Stats you wish existed in sports

What are those stats you wish existed? In any sport.

For example, wondering  what the individual league leaders would be in the number of shots altered (not blocked) in a season. Watching Andrew Bynum in game 1, he blocked 10 shots but how many more shots did he alter or influence...

Other one (which would be impossible to keep track of) is the number of "would be" assists that lead to free throws. Circa classic Jason Kidd or Steve Nash that make a great pass that would easily be a assist if there wasnt a foul leading to 2 shots.

Whats the stats you'd want to see that arent kept? Or maybe impossible to keep track of...

I really wish would-be assists that lead to fouls would count as assists as well. I mean maybe a half of an assist for each free throw made
roll.gif

Stats per 48 minutes ONLY in games that last at least 2 whole quarters in Team Up mode on 2K12
laugh.gif
.......so tired of bum *$@ team mates and weak *$@ stat lines because of it. It should be some sort of way to accurately display how well somebody plays the game.

individual time with possession, that relates to points, turnovers, missed buckets.. Make it happen! In Basketball or Futbol

^ I pass to you, you pass to a guy who hits a 3.

You and me both get an assist.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Originally Posted by PMatic

"Hockey assists" in the NBA.
im not up on Hockey.

how do their assists work?

Say if i passed it to you, and you then threw a lob to somebody, we'd both get credited with an assist

Probably not the best example.......but yea
laugh.gif

gd to knw fellas,

i used to play Hockey videogames, but i usually just tried to get into fights and disregard stats other than goals. haha

Hmm I would like a "how many times you cost your team the win" stat cuz I'm sure this bum Igoudala would lead the league in that stat smh

A player feeds B player who is cutting towards the basket

B player gets fouled, makes at least 1 free throw.

A player is awarded with an assist.

Since I can't think of anything logical, I want superstitious free throw stats. 
After a commentator says "He's made 21 straight from the line..." and clank. What's the jinx % on that? Can someone finally keep track of that? 

2nd one is a little more out there and a personal one: I seriously want to know what the % of FT's are made/miss when the camera angle is behind the FT shooter from the opposite end of the court. I swear it's like 50% at best, they never go in. Conversely, when the camera is under the basket looking out at the FT shooter - they never miss. Watch once in a while, maybe I'm crazy but I swear this happens. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I pass to you, you pass to a guy who hits a 3.

You and me both get an assist.

roll.gif
 Gamebreaker stats like it Volume 2. 

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

flops
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
All day... 

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

A player feeds B player who is cutting towards the basket

B player gets fouled, makes at least 1 free throw.

A player is awarded with an assist.
I've always wanted this ti happen, but be awarded when you make both free throws.
It would skew a lot of records though so I always end up being 50/50 on it

Back
Top Bottom