Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Close grip bench is money,

i do weighted bar dips, dips with feet up and 45lb plates in the lap, reverse tri extensions, tricep push downs, tricep rope pull downs, skulls, close grip onthe machine with the uneven bar, kick backs on the machine or with dumbells. I usually do most if not all and super set with a bicep workout like ill do closegrip bench with uneven bar or straight bar with the arm blaster or dips with hammer curls

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

JOE, do you pyramid in weight, or use the same weight for your sets?

I was pyramiding down in weight, but this week, I went back to the old 3x8 and I'm wondering if it's going to be as effective...
yeah, on everything but the 14-16 rep burnout sets i do at the very end of certain days.......and on these sets i'll keep the same weight oreven go down in weight because of fatigue.

but for everything else i always pyramid up or do some sort of variation of that. hate keeping the weight the same every set, and i feel like it doesn'tmake me work as hard.

if you like 3x8 try 10,8,6, same amount of total reps but i think you'll find it a lot more challenging and also less tedious after a while.

Did 100 pound dumbells for the first time today. 5x the first set, 4x the second set. The gym I was at did not have dumbells higher than 100
mad.gif
. I'm pretty sure I could've done 105 maybe 3 times.

I'm 165 at the moment because I've been sloppy with my diet literally eating whatever I want
mad.gif
. I was 159 just 3 weeks ago...hopefully I can get down to 160 in the next 3weeks.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

I was pyramiding down in weight, but this week, I went back to the old 3x8 and I'm wondering if it's going to be as effective...
yeah, on everything but the 14-16 rep burnout sets i do at the very end of certain days.......and on these sets i'll keep the same weight or even go down in weight because of fatigue.

but for everything else i always pyramid up or do some sort of variation of that. hate keeping the weight the same every set, and i feel like it doesn't make me work as hard.

if you like 3x8 try 10,8,6, same amount of total reps but i think you'll find it a lot more challenging and also less tedious after a while.
I'm def going to give the 10, 8, 6 a try.

Before, I was doing 6, 8, 10 'cause I read somewhere that it makes more sense to pyramid down 'cause you'll be able to move more weight in thebeginning of your sets, and as your muscles fatigue, they get weaker.

But everywhere I look, I always see people saying to pyramid up.

Hey, I just turned 15 years old and have been doing a little weight liftingt/cardio for the past 2 months. I can actually run the mile in 7mins now opposed to11mins in the past. I was 226 in the summer and now I'm down to 196. Havent really changed my diet much, except no cheese(whenever possible). I got asmall standard weight bench and so far i've been repping all the weights I have which is 155lb, my max bench is 180 from 115 almost a year ago.

What are some recommendations? As you can tell I was very overweight, I have love handles which I need to get rid and need to do some serious chest andstomach excercises. Cheytow is an inspiration to me, I hope to repost my progress pictures 5 months from now.

I know these pictures are nothing but oh well.

August: 14 y/o 226lb

2rh2uyx.jpg

Now: 15 y/o 6'1" 196lb

2luuao0.jpg

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Did 100 pound dumbells for the first time today. 5x the first set, 4x the second set. The gym I was at did not have dumbells higher than 100
mad.gif

I'm 165 at the moment because I've been sloppy with my diet literally eating whatever I want
mad.gif
. I was 159 just 3 weeks ago...hopefully I can get down to 160 in the next 3 weeks.

Congrats! The day I was finally able to flat-press 100lb db's was the best day of my life. I remember being 16 years old and struggling with 60lb db'sand looking at the end of the rack at those intimidating 100lb db's. Now I'd like to be able to incline 100's though.

Keep up with the progress and work everybody. Seatown, good effort, if you keep it up you'll definitely see more results...I think you'll be evenhappier if you tightened up your diet a little too.

yeah, on everything but the 14-16 rep burnout sets i do at the very end of certain days.......and on these sets i'll keep the same weight or even go down in weight because of fatigue.

but for everything else i always pyramid up or do some sort of variation of that. hate keeping the weight the same every set, and i feel like it doesn't make me work as hard.

Before, I was doing 6, 8, 10 'cause I read somewhere that it makes more sense to pyramid down 'cause you'll be able to move more weight in the beginning of your sets, and as your muscles fatigue, they get weaker.

Where are you looking that says pyramid up??

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

mad.gif

mad.gif
. I was 159 just 3 weeks ago...hopefully I can get down to 160 in the next 3 weeks.

Congrats! The day I was finally able to flat-press 100lb db's was the best day of my life. I remember being 16 years old and struggling with 60lb db's and looking at the end of the rack at those intimidating 100lb db's. Now I'd like to be able to incline 100's though.
Nice, congrats. Yeah, I remember the first time I did 100lbs DB's too, great feeling
pimp.gif

The stupid thing is at my gym, they skip from 100 right up to 110, then 120, then 130. There's no way I can get 110's up by myself
eyes.gif
. I tried once with my brother in law spotting, and I did a few reps, but he washelping me a little bit. That was likr 4 years ago, and I haven't tried since.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Before, I was doing 6, 8, 10 'cause I read somewhere that it makes more sense to pyramid down 'cause you'll be able to move more weight in the beginning of your sets, and as your muscles fatigue, they get weaker.

Where are you looking that says pyramid up??
Well, I can't just throw a specific place out there, but whenever I'm on any kind of site talking about weight lifting, people say theyadd weight each set.

ive done 110lbs on incline and bench more than a few times. who cares though. i think folks get too caught up in numbers. can rep more on flat than incline anive never gone past that. after that is 120lbs

i hate how at the gym i see people do that same @#%# every single week in and week out then they look at me like why isnt he lifting that much but looks biggerthan me? i dont train to be a power lifter though.

numbers matter if that is your ultimate goal i guess but most of us in here i think do this to stay in shape and get a certain look we want, correct?

kid i know who actually competes im so much stronger than him but if you dudes seen his body youd think he could put up a lot. actually hes the one i mentionwho knows how many pages back that takes russian bear and drinks whole milk when he is bulking
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ive done 110lbs on incline and bench more than a few times. who cares though. i think folks get too caught up in numbers. can rep more on flat than incline an ive never gone past that. after that is 120lbs

i hate how at the gym i see people do that same @#%# every single week in and week out then they look at me like why isnt he lifting that much but looks bigger than me? i dont train to be a power lifter though.

numbers matter if that is your ultimate goal i guess but most of us in here i think do this to stay in shape and get a certain look we want, correct?
Yeah, that's exactly why I haven't tried to lift more than 85 lb DB's in the past year, and haven't tried to lift 100+ FB's in3-4 years. Talking about it does make me want to try, though.
laugh.gif
. I'll probably try it this Monday, then that'll be it for another 8-12 months or so.

ive done 110lbs on incline and bench more than a few times. who cares though. i think folks get too caught up in numbers. can rep more on flat than incline an ive never gone past that. after that is 120lbs

i hate how at the gym i see people do that same @#%# every single week in and week out then they look at me like why isnt he lifting that much but looks bigger than me? i dont train to be a power lifter though.

kid i know who actually competes im so much stronger than him but if you dudes seen his body youd think he could put up a lot. actually hes the one i mention who knows how many pages back that takes russian bear and drinks whole milk when he is bulking
laugh.gif
agreed , i just like seeing my weight go up because for me thats the easiest way to measure progress.

and as an example of strength not matching up with size remember iiceman? dude is huge but his lifting tsats arent anything crazy

So that 10, 8, 6 - would you up the weight as you go, so eg 10 - 20lbs, 8 - 30lbs, 6 - 40lbs?

I do like to do extra sets though, I feel I get more results

Awesome, will give it a go tomorrow.

But during my squats, and deadlifts i like to do the 5x5, keeping the weight constant.. might switch it up from time to time. No pain the next day ftw

Originally Posted by I3

Awesome, will give it a go tomorrow.

But during my squats, and deadlifts i like to do the 5x5, keeping the weight constant.. might switch it up from time to time. No pain the next day ftw
oh man you gotta go up in weight with those

Well, I can't just throw a specific place out there, but whenever I'm on any kind of site talking about weight lifting, people say they add weight each set.
Well yeah, I understand that. I used to pyramid up, but ill most likely never go back to that. It just doesnt make sense scientifically. Toeach his own though.

Ohh, and Im not a fan of that dudes physique. Bodys like that are creepy to me.

did shoulders and abs yesterday after a 2 mile run...surprinsingly my backed held up...is there anyway i can prevent cramps in my legs when im doing abs? i wasdoing a legs lifts and toe reach and my thighs just keep cramping on me

kid i know who actually competes im so much stronger than him but if you dudes seen his body youd think he could put up a lot. actually hes the one i mention who knows how many pages back that takes russian bear and drinks whole milk when he is bulking
laugh.gif
The contradiction is strong in this thread
laugh.gif

carry on

Back
Top Bottom