Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Yo Im skinny with a gut forming how do a tone up and bulk up.I have a high metabolism and a bad diet die to college what can I do to gain muscle and definition along with cardio.Ill be honest I never lift weights seriously before
No cardio yet, get on starting strength.

Eat oats, eat clean, BULK BULK BULK

burn the fat when cuttin, then add cardio if you want.

also, wait for someonelse to help out lol.

What do u mean by eating clean
Lower your carb intake,
no bread, rice,pasta.
No sugar which is in soda and drinks.

Try to get your carbs form vegetables ,greens and protein are the best.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

No cardio yet, get on starting strength.

Eat oats, eat clean, BULK BULK BULK

burn the fat when cuttin, then add cardio if you want.

also, wait for someonelse to help out lol.

What do u mean by eating clean
Lower your carb intake,
no bread, rice,pasta.
No sugar which is in soda and drinks.

Try to get your carbs form vegetables ,greens and protein are the best.

Oh word so pretty much incorporate more greens nstuff .Are green food drinks good
embarassed.gif
I thought about only grilling my meats and eating salad and oats for blast.Thanks for the umm reply
embarassed.gif

I have a small belly going on. But my abs are visible. How do I get rid of the fat to make my abs more visible, stomach flat.
With the snow and no access to the gym to play some basketball. I've been hitting up the treadmill every morning.
Doing ab workouts, drinking more water, and making sure I don't eat junk food, or anything with high carbs.
I'd like some advice on a good diet that will help me achieve a flat stomach to make my abs visible.

Alright niketalk, I'm 5'10, I was like 5'11 damn near six foot and I gained 50 lbs and I guess I shrunk?
laugh.gif
I weigh 235
But anyway getting back in the swing of things and looking for some tips to keep weight off, how often should I weigh myself, what should I be eating?
Cardio or weight training or both? I'm tryna get down to 190 by my birthday which is in august.
I've lost weight in the past, in 2010 I was 185, but what I used to do isn't really working now.
I need help yall
frown.gif

I asked this before, but how do you guys deal with stretch marks on your arms? I worked hard and gained 12 pounds (went from 5'8 145 to 170 while bulking, cut down to 157). Physically I look alot bigger and stronger but now it looks like a cat @#$@$@ up my inner biceps on both arms
mad.gif

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

Alright niketalk, I'm 5'10, I was like 5'11 damn near six foot and I gained 50 lbs and I guess I shrunk?
laugh.gif
I weigh 235
But anyway getting back in the swing of things and looking for some tips to keep weight off, how often should I weigh myself, what should I be eating?
Cardio or weight training or both? I'm tryna get down to 190 by my birthday which is in august.
I've lost weight in the past, in 2010 I was 185, but what I used to do isn't really working now.
I need help yall
frown.gif
If you want to lose fat focus on cardio. I would advise you to run at least 5 times a week once you get into shape, maybe a month into it. Weight training isn't exactly necessary to lose weight but I would reccomend you do some a couple times a week but cardio and dieting should be your main focus.

As far as eating goes, just eat healthy and not as much as you usually do. No sweets or trans fats and stay away from too many carbs. I would reccomend egg whites and oatmeal with fruit for breakfast (frozen strawberries in oatmeal is amazing), lunch maybe a tuna sandwhich on wheat bread or turkey sandwhich but only use wheat. Dinner maybe some baked chicken, vegetables, and a salad. Just eat smart, exercise smart, and keep yourself motivated. Whenever you feel like you don't want to work out which might be almost everyday, just remind yourself of your goals and that you can't reach them without hard work. Good luck.

Edit: And if you ever feel burnt out or out of energy start eating more fruit.

BOOM: straight legged lower back extensions. keep your back locked in position and your legs straight and simply bend and go up slowly to starting position.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

What do you guys think about hammer curls?? Seems like every time I do them in the gym, ppl give me weird looks like "wth is he doing, thats not how you curl a db."

