Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

I'm like 28% body fat.. i haven't worked out in forever. Would it be more beneficial to do cardio and weight lifting or just cardio at this point? Besides the obvious change in diet of course. Thanks in advance for the help

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

I'm like 28% body fat.. i haven't worked out in forever. Would it be more beneficial to do cardio and weight lifting or just cardio at this point? Besides the obvious change in diet of course. Thanks in advance for the help
How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

When I was at that point I just ran my $!@ off, literally, and ate well in combo. However, I did lose some muscle mass because I didnt do any lifting at all. If I could do it over again I would have lifted lightly and added more proteins in my diet to retain my muscle. In general though its inevitable to lose some muscle when cutting weight.

I would do cardio (mainly running) for as long as you can, try doing 1.5-2 miles a day 5 days a week. Lift 3-4 days lightly when time permits. You dont have to go hard, just give your muscles a little burn.

Originally Posted by I3

Anyone else do heavy weights but dont feel the pain til 2 days+ later?

Seriously.. its like you work hard M W F and ball in the weekends means hardly no rest FML
Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), also called muscle fever, is the pain and stiffness felt in muscles several hours to days after unaccustomed or strenuous exercise. The soreness is felt most strongly 24 to 72 hours after the exercise.[sup][1][/sup] It is caused by eccentric exercise.[sup][2][/sup] After such exercise, the muscle adapts rapidly to prevent muscle damage, and thereby soreness, if the exercise is repeated.[sup][3][/sup]
Delayed onset muscle soreness is one symptom of exercise-induced muscle damage, the other being acute muscle soreness, which appears during and immediately after exercise

Do both and take in plenty of protein.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by bjamez20

need some good ab exercises - lower abs specifically

and also, what are some healthy snacks?

Snacks:
Beef Jerky

Greek Yogurt

Cottage Cheese

Almonds

Abs:

Planks
Careful with that jerky tho, usually has high sodium content.  

IMO you should do both.  If you were only gonna do 1 or the other I would go with weight training over cardio.  Diet is going to be the key though.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by I3

Anyone else do heavy weights but dont feel the pain til 2 days+ later?

Seriously.. its like you work hard M W F and ball in the weekends means hardly no rest FML
Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), also called muscle fever, is the pain and stiffness felt in muscles several hours to days after unaccustomed or strenuous exercise. The soreness is felt most strongly 24 to 72 hours after the exercise.[sup][1][/sup] It is caused by eccentric exercise.[sup][2][/sup] After such exercise, the muscle adapts rapidly to prevent muscle damage, and thereby soreness, if the exercise is repeated.[sup][3][/sup]
Delayed onset muscle soreness is one symptom of exercise-induced muscle damage, the other being acute muscle soreness, which appears during and immediately after exercise

Damn I got DOMS lol

Is there any way to prevent this?  Like literally im always sore from the gym.. and this really @%!@! with my basketball.  Im thinking about just cutting it to 2 full body sessions a week.  But @%!@! i got this aesthetic looking thing going on lol.  Its sometimes hard to not mire the results.

Anyways im on the BOSS HOG workout and its !!%*%*+ amazing.. just in and out of the gym just as I like.  However I am responding well to more chest exercises so im adding an exercise or two (flies/dips). Feels good man.

Just need to keep eating like a @#@++!@!%%!% and doing HIIT 1x a week = getting ripped with just enough mass
happy.gif

I've been trying to spend sometime lately with kettlebells and powerbags....
My aim is to not bulk up, get lean muscle...

Working core and burning the gut with cardio, the regular stability ball, (going to implement the medicine ball soon) and I've started hitting these:

Any of you tried this?  Is this legit or is the dude sellin pipe dreams?

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Working core and burning the gut with cardio, the regular stability ball, (going to implement the medicine ball soon) and I've started hitting these:

Any of you tried this? �Is this legit or is the dude sellin pipe dreams?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I can vouch for KB's, since we use them alot in Crossfit....Them !!%@+ are real deal, and full body workout!!! But i suggest u learn how to use properly before using them[/color]

Simba King wrote:

I can vouch for KB's, since we use them alot in Crossfit....Them !!%@+ are real deal, and full body workout!!! But i suggest u learn how to use properly before using them

might as well clean and press IMO.

yes it works obv

I can vouch for the kettle bells also. My boys are certified coaches and in a matter of 2 months I went from from barely pressing the blue bell(26.5lbs) over my head 10 times to being able to press the red bell(70 lbs) three times. Its a full body workout and it builds muscle endurance.

on-creatine-powder.jpg
Nearly done with my first jar, 5g with grape juice before and after each session, and I haven't really noticed any dramatic/noticeable gains as far as strength.
ohwell.gif

^^ upto u, don't think its a necessity.

If u do try it, buy Anabolic competition at musclefeast. Com

Excellent profile.

@ame 416

Creatine does work. I can't stand ppl complaining its just water weight, Foo ur whole body us made out of water!!! Duhhhhhhh!

Originally Posted by Simba King

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I can vouch for KB's, since we use them alot in Crossfit....Them !!%@+ are real deal, and full body workout!!! But i suggest u learn how to use properly before using them[/color]
This. 
I started doing swings but had to stop at frist because my back and knees were killing me. Went online and saw some Dan John videos and realized I was doing them wrong. Moral of the story, learns how to hip hinge brahs

i know ive said this before but for abs all you need is an exercise ball... do the reg ho hum crunches on it till u start gettin some decent core strength then progress to plankin on it... after that progress to roll outs (think ab wheel but the ball is the wheel0, and then finally advance to swiss mountain climbers... you will be come shreddddded

also if u have a balance board... its a fun thing to fool around with at home and improves core strength as well as works to stablaize leg/ankle muscles

Alright so I've gotten slightly fat (I kinda have a double chin now and can't see my ab outline anymore 
mad.gif
) over the past few weeks cause my local gym closed for a couple months.

Right now my main focus is to drop my body fat before I try and add more muscle again. I'd like to see my muscle outline as well as my ab outline so I have an idea of what I look like without high body fat (I'm probably like 16-18% right now).

What's the best way to lose fat and gain muscle? Throw everything at me - workouts, recovery, diet, frequency, I like to go all in for everything I do and this is no different.

The past few days I've been doing heavy lifting, some cardio (rowing, jump rope, running stairs, etc.) and eating less. I don't have too much muscle (a slightly average amount I guess but I'm not too sure), so I don't want to lose any of it. Just fat.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

What excersises could I do at home to improve my upper body strength?

I've been struggling lifting 90 pounds over a damn mental block. I know it ain't alot but it's pissing me off that I feel like I add weight to the bar. I also can't do 3x15 pulls ups.

i think i need a new bicep/back workout

been doing

pullup x2 till failure

middle(dont know wat theyre called lol, not chin ups tho) pullup x2 till failure

barbell bent over row x 3

lat pull down x 3

preacher curls x 3

hammer curls x 2

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

What excersises could I do at home to improve my upper body strength?

I've been struggling lifting 90 pounds over a damn mental block. I know it ain't alot but it's pissing me off that I feel like I add weight to the bar. I also can't do 3x15 pulls ups.

90 lbs doing what? Bench? Overhead Press?

Back
Top Bottom