clearly different races exist in the 6 movies and that's the literal definition of race not color of skin.
But again, this is not "our world"...it's a time long ago and a galaxy far far away.
Even better reason for what we call homosexual to be present in that setting.

It's not even just a long time ago in a galaxy far away. It's a multi-solar system civilization with countless societies.

Last edited:
Expansive, ridiculous universe and this bothers people? a quatrillion species and interactions, there's bound to be some. Sounds like dudes wanna escape to a world where homosexuals don't exist. With all the comic book and sci fi changes in modern times and the reactions, I think we're starting to learn that neckbeard uber geeks are actually bigots. My only minor gripe would be Star Wars ain't really sexed up to begin with, and i'm cool with that. Hope they don't go there when they introduce those characters. Plus Ziro been a battybwoy.
I forgot about Ziro 
laugh.gif
Dude was johnny storm flaming and NOW people wanna get mad about potential gay characters?

They already had one lisp and all 
roll.gif
Between him and Palpatine gays been had representation. A little more aint gonna ruin the series

There's already been gay characters in the new books & it's usually stuff in passing like this woman is a imperial but also has a wife I feel like people are expecting when they watch episode 8 there's a crazy lightsaber battle & then they'll just cut to a random gay sex scene besides what's JJ supposed to say?

“Ziro, Jabba’s uncle, originally spoke in Hutt-ese, like Jabba and then he had a different sluggish voice just like Jabba, and then George one day was watching it and said ‘I want him to sound like Truman Capote.’ He actually said that and we were like ‘Wow!’ ” Filion revealed. “It’s a hybrid of it but the inspiration is definitely there on Capote. It’s one of those things that takes him from being an interesting character and I think really does put him over the top and does something. He’s a favorite among the crew here.”

Dudes tripping for nothing. But true to form after backlash, they did a Jar Jar type backtrack and gave him a female alien love interest.

I'm sure if George was more of the type to ignore backlash or if it didn't exist he probably would've done more creative wild **** with story and characters.

My whole stance on this is that I don't care at all.

I'm worried about Kylo Ren having a ridiculously stupid reason for having become evil and who the **** Rey's parents are and whether Finn is actually damb Force-Sensitive

They wanna show a zabrak getting smashed from the back, answer those questions first

I just don't see where a gay romance is supposed to fit in the script. Each trilogy has had exactly one romance :lol: and I expect Ridley/Boyega to be the lucky ones this time around.
where was the romance in the prequels? 

anakin and sidious? 
Obi-Wan and Padme.
Quigon and Shmi :nerd:
Jar Jar and Sebulba
R2 and R4

RIP

As usual, I think people are overreacting.

First of all, they didn't say they're going to start telling a gay love story between the characters or anything like that. It was simply Abrams, who isn't writing or directing just producing, saying that it makes sense to have a gay character in that universe.

And it does make sense. It doesn't have to be a whole romantic subplot, it's not pandering to LGBT, it's just saying "Oh maybe one of the characters might be gay".. no big deal. 

Whoa! SW Stratego?! I used to LOVE that game when I was a kid. Didn't even know a SW version existed. I mean I should've known, there is literally SW everything :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom