Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

No one in this thread said if you resist you deserve whatever happens to you. We're saying if you resist don't be surprised if you get beat or shot.
I've seen firsthand what happens to people who resist. It's not pretty and they lump another charge on top of your original one and if you didn't have one you do now.
I've also seen what happens to people who comply. Things go a lot smoother for both parties. If you're innocent, resisting arrest will in no way help you.
You sound like a victim. You got the a mentality. Grown *** men letting 21yo boys force you to the ground, knees on your neck, face in the dirt. Cuffing you, humiliating you, tied like a pig up for slaughter.

Lol I really wonder how some of you guys act around cops doubt most of you guys would put up a fight if cops decided to detain you.

I say all cops need to wear gopro cameras. You can't give someone that much power and then leave them practically unsupervised.

Human nature will compel them to abuse that power. They'll think twice and hopefully act right if they know they're being recorded.

There's no need for "he say, she say" if there's a camera recording capturing everything from the beginning so we get the whole story.

No one in this thread said if you resist you deserve whatever happens to you. We're saying if you resist don't be surprised if you get beat or shot.
I've seen firsthand what happens to people who resist. It's not pretty and they lump another charge on top of your original one and if you didn't have one you do now.
I've also seen what happens to people who comply. Things go a lot smoother for both parties. If you're innocent, resisting arrest will in no way help you.
You sound like a victim. You got the a mentality. Grown *** men letting 21yo boys force you to the ground, knees on your neck, face in the dirt. Cuffing you, humiliating you, tied like a pig up for slaughter.
I've never been forced to the ground with a knee on my neck because I don't put myself in situations to be treated like that. 

This has never happened to me any time I've dealt with police. I have been cuffed and detained, but a respectful dialog was maintained between myself and the officers. In two of the cases I watched people become argumentative and hostile and end up face down on the ground.

Although many people are complaining about the the people saying that he should not have resisted none of them can give a positive response about resisting. 
THAT. 

have yet to see one person give an example of a positive that comes from resisting arrest. 

please....anyone.... name one. 

we'll wait. 

I wish anytime someone talked to me in a fashion i didnt like at work i was allowed to toss em face first on the ground and beat them with a baton

THAT.

have yet to see one person give an example of a positive that comes from resisting arrest.

please....anyone.... name one.

we'll wait.
Because they know there is no positive, but talking tough is cool so

when did anyone say there was a positive to resisting arrest tho?

all i've seen is guys saying it shouldn't happen in the first place

but you guys go ahead and finish arguing with yourselves

why are the cops in NY so ******?
PM me with that edited word 
laugh.gif
. I think I'll have an explanation.

Dudes in here got the same mentality as the slaves that would take lashings and not fight back. Watch family members lynched and sisters raped by slave masters because they have "authority" over you.
mean.gif
^ that is what I'm responding to... comments like that 

the ones getting all bent because some people feel you shouldn't resist arrest -- for the simple fact that NOTHING good ever comes from that 

a smart person accepts the arrest and then does their fighting through the legal system... that's the only way to combat it 

resisting and being aggressive does nothing but escalate **** .... and gives them justification in court --- so while you standing up for yourself, all you did was **** yourself 

is it ok for people to be harassed like this by police? of course not ...... but it's just another ****** up thing that happens in America ... use your damn brain to handle the situation and not raw emotion 

there are a lot of things that "shouldn't" happen... but they do... again, you have to fight these things intelligently 

Last edited:

I'm saying that resisting is the worse thing to do and by not doing so can prevent situations like this. But it seems that not resisting is frowned upon so there must be a different way to react which would only be to resist

I think the point of this being a situation that should not happen has been made..

I've taken that exact same bus before and never paid. After I saw this vid I never made that mistake again.

But if he didn't try to get up and start walking they never would've started roughing him up.

Mad because he had a hand on his jacket. It's so that you can't run you idiot. You getting up and trying to walk definitely didn't help.

Son was sitting down uncuffed and then started something and ended up forced to the ground, with a knee on his neck, face in the dirty snow, cuffed and humiliated.

the ones getting all bent because some people feel you shouldn't resist arrest -- for the simple fact that NOTHING good ever comes from that 

a smart person accepts the arrest and then does their fighting through the legal system... that's the only way to combat it 

resisting and being aggressive does nothing but escalate **** .... and gives them justification in court --- so while you standing up for yourself, all you did was **** yourself 

is it ok for people to be harassed like this by police? of course not ...... but it's just another ****** up thing that happens in America ... use your damn brain to handle the situation and not raw emotion 

there are a lot of things that "shouldn't" happen... but they do... again, you have to fight these things intelligently 

You think there's only 2 ways huh? resist or comply and deal with it later?
There's other ways, but thats not going to be discussed on a public forum

Nothing good comes from resisting arrest, you can't argue that.

At the same time, someone arresting arrest doesn't give an officer the green light to take it to another extreme. I'm trying to rationalize and look at it from a cops perspective but there's a better way to go about the situation.

Sad part as a whole is that there's a disconnect between law abiding citizens and law enforcement which is disheartening. I've lived back and forth between LA and NYC my entire life and both cities police departments have been in the news for all the wrong reasons on quite a few occasions over the years. I don't think cops should be looked up to as heroes or nothing but its sad that alot of people who follow the law and don't commit crimes have no trust in law enforcement and that's more reflective of the officers around them then the people themselves to me. It sucks a portion of the force gives the rest of the force a bad name, but when one abuses the power they have, its damming to all of them.

You think there's only 2 ways huh? resist or comply and deal with it later?
There's other ways, but thats not going to be discussed on a public forum
We're discussing right now aren't we? Go ahead and name your other ways.

At the same time, someone arresting arrest doesn't give an officer the green light to take it to another extreme. I'm trying to rationalize and look at it from a cops perspective but there's a better way to go about the situation.

Sad part as a whole is that there's a disconnect between law abiding citizens and law enforcement which is disheartening. I've lived back and forth between LA and NYC my entire life and both cities police departments have been in the news for all the wrong reasons on quite a few occasions over the years. I don't think cops should be looked up to as heroes or nothing but its sad that alot of people who follow the law and don't commit crimes have no trust in law enforcement and that's more reflective of the officers around them then the people themselves to me. It sucks a portion of the force gives the rest of the force a bad name, but when one abuses the power they have, its damming to all of them.
Its a lose lose for both sides. Some parts of Ny and CA needed tough law enforcement, especially Ny in the 80s. But with the tough law enforcement came crooked cops and cops who abuse their power.

all about power.... and the fact that people will abuse it 

give an irresponsible person power and they take advantage.

Back
Top Bottom