State of the JB game... What is the benefit of that to JB?

Okay... so it's been said many many times that starting next year or the year after (whatever) J's will be harder to get...

With that thought in mind I was wondering what does JB as a company have to gain from putting out smaller quantities? Seriously all that's going to happen is JB will sell there packs at $300 or whatever... let's say the release for example 3,000 pairs... that's $900,000 sounds good but JB only gets a fraction of that... because the retailers have their cut, the manufactures have their cut and so on... So really if all this just to keep the SERIOUS Sneaker Head engaged in the brand? The ones that really see a profit are the resellers like UptempoAir, InstyleShoes, PickYourShoes etc etc... you think they say hey JB I just made double or triple the profit you did so here have a little of this extra money I made? No. Are there going to be "sheep" that pay HUGE money for the product? Yes. Are you looking forward to being one in the "herd"?????

As a business why not just keep it going, why try to just please the select few that consider themselves the upper class of the Sneaker Culture? What is the benefit of that to JB?

And I understand they are going to be doing more Team Jordan type things but let's be real for a moment how many of you get excited for Team Jordan products? Because I never see an "Official Air Jordan Big Fund Release" thread in here. Anyway I just wanted to get that out there and see what you all thought... For me personally it's not a money issue, or a I can't get the connection issue... it's just a "State of the JB game" issue. Will this change anything? No. But should you stop and think for a moment as to what is going on, and perhaps stop following the herd? Maybe.

Flame if you have to, I'm sure a few of you can't live a day without flaming someone...
TEAM ESTRELLA
Moved out the Ghetto cuz I hate it.​
but I'll roll through your *&@!in hood and regulate it.​

well many people will tell you that they saw this coming and the jordan game has been declining in terms of overall quality and wacky colors but i think after 08, it will be pretty much over
aim:cm42006

all the newbies and hypebeast should go to sole heads

well from what I've read and heard, the direction JB will be going towards is to stop releasing retroes and more team jordans. Its not that JB will see a huge decrease in sales because a lot people purchase the team jordans. I remember seeing the b'loyal being one of the top selling basketball sneakers on some top sneaker list. I think the goal of stopping retroes is to make people miss them and want them again in the future or JB realized that the resale value of jordans have gone down and they want to preserve it, but then again i dont see how that makes sense either.
They call me hadoken because i'm down right, fierce

Quote:
i think after 08, it will be pretty much over
I never sleep...so I'm living my dreams...

WE HAVE NO LS IN NEBRASKA!!!

F/S/T DS OLNL 10.5, Retro Concords 10.5 , and Cardinal VII 11.5

The tit on the Golden Retro Cow is going to dry up eventually and then what does Nike and Jordan Brand have to stand on? In the long term the retro has killed what Nike and JB were known for, a yearly high performance basketball shoe with the best technology and looks out there. Their whole business is based on cardboard cutout retros now and it's going to hurt them over time.
NIKE
AIR

after 08 the retro craze will be over...but to those that have dedicated a huge part of their life to sneakers in general, will stay. i have a feeling that once 08 is over, then the market will skyrocket for other retros that people NEED in their collection.

Team Pacific Northwest​
Keep the Sonics in Seattle​
23Jump45Man's HEAT AUCTIONS HERE!
.....http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ23jump45manQQhtZ-1

You think its a game? You think its a @#%$ game? (argh-argh)
Starbury is headed to Italy in a few. Now we need a more youthier PG.​
Real Recognize Real xTEAM [Scrubs]

No matter what...
The Retro strategy is in place until 2010, and there are some releases on the horizon that alot of you frustrated JB consumers will be spending money on.

As far as the sig shoe, there's no way that JB will stop making a flagship high performance sneaker each year.
It's going to be interesting to see what surfaces.
FS: 1999 Jrordan BRED IV 10, Jordan Military IV DS 10.5

Quote:
I never see an "Official Air Jordan Big Fund Release" thread in here

I think thats the point. They are going to try to focus on producing nicer Team Jordans and not rely on retros. If there were no retros don't you think it would have been far more likely that people would get excited about the team shoes. Not to mention the fact that to the average consumer team Jordans are already hot sellers, a Jumpman on your shoe = cool, they dont need to know much more than that. But my point is their goal is to focus on new releases, new technology, new shoes, they have been relying on the past more than they would like, so their solution is have one year that celebrates the past then move forward.

Its a good move for JB to focus on Team Jordans.

New Direction. By re-releasing retros JB is living in the past. There are only so many OG's to retro until people are "done."

But,

On the flip side, JB is taking a major risk. If their Team shoes all flop they will be losing money. Then again they can always fall back on retros. Drop a few 11s and make a few million. IMO basically JB have is playing it pretty safe if all else fails re-releasing OG's will generate millions enough to cover any lost.

And, If you think reseller's are really banking then I'm Sorry you just don't know.

Heres a little break down for you.

