Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

I've taken that exact same bus before and never paid. After I saw this vid I never made that mistake again.
But if he didn't try to get up and start walking they never would've started roughing him up.
Mad because he had a hand on his jacket. It's so that you can't run you idiot. You getting up and trying to walk definitely didn't help.
Son was sitting down uncuffed and then started something and ended up forced to the ground, with a knee on his neck, face in the dirty snow, cuffed and humiliated.

he identified himself and presented his ticket he shouldn't have to sit there any longer he didn't do anything

this what i have a problem with why is it his responsibility to kiss ***? he did as they asked and still got harassed

its humiliating to have to sit there like that

Let's say he made a mistake and resisted arrest. Let's just put that out there...

Did that warrant the deranged individual sneaking up from behind him and applying an illegal chokehold which resulted in death?

Did that warrant his face being mushed into the concrete while he tried to get out "I can't breathe" with his final breath? Aren't these the people that are supposed to be protecting serving him?

Did that excuse the lack of attempted CPR as he laid lifeless on the pavement, still handcuffed?

Are we going to excuse the feverish racism that is embraced and encouraged by many police officers? Of which this deranged pig seems to have a record of.

What is y'all real point here?

Last edited:
Its a lose lose for both sides. Some parts of Ny and CA needed tough law enforcement, especially Ny in the 80s. But with the tough law enforcement came crooked cops and cops who abuse their power.

NY had crooked cops in the 50's and 60's tho too

it's always been this way

you make law enforcement about stats and numbers and it turns the people you're supposed to be helping into the opposing team

police should be worried about keeping people safe not meeting quotas

I see where it's needed. NYC as a whole is safer now then the late 80's early 90's, perhaps at a price though. Sometimes you do need to take a hardline stance but when innocent people become collateral damage its over the top to me.

Your not going to be able to please everyone but in an ideal world, officers would be held accountable more often when its obvious they were completely in the wrong and to me little things like that would restore more faith in law enforcement.

I read a book on the rampart division scandal and I read another book about how some nypd officers were connected with the mob back then, all I can say is that a corrupt officer is a dangerous person.

You think there's only 2 ways huh? resist or comply and deal with it later?
There's other ways, but thats not going to be discussed on a public forum
you must live in a very unique world....what's one of the many other options? just one

I've taken that exact same bus before and never paid. After I saw this vid I never made that mistake again.
But if he didn't try to get up and start walking they never would've started roughing him up.
Mad because he had a hand on his jacket. It's so that you can't run you idiot. You getting up and trying to walk definitely didn't help.
Son was sitting down uncuffed and then started something and ended up forced to the ground, with a knee on his neck, face in the dirty snow, cuffed and humiliated.
he identified himself and presented his ticket he shouldn't have to sit there any longer he didn't do anything

this what i have a problem with why is it his responsibility to kiss ***? he did as they asked and still got harassed

He didn't have to kiss *** but sitting there barking at them and getting up and trying to walk away didn't help him. We both saw that. We also don't know that he did nothing. We weren't there to see.

This is why I say cops need cameras on them at all times so we can get the whole story from the very beginning instead of some video from a random bystander that doesn't capture everything.

They should have told him why they were holding him though. Not physically holding his jacket, it's obvious why they were doing that, but why they were keeping him sitting there.

his responsibility is to sit there until everything gets sorted out... 

let the police check out his story, make sure **** is on the up and up, and then be on his way... 

i mean, people act like the entire government isn't one big circus.... we jump through hoops our entire lives, all races.... 
Let's say he made a mistake and resisted arrest. Let's just put that out there...

Did that warrant the deranged individual sneaking up from behind him and applying an illegal chokehold which resulted in death?

Did that warrant his face being mushed into the concrete while he tried to get out "I can't breathe" with his final breath? Aren't these the people that are supposed to be protecting serving him?

Did that excuse the lack of attempted CPR as he laid lifeless on the pavement, still handcuffed?

Are we going to excuse the feverish racism that is embraced and encouraged by many police officers? Of which this deranged pig seems to have a record of.

dog, just stop.... 

all we said was don't resist because there's no good to come from it .... 

NO ONE SAID THE VIOLENCE WAS WARRANTED.... NO ONE 

cut that **** out b lol.... 

and lol x 2 at whoever repped that nonsense 

Im saying. People really dont get it.
SMH at people thinking its ok for police to roll up on you and cuffing you without any type of explanation AND you aint do **** but walking down the street minding your own business.

i suppose the few times that I've said we adknowledge what happened was wrong but when you resist police are trained in ways to get you to comply. were these methods they used proper? no, since the chokehold was deemed improper. but when a police officer requests you to get down and you say no, they are not going to say okay and walk away, they will physically make you get down.

the lack of CPR was unfortunate and it should have been provided

our point is that resisting arrest is the worst thing you can do in this situation

So what the f_ are y'all posting about he shouldn't have resisted arrest for the last half dozen pages, if the man was just murdered by a deranged racist?

Y'all need to cut that s_ out and stop looking for excuses into a corrupt, hypocritical, oppressive and murderous system.

The main point here is not him resisting arrest...if you want to call it that....

The point is that abuse of power by police forces around the US is a serious problem that needs to be addressed ASAP...before any more innocent people get killed.

Talking about he shouldn't have resisted arrest is just excusing the violation of of rights and keeps this BS going.

