STARBURY - BIG BEN - OCT 2007 RELEASE W/PICS

you gotta like this for 15 bucks. amazing shoe, looks like starbury has taken it to the next level.

check out my boy nate's blog:
hoopsisglobal.blogspot.comhoopsisglobal.blogspot.com
bb+wh.bk.vr.JPG
bk.vr+angle.JPG

Low-cost version of And1's Chosen 1.

Thanks for posting, though.

Bumpin' pioneers through Pioneers

Nice! man I need to go to one of these stores.
That's my word

-=Team RealTalk=-

There are no Ben & Jerry's or Mike and Ike's or whatever it's called around my way. I looked all over for the first Starbury's. :frown:
frown.gif
dfresh244-If the Lions make the playoffs I will shave my head and my eyebrows and post it on NT. And I'll get a lion tattooed on my arm.​

^^^yea its Steve & Barry's...i like these but the closest store that carries them is 3 hours away from me :frown:
frown.gif

I have the starbury II and I love it. Its much better than some of my 80$ nike's and it fits my wide and flat feet. I will certainly but this if i have the chance.

It looks like a cross between tmac and and1 hehe

reminds me of the answer 6 with and1 chosen 1 strap
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: |Andrea Bargnani|Chris Bosh|Jose Calderon|T.J. Ford|Jorge Garbajosa|Anthony Parker| ::.​

LOL Idk They Looks Like High Quality Shaqs
hr]
TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<​
Underground king effecting the masses

TEAM CLEVELAND​
The City's Missing piece

Simple clean cut design!Too bad Steve and Barry's don't offer this online...

im not gonna lie...those big bens are pretty ill....im definitely impressed with these looks
TEAM NJ NETS
Kidd. Carter. Jefferson. Krstic.​

What's the durability of the Starburys? I used to buy $100 bicycles at Kmart, but I had to buy one every year. Then I spent $300 on a nice bike and it lasted for about 5 years. Lesson learned: You may spend more up front, but you get more in the long run.

My concern is that these shoes are fragile at best.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​
Ballin Shoes Current: Wade 1.3
Ballin Shoes Previous: Uptempo Pro low

"What's the durability of the Starburys? I used to buy $100 bicycles at Kmart, but I had to buy one every year. Then I spent $300 on a nice bike and it lasted for about 5 years. Lesson learned: You may spend more up front, but you get more in the long run.

My concern is that these shoes are fragile at best."

It all depends on how hard you are on your kicks. My brother tore up a pair of Starbury 1s in about 3months. I have softened up myself and both my starbury 1s and 2s are still nice.

the 2nd batch of Starbury's are better than the first. I have the first generation Cyclone's (the New Balance lookalikes) and those were built on a slant. It makes your foot overpronate in the shoe and hang over the lateral side (like fat people's feet do) and look real stretched out and bad fast.

And personally, no way I would hoop in these. These don't even have an elementary cushioning element like EVA of foam. It's literally styrofoam like in a cup you'd drink from.

I love the white and black ones, too bad Ill never have a chance to hoop in them, I wont buy shoes without trying them on, and I dont even know where there is a steve and barrys near me

actually they do use EVA foam in the Starbury's

It's a full-length EVA midsole with a paper thin EVA sockliner with a foam insert in the heel.

They also use a shank plate, half inner bootie, outsole stability wraps, even the internal midsole has flex grooves cut into it.

But no way do I think just the EVA foam is enough, but you'd have a pretty decent shoe if you tossed an insole in the Starbury.

The Big Ben's are lookin' ok though, pretty nice logo, but I could do without the strap.

I'm not a fan of straps, but that red/black version is nice looking and appears to be a quality sneaker.

A few months ago I drove a little out of my way to a steve and barrys. I tried on the entire starbury line. basically all the casual sneaks are kind of garbage , then I got to the starbury 2 and it was like, Oh...thats more like it.

durability I can't speak for, but I have little doubt these shoes will perform at a sufficiently high level. It's not that hard to do and it doesnt require fancy tech. some eva, some traction(use herringbone and you pretty much have the pro models.).
"i will slap someone if i ever see anyone wear them and try to stunt wit them" -masterani3

Back
Top Bottom