Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I simply don't understand the mechanics of my body. I am now able to deadlift 365lbs but still can't barbell bench press 185lbs more than once.

I am, however, increasing my dumb bell bench press considerably.

The most difficult aspect of barbell bench press is the pressure on my hands. I can pull things but I can't push em.

Man I'm the opposite. My bench used to be really bad and my deadlift was solid, now my bench is decent and I can't even deadlift anymore.

I can bench 185 3-4 times depending how good I'm feeling, but deadlifting I can barely do 185 (I used to be able to do 300 once). I took a break from deadlifting about a year ago cause I plateaued to work on squats, then when I tried to get back into it, it was terrible.

5'8" 160 lbs if it matters.

Originally Posted by Durden7

7%?  Nahhhh.  No hate.
i got one of those body fat calculator things from bodybuilding.com and every time I'm measured it says 7%. maybe its off but it can't be more than 1-2% off 

You are in real good shape but you are probably  higher than 7%. 
As far as isolating your lower abs, i'm not sure what you already do but do some hanging leg raises and keep your core tight. 

What I do that I find really produces an effect is I take a 5 lb plate in my hands, put my hands behind my head...at the same time I hold a 5lb ball in between my feet and I try to make my elbows touch my knees as many times as I can.

I call it the jack knife, don't know if it's a real workout or not. Add weight when you need to.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

he wasnt referring to an actual bike
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 my bad. 

I've just been doing my research about one, so I can start trail riding. I breezed through and thought there was another cyclist in here lol

Judging from my picture above, do y'all thing i'm in the single digits? I've never had my BF measured. I'm probably right on the cusp.

Dude forgot the '1' in '17%'
laugh.gif

nah.... judging from that pic alone I'd say about 12%

here is a FANTASTIC read on how to lose fat while eating burgers and health benefits aside, eating clean doesn't matter

http://www.myspace.com/leanmonkey/blog/176090863

I've been utilizing the idea of SLOWLY gaining muscle by only eating a couple hundred cals above needed and it def isn't as beneficial as "bulking" straight up for 6 months. I just hate the amount of food required to bulk and feeling bloated all day... hitting the toilet all day.

Even with a slow bulk I have put on more fat than comfortable... I'd like to get ripped for the summer - for now I'm going to focus on training the same with a consistent 200-400 cal deficit. I do intermittent fasting every day, and I am contemplating the use of clen.

anyone else "cutting" at the moment?

Originally Posted by MMG

whats the purpose of the sauna guys?

is it to tighten up from losing weight? or is it to lose weight?

got one at my gym and im dropping alot of weight so idk
nerd.gif
helps the release of toxins
also muscle recovery, same with the hot tub/jacuzzi

gonna sell my sneaker collection for a cycle of juice, hgh, and centrum silvers. boutta do work with my free one month guest membership to LA Fitness.

Any other lifters on here with chronic back injuries/pain?

I was in an accident and my neck got %+%$%*. I believe there is a spinal issue in the area which has created a domino effect resulting in a pinched nerve. Anyone with a similar issue?

How do you treat it?

I think I am finally going to make a Chiropractic appt

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Started working out again this week. Just trying to slim do and get cut again. Don't care for that bulky look.Back in '03(I was 14 and like 5 foot 6in) I was about 190, got down to about 140ish in about 3 months. Ate a bunch of fruit and veggies for breakfest, some fish or chicekn and veggies for lunch and the same (fish if I had chicken for lunch, or vice verse) for dinner. Any snack would be fruits or veggies. ONLY drank water. 1 hour and 15 mins of cardio every day(45 mins in the am, 30 in the pm), took sundays off, and threw in some mild weight lifting every other day. And tried to do about 100+ push ups/day

I'm currently 5 foot 11in 180 lbs.
Stuck to this routine this past week and already lost 4 lbs. My goal is to get down to 150 by july.

Couple questions though. Is there such a thing as too much cardio??
And my uncle offered me his bowflex, he has one of the older models, with the resistence bars. Has anyone use or uses the bow flex?? Is it effective?? I HATE free weights, would like an alternative.

thanks in advance, take care.
I'm 5'11, 163 (was 174 about 6 weeks ago) and I feel like if I hit 150 I would look thin as *%!%, but I have built alot of muscle and still feel thin. I heard to much cardio can kill muscle gain. I do about 15mins a day of intense cardio and I feel like its too much. 
word?? i didnt know that. maybe ill cut some cardio out and add more weight lifting. appreciate it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KOD843

What's clean bulk? Sorry, kind of a novice at these things lol

well you say you are bulking so that usually means a lot of carb and having a surplus in calories. clean just means you get that surplus but in a healthy way, aka no fat and not as much carbs. you want to put on size but still maintain that low bodyfat percentage.