JB produces a pair of sneaker for maybe what? $10-$15 a pop at the factories.

Sell them for half of MSRP to stores. Let's say $75

So that's a guarantee $60 off of every pair. Retailers are already lined up to buy in the bulks.

Now on to the resellers. I mean comon if you have no connections then maybe you are getting the shoes for $150 a pop and selling it for $200+ on ebay, NT, your own website, etc.

Granted that you do get them at wholesale of $60 and selling for $200+ a pop. Do you really thing you have guaranteed consumers?

Maybe what? 5-10 die hard jordan heads and the rest you will have to hustle to sell.

This is just a basic understanding. I didn't factor in any overhead such as wages, advertisement, and other variables.

i have a hard time believing JB won't make retroes anymore. i think it's just a marketing ploy to get us die hard heads to spend the $300 on the packs. it just wouldn't be a smart move for JB to stop everything they are doin. the air jordan legacy are the best sellers without a doubt.
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

Quote:
it's just a marketing ploy
:smh:
smh.gif
F/S: DS '99 IV's // DS NUBUCK XII // 2000 V's // + MORE
^ Kicks for sale.

-DIGITALXXII

jb is smart, back in the day we used to pass on the retros to get the o.g xi, xii ,xiii ect., nowadays people pass on the xxi,xxii to get the retros ,jordan brand notices the poor sales of the sig line, and in 2008 they hope that if we cant get are hands on the retros we would start buying the melos and chris pauls and also the xxiii, They hate the fact that retros sell more than the new shoes they bring out, even with poor quaility the retros will sell more than the new products, the xxii are still at my local store for 129 and still havent sold out, but they black cat 3's sold out in two weeks!

I wish the jordan retro ends after 08'
I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be
Kobe Bryant-KOBE

to end the retro in 08 would be horrible. dont you want your children to enjoy what you did?

nice post JStar25....imo i think JB is smart by doing that(releasing a limited quantities of retros after 0 8)
glasses.gif
Quote:
"go 'head switch the style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate
And watch the money pile up"
Quote:
after 08 the retro craze will be over...but to those that have dedicated a huge part of their life to sneakers in general, will stay. i have a feeling that once 08 is over, then the market will skyrocket for other retros that people NEED in their collection

^^^^yup...put me in that "those" category :frown:
frown.gif
Team Philippines
In Pacquiao We Trust​

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think after 08, it will be pretty much over
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I won't be copping anything after the XXIII thou.

Personally i think your right man JB is slacking on the shoes this year and there is no damn reason to make less when quality is the same i am tired of seeing people swearing there shoe game is better than yours with there teams on man they don't even know, the only thin jb can rely on now is the xx3 for next year and the packs

i will be saving this thread so i can post this after '08 is over and done and JB is still producing retros by the gazillions. and those who all say it's over after '08 will be proven wrong. can't you all understand? this is just plain business for JB. they don't care whether you're a true sneakerhead or just a hypebeast. most retros are selling like hotcakes, even FUGLY colorways sell out. why would JB, in their right mind, would suddenly stop? it doesn't make any sense.
HOY! Pinoy ako!

All I want for JB to do is retro these 21 pairs and I'm done for life!:

-all remaining OG X colorways
-White/Red, Black/Gold, White/Purple/Gold I's (in their OG Hi-top cut)
-all remaining OG VI colorways (Sport Blue's are a MUST)
-Bordeux VII's
-Powder & Charcoal IX's
-White/Black (coming) & Playoff XIII's
-And a RE-RELEASE of the Black & White Cement '99 retro IV's
DEADSTOCKED SIZE 13 HEAT FOR SALE (click me):
DS CITRUS VII'S, DS REDWOOD XIV'S, DS WHITE/ROYAL/STEALTH V'S​

...:::THE GAME IS A FOOT:::...​

I would like to see the Steals again with the ORIGINAL Toe! (never realized how much the toe meant to that shoe's design.)
Charcoals, Bordeux, Any OG Colorway VI...
As for the Cement IV's I hate to say it but without the Nike Swoop on the back they are going to look like fakes... The Swoop IMO is most desperately needed on BRED or Cement IV's.

Oh yeah one more release of the OG Colorway II's (I know most could care less but these mugs are DY-NA-MITE!)
TEAM ESTRELLA
Moved out the Ghetto cuz I hate it.​
but I'll roll through your *&@!in hood and regulate it.​

Quote:
And I understand they are going to be doing more Team Jordan type things but let's be real for a moment how many of you get excited for Team Jordan products?

NT and collectors represent a small fraction of the general public that purchase JB product to actually use the shoes for what they're designed for..playing ball.

face it, Melos and Team J's will always continue to sell well.

I can't help but laugh when threads like this pop up. It's as if the concept of someone buying sneakers for anything other than collecting is completely unheard of on NT.
MyBishukketsu

my Melos stay crisp while my retros​

Back
Top Bottom