Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

I have a small belly going on. But my abs are visible. How do I get rid of the fat to make my abs more visible, stomach flat.
With the snow and no access to the gym to play some basketball. I've been hitting up the treadmill every morning.
Doing ab workouts, drinking more water, and making sure I don't eat junk food, or anything with high carbs.
I'd like some advice on a good diet that will help me achieve a flat stomach to make my abs visible.

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

Well I woke up around 10 today like I planned but I didn't eat until now ... which is 2:00 my time, that's really bad.

I guess my biggest problem is eating in the morning. I'm gonna do what you guys say and hope it works for the best.
FORCE yourself to eat, even if it makes you feel like puking. You get used to it after a while, and wake up hungry eventually.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm hungry all the time now and if I eat I'm hungry 30 minutes later.

I'm hungry right now and it's 1:30am that's why I came to post on here. I'm so hungry. I've been considering riding my bike out to Denny's for the past 30 minutes.
Son, Denny's
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

You're probably hungry all the time cuz thats the type of food you're eating. Eat good, clean foods and then you can eat all the time and feel good about it.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

if you work out late ( lets say after 8:30 pm) does it matter if you eat late being your body will be needing the energy post workout?

I need to know this too. I usually don't sleep until 2-5 am anyways.

Would anyone know if its ok to take hydroxycut in the AM and still take the protein shake after your workout?

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

if you work out late ( lets say after 8:30 pm) does it matter if you eat late being your body will be needing the energy post workout?

I need to know this too. I usually don't sleep until 2-5 am anyways.

I usually eat "dinner" at 5pm before class, then go to the gym after that from around 8:30-10pm and I just drink my protein shake after and go to bed.  It's usually around midnight by the time I fall asleep and I'm still seeing results so I don't see anything wrong with that.

Originally Posted by tootthatthang

What's that go to "feel like your cheating" snack for you guys? Right now for me its fresh pineapples with greek yogurt, whole wheat protein pancakes with strawberries, and all natural organic peanut butter with apples

Oh "feel" like your cheating.  I read this as your cheat snack like what the %$*$?

Originally Posted by richyung412

Would anyone know if its ok to take hydroxycut in the AM and still take the protein shake after your workout?

Screw Hydroxycut, look into an EC(A) stack if your primary goal is fat loss right now. A protein shake is ONLY supplementary protein to help you meet your protein intake goal for the day. It doesn't matter what else your taking in, you'll still be able to consume protein shakes. But, keep in mind they should never be a main source of protein. People who take 2-3 a day and have just started working out are for the most part clueless.

How are your splits looking guys?
For awhile I was going on a 4 day routine:

Chest

Legs/Abs

Back/Biceps, Forearms (Sometimes I will split these into two days if I am really busy that day).

Triceps/Shoulders

Rest 24-48 hrs.

then I went to a 3 day split:

Chest/Triceps/Shoulders

Legs/Abs

Biceps/Back

Rest (maybe two days)

and repeat..

but I felt I was burning too many calories to gain mass (it's hard for me to put on lbs)..

how do your routines look? Need something new.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by tootthatthang

What's that go to "feel like your cheating" snack for you guys? Right now for me its fresh pineapples with greek yogurt, whole wheat protein pancakes with strawberries, and all natural organic peanut butter with apples

Oh "feel" like your cheating.  I read this as your cheat snack like what the %$*$?
Haha na man, I'm trying to get as many healthy snacks as I can to satisfy the sweet tooth

I have a small belly going on. But my abs are visible. How do I get rid of the fat to make my abs more visible, stomach flat.
With the snow and no access to the gym to play some basketball. I've been hitting up the treadmill every morning.
Doing ab workouts, drinking more water, and making sure I don't eat junk food, or anything with high carbs.
I'd like some advice on a good diet that will help me achieve a flat stomach to make my abs visible.

dude asking about protein prices - bb dot com has good service and shipping but sportnutritiononline, nutraplanet, getrippednutrition, lockout etc are usually much cheaper.

an awesome healthy treat for me is a berry bliss or apple pie quest bar heated for 10 secs in the microwave and a glass of cold skim milk. yum.

so ive been running at the gym the past few weeks and i need to get back to lifting after taking like 8 months off
embarassed.gif
.. main goal is to lose weight.

is starting strength a good way to start up again? thats my main question. about to read it on bb.com

ill be doing it along with some HIIT/regular running 6-7x a week. ive started to enjoy it
laugh.gif
.. What i do is a 10 min brisk walk for a warm up at an incline then run for 4-5 min at a moderate pace, walk 1-2 min depending on how i feel then run 2 min walk 1 min and repeat 3x then cool down for 10 min. it usually takes around 30 min and I dont stop until I reach 2 miles on my Nike +

so ill be lifting 3x a week and cardio 6-7x. of course clean my diet up too. 5'9 262 .. smh i was 220 2 and a half years ago lifting, doing cardio, and bjj every day
30t6p3b.gif

Can someone please share their cutting routine. Plan on cutting for the entire month of February. Trying to lose BF. time for fit February. Thanks.

^ www.leangains.com

Check it out. I swear by it , best shape of my life, strongest I've ever been @ ~175 lbs

Keep strength/muscle or even gain it if you so desire and cut fat %+!$#

also nutraplanet.com has a sale right now on some protein I think

good site as well, prices are pretty competitive

Besides other weight lifting duties, doing 200 crunches a day and running a mile is a good way to get your ab game?

Started going to the gym in mid November, 4 -5 days of cardio, 3-4 days of weight training a week, with a couple of weeks of slacking off because of my schedule.

Weighed in at about 193 pounds in November, weighed myself 2 weeks ago came in at about 167.

Diet hasn’t really changed still eat horribly, fast food a few times a week, soda daily, chips and other snacks here and there.

Daily work out:

1.5 hours of cardio usually split between treadmill and elliptical machine.

Weight training: Rotated weekly.

Day 1) chest

Day 2) back and shoulders

Day 3) Arms (biceps/triceps/forearms)

Day 4) If done usually repeat what was done on day one.

Don’t really work out my legs as I’m only 5’7 and not trying to bulk up too much because I don’t really like the short big legs bulky look.

Going to drop drinking soda regularly soon and try to keep fast food at a minimum because I know I am going to plateau in weight loss soon.

Started working on abs today, going to do them regularly from now on.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Besides other weight lifting duties, doing 200 crunches a day and running a mile is a good way to get your ab game?

I mean it will strengthen your core no doubt but to get defined abs is all about BF% which where I can see the running coming in but you almost MUST have a good diet

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

^ www.leangains.com

Check it out. I swear by it , best shape of my life, strongest I've ever been @ ~175 lbs

Keep strength/muscle or even gain it if you so desire and cut fat %+!$#
Youre the man. This site will quickly become my bible.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I mean it will strengthen your core no doubt but to get defined abs is all about BF% which where I can see the running coming in but you almost MUST have a good diet
Whats a good diet to start out through out the day? Sorry for the noob questions, im new to this. Just started working out about 4 weeks ago, see a lil progress but would like to see MORE. I don't eat breakfast but I heard that's bad, so I started today, 3 pieces of bacon, 3 pieces of toast. Skipped lunch, had baked chicken and potatoes for dinner. Is that bad? 

Back
Top Bottom