Y'all too stupid or callous to see that?

Last edited:
Im saying. People really dont get it.
SMH at people thinking its ok for police to roll up on you and cuffing you without any type of explanation AND you aint do **** but walking down the street minding your own business.
no one said it was ok.... not a soul 

stop making **** up b 

i suppose the few times that I've said we adknowledge what happened was wrong but when you resist police are trained in ways to get you to comply. were these methods they used proper? no, since the chokehold was deemed improper. but when a police officer requests you to get down and you say no, they are not going to say okay and walk away, they will physically make you get down.

the lack of CPR was unfortunate and it should have been provided

our point is that resisting arrest is the worst thing you can do in this situation

No one asked him to get down and he did not say no.

STOP MAKING UP EVENTS.

If you listen closely you can even hear the other officers saying "ok he's down", "that's enough" and "watch you foot" as the psycho knees him in the face and mashes his head into the cement.

How can y'all watch this situation and your biggest take away is that he shouldn't have resisted arrest?

Crazy.

Last edited:
So what the f_ are y'all posting about he shouldn't have resisted arrest for the last half dozen pages, if the man was just murdered by a deranged racist?

Y'all need to cut that s_ out and stop looking for excuses into a corrupt, hypocritical, oppressive and murderous system.

The main point here is not him resisting arrest...if you want to call it that....

The point is that abuse of power by police forces around the US is a serious problem that needs to be addressed ASAP...before any more innocent people get killed.

Talking about he shouldn't have resisted arrest is just excusing the violation of of rights and keeps this BS going.

Y'all to stupid or callous to see that?
apparently you don't understand that we agree on the same points. we are simply saying that in these situations NO ONE should resist because this happens.

in review

We agree, abuse of power by police is a problem

a way to reduce the likelihood of voilence includes but not limited to not resisting

The main point here is not him resisting arrest...if you want to call it that.

The point is that abuse of power by police forces around the US is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Y'all to stupid of callous to see that?
what the cops did was WRONG --- the entire thread agrees with that 

unfortunately, resisting arrest makes things worse

police brutality is a problem... we know what the problem is 

STOP STATING THE ******* OBVIOUS 

jesus christ lol.... 

apparently you don't understand that we agree on the same points. we are simply saying that in these situations NO ONE should resist because this happens.

in review

a way to reduce the likelihood of voilence includes but not limited to not resisting
i'm done responding to him.... 

he if can't realize that he's arguing about things we agree on then there's just no hope for dude 

Y'all to stupid or callous to see that?

in review

Word?

That man got sodomized with a plunger by the same police force after submitting to the arresting devils.

View media item 1090020
This man was executed at point blank range while in handcuffs.

What are you really saying man?

Again the overarching and connecting thread here is racism, corruption and misuse of force.

Last edited:
He said reduce the likelihood not eliminate it. Simple reading comprehension.

Yeah.

Like the 16 year old that got his head bashed after submitting to arrest?

View media item 1090040
He was big and imposing too right?

Don't talk about simple comprehension, b. I's clear to see y'all have no comprehension as it relates to this matter at all.

These are just the incidences that are recorded and brought to light. These abuses happen everyday, in every neighborhood, in every city, across this nation.

And y'all still find a way to excuse it.

So it continues.

Last edited:
No one asked him to get down and he did not say no.

STOP MAKING UP EVENTS.

If you listen closely you can even hear the other officers saying "ok he's down", "that's enough" and "watch you foot" as the psycho knees him in the face and mashes his head into the cement.

How can y'all watch this situation and your biggest take away is that he shouldn't have resisted arrest?

Crazy.
when did i make up events kiddo? y'all so busy trying to make a point that you are overlooking the fact that the point you are making is agreed upon.

we are watching this situation and we are getting more than the "cops are out of control" take away. there's more than one lesson learned today

Was this man resisting or defending himself? Trying to block the barage of punches and knees thrown by the swine?
They tried to trip him but its natural human reaction to try and regain balance. They try to place his hands behind his back but its natural human reaction
to try and protect your face and head from injury.
But yall dont hear me though

Word?

That man got sodomized with a plunger by the same police force after submitting to the arresting devils.

This man was executed at point blank range while in handcuffs.

What are you really saying man?

Again the overarching and connecting thread here is racism, corruption and misuse of force.
I like how you bolded and increased the font size of the pivitol word in that statment. 'REDUCE' there's no sure fire way to prevent it man. but you seem so distracted to make the point that has been agreed upon

apparently this is needed:

re·duce

riˈd(y)o͞os/

verb

verb: reduce; 3rd person present: reduces; past tense: reduced; past participle: reduced; gerund or present participle: reducing

1. 1.

make smaller or less in amount, degree, or size.

"the need for businesses to reduce costs"

[table][tr][td]synonyms:[/td][td]lessen, make smaller, lower, bring down, decrease, diminish, minimize; More[/td][/tr][/table]

Current status of thread:

- Resisting is bad and is 99.999% of the time going to fail miserably.
- Cops OD sometimes, especially in NY where it seems to happen far more often. This is also bad.
- You may get your *** whooped for no apparent reason. This is also bad and should be addressed in a productive manner.
- Everyone recognizes these things and agrees for the most part.
- Still arguing somehow.

Back
Top Bottom