Started working out again this week. Just trying to slim do and get cut again. Don't care for that bulky look.Back in '03(I was 14 and like 5 foot 6in) I was about 190, got down to about 140ish in about 3 months. Ate a bunch of fruit and veggies for breakfest, some fish or chicekn and veggies for lunch and the same (fish if I had chicken for lunch, or vice verse) for dinner. Any snack would be fruits or veggies. ONLY drank water. 1 hour and 15 mins of cardio every day(45 mins in the am, 30 in the pm), took sundays off, and threw in some mild weight lifting every other day. And tried to do about 100+ push ups/day

I'm currently 5 foot 11in 180 lbs.
Stuck to this routine this past week and already lost 4 lbs. My goal is to get down to 150 by july.

Couple questions though. Is there such a thing as too much cardio??
And my uncle offered me his bowflex, he has one of the older models, with the resistence bars. Has anyone use or uses the bow flex?? Is it effective?? I HATE free weights, would like an alternative.

thanks in advance, take care.
I'm 5'11, 163 (was 174 about 6 weeks ago) and I feel like if I hit 150 I would look thin as *%!%, but I have built alot of muscle and still feel thin. I heard to much cardio can kill muscle gain. I do about 15mins a day of intense cardio and I feel like its too much. 
word?? i didnt know that. maybe ill cut some cardio out and add more weight lifting. appreciate it.
pimp.gif
cardio burns calories so if you are wanting to put on muscle mass, you just got to get that surplus of calories. if your goal is to put on muscle i would cut some cardio and push harder on the weights. but if you don't. just eat more. everyone has different body type. just have to learn yours.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

I was in an accident and my neck got %+%$%*. I believe there is a spinal issue in the area which has created a domino effect resulting in a pinched nerve. Anyone with a similar issue?

How do you treat it?

lower_back_spider_02.jpg

Originally Posted by struong8

pimp.gif
cardio burns calories so if you are wanting to put on muscle mass, you just got to get that surplus of calories. if your goal is to put on muscle i would cut some cardio and push harder on the weights. but if you don't. just eat more. everyone has different body type. just have to learn yours.

im not really trying to put on muscle, or get "buff"
being able to bench my body weight is good enough.

just looking for that cut look i used to have.

Originally Posted by struong8

Originally Posted by KOD843

What's clean bulk? Sorry, kind of a novice at these things lol

well you say you are bulking so that usually means a lot of carb and having a surplus in calories. clean just means you get that surplus but in a healthy way, aka no fat and not as much carbs. you want to put on size but still maintain that low bodyfat percentage.
Thanks for the info man...

Originally Posted by friedchickenpimpin

Originally Posted by MMG

whats the purpose of the sauna guys?

is it to tighten up from losing weight? or is it to lose weight?

got one at my gym and im dropping alot of weight so idk
nerd.gif
helps the release of toxins
also muscle recovery, same with the hot tub/jacuzzi
Pretty much what i use the sauna/jacuzzi for. LOL at ppl using sauna to use weight.

Anybody wanna share their post workout meal? I always drink my protein shake with half of a banana and i wanna switch things up a bit.

And since were in the subject, anyone wanna share their pre workout meal?

Hey guys, couple questions/concerns

I've been pretty good with my diet (eating paleo right now) since the super bowl. I've went from 207 to 191... I'm 5'8". I bought a thermogenic (MRI red shred) recently and thought about using it. I haven't been able to get any significant weight loss and feel like this would help, but I'm afraid of the caffeine in the product. Anyone have any experiences with this stuff?

I CrossFit and with the Open over I can go back to a lot more strength workouts (ie lifting days, oly lifting days). I think I'm in adequate shape. (1RM: DL @ 200kg, low bar BS @ 145kg, strict press @ 70kg, c&j @ 112kg, snatch @ 75kg all haven't been tested since February) but I do want a bit of strength gain.

Any help would be awesome!

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

How do you treat it?

lower_back_spider_02.jpg
see the doc... it could be a "slip" in your back, where basically your vertebrae slips out of place during heavy lifting and causes back problems.  It happens to me a lot, and I have to stop working out and have someone crack my back... the pain usually leaves after a day and I'm back to normal.  Good luck man! 

^ Thanks man! The pain is injury induced but I will have to see a Doc. regardless.

Today is my only day off from the gym and i'm going to enjoy it.

Peace y'all.

Back
Top Bottom