They're just looking so they can steal your workout.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

What do you guys think about hammer curls?? Seems like every time I do them in the gym, ppl give me weird looks like "wth is he doing, thats not how you curl a db."

tell them, u mirin?
pimp.gif

So yesterday I worked out after one whole year (because that was my last years resolution, to just relax and worry about myself mentally), I seriously got tired after 6 minutes. I'm always tired now. I stopped eating breakfast because I now wake up around like 11-1pm. Please Please Please give me suggestions on how to boost my energy again without taking any pills or drinking tea and stuff. I'm going to start waking up at 10am (because I know anything earlier will just put me in a bad mood for the day).

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

So yesterday I worked out after one whole year (because that was my last years resolution, to just relax and worry about myself mentally), I seriously got tired after 6 minutes. I'm always tired now. I stopped eating breakfast because I now wake up around like 11-1pm. Please Please Please give me suggestions on how to boost my energy again without taking any pills or drinking tea and stuff. I'm going to start waking up at 10am (because I know anything earlier will just put me in a bad mood for the day).

you always wanna make sure you've eaten prior to a work out (well rested too) the solution I'd use if I were you, would just be black coffee straight. Old school I know but if it worked for them it'll work for us. Once you start workin out and dedicating time you probably won't need anything. 45-60 min a day is all you need bro

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

BOOM: straight legged lower back extensions. keep your back locked in position and your legs straight and simply bend and go up slowly to starting position.
thanks.ill work on that

The first few days after a long break is always the hardest. Trust me, I was almost falling asleep in the gym a few weeks back 
laugh.gif
(I was in party/holiday/vacation mode all of december). Just take the first few days slowly and you'll eventually re-build your endurance.
How much you eat also has alot to do with it. When I was bulking, I could workout forever without feeling tired at all. During cutting, it's a different story
sick.gif
It's much more challenging...I get tired within 20 minutes but I just force myself to do the extra 20-25 and then hop o  the treadmill for a speedwalk/jog

Just eat before you go and the rest of your energy is really mental. Go in and do a weeks routine at 60% to get your body ready. Go in ready to kick some #$* or don't go in at all.

I've been waking up at like 2 pm for as long as I can remember...and the gym is usually busy until about 10 pm so I would wait until then..but I hated doing it at night...it limited my social life.

So finally, i've been waking up earlier and going at 10 am...the switch help me break through a plateau, and I have more energy throughout the day.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

The first few days after a long break is always the hardest. Trust me, I was almost falling asleep in the gym a few weeks back 
laugh.gif
(I was in party/holiday/vacation mode all of december). Just take the first few days slowly and you'll eventually re-build your endurance.
How much you eat also has alot to do with it. When I was bulking, I could workout forever without feeling tired at all. During cutting, it's a different story
sick.gif
It's much more challenging...I get tired within 20 minutes but I just force myself to do the extra 20-25 and then hop o  the treadmill for a speedwalk/jog

Well I woke up around 10 today like I planned but I didn't eat until now ... which is 2:00 my time, that's really bad.

I guess my biggest problem is eating in the morning. I'm gonna do what you guys say and hope it works for the best.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

laugh.gif
sick.gif

Well I woke up around 10 today like I planned but I didn't eat until now ... which is 2:00 my time, that's really bad.

I guess my biggest problem is eating in the morning. I'm gonna do what you guys say and hope it works for the best.
FORCE yourself to eat, even if it makes you feel like puking. You get used to it after a while, and wake up hungry eventually.

after a hiatus and temporary life of debauchery.. back on the fitness grind. Return of the Empire.

debating in my mind whether or not to gun for NYC Marathon.. personal thing, assuming I can get in via lottery. Aye, any fitness enthusiasts that dabble with twitter, feel free to leave your name and I'll follow.

i got a question....

i weighed 280 in september and right now im down to 253 due to dieting and cardio

i lifted light during the time period

should i continue to do cardio and lift light until i get down to my desired 230

or is it cool to lift heavy and possibly still lose weight

Originally Posted by datpiff110

i got a question....

i weighed 280 in september and right now im down to 253 due to dieting and cardio

i lifted light during the time period

should i continue to do cardio and lift light until i get down to my desired 230

or is it cool to lift heavy and possibly still lose weight
You can go heavier, just up the weights a little each week

Back
Top Bottom