State of Decay 2 | Larger World and 4 Player Co-op| RD: Spring 2018 PC & Xbox One

Sounds pretty intriguing. I'll download the demo later on. It sounds like a real time survival game of what if...?

they need to release a full fledged game already. Need that online mmo zombie experience. I'm sure they sorted out the kinks already to be confident enough in releasing a full xbox one game. :pimp:

Undead Labs CEO Jeff Strain walks us through the new features of the Xbox One edition of the fantastic zombie survival action-RPG.

The Xbox One version of the game bundles in the Breakdown and Lifeline expansions as well as every patch. It also features a handful of new vehicles, weapons, mission types, and various graphical touch-ups.

RD: April 28th

$29.99 -Xbox One
$19.99 -Xbox 360

Last edited:
Man...I was just thinking about starting this up again, but it looks like I'll just wait until April.

It's good to hear that they have a multi-game deal with MS. Hopefully some sort of PvP will be introduced in future iterations.

Undead Labs CEO Jeff Strain walks us through the new features of the Xbox One edition of the fantastic zombie survival action-RPG.

The Xbox One version of the game bundles in the Breakdown and Lifeline expansions as well as every patch. It also features a handful of new vehicles, weapons, mission types, and various graphical touch-ups.

RD: April 28th

$29.99 -Xbox One
$19.99 -Xbox 360

Its only coming out for xb1 right now with oc orobably later the pricing is 29.99 for xbox one. Or if you already own the 360 version is 33% off, so 19.99 for the xbox one version

Got this game for the one yesterday.

I love this game. Mechanics and combat are far from stellar, buy there really are no other zombie survival games like this that I know of. I've already put probably eight hours into it, very fun game.

"The millions of State of Decay players have been clear about what they want in State of Decay 2: A bigger, better State of Decay they can play with their friends," he said. "We intend to deliver on all of those."

"We want it to be fun to play with your friends, so the design mechanics encourage teamwork and cooperation," he told us. "That said, 'encouraging' is not the same as 'forcing.' You will be free to get in a car and go anywhere you like, just as you would if you were playing by yourself."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12...stantially-larger-than-first-game-a-ign-first

This game was great, just add co-op to the campaign and it's a day one cop. Couch co-op would be awesome too.

• The dev team is about 4x bigger than state of decay 1's
  • State of decay 2 is at least 2x bigger than state of decay 1.
  • All of the behaviors in the world are modeled for both the zombies and the NPCs that inhabit your community. There's 14 to 20 different interlocking systems that contribute to all this.
  • Over 5mil people have played state of decay. What they were asking for was, "We want it bigger, we want it more polished, and we want to play with our friends." That is literally 95% of all the feedback we got on the game. That was the design genesis for State of Decay 2
  • We'll talk about Project Scorpio support at E3
  • When we formed the studio we had State of Decay on mind. I would say that our gig is survival fantasy. That's what makes State of Decay unique. It's not zombies; it's survival fantasy. I think that future projects would probably play into that theme. But no, it's not necessarily always gonna be zombies.:nerd:

View media item 2364242
state of decay 1 map size

View media item 2431979
View media item 2431980
Undead Labs' community manager Josh Stein revealed how the studio is creating the State of Decay 2's inhabitants.
Using procedurally generated character models, State of Decay 2 will produce a huge array of unique-looking humans, enhancing the sense of individuality each model has.

In State of Decay 2, your community members aren't just throwaway units like in an RTS; they have personality traits and important skills. Losing them in the field can be devastating to the prosperity of your base, but the fact every character model will look unique, it should ramp up the emotional impact of a favorite character being killed off as well.

Using photogrammetry, Undead Labs reproduced the faces of hundreds of people for State of Decay 2. The results were then tweaked further to make them fit into the game and viola!

http://www.windowscentral.com/state-decay-2-shows-size-its-digital-cast

Back
Top Bottom