Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by drainthejumper4

New to this thread, forgive me, but I am looking for some tips.

I am on a strict lifting program at small D3 college. I am lifting 5 days a week and pleased with my improvements.

However, I am struggling to find enough food. The cafeteria on campus is terrible and I don't have a kitchen- only a small dorm fridge.

We have a nutritionist on campus but haven't had the time to meet with her yet.

A supermarket and Trader Joe's are accessible, but again, since I only have a small dorm fridge and no stove I cannot cook full meals for myself.

I am still growing and would like to continue to gain weight, especially now in the offseason.
The food I rely on now is mostly takeout sandwiches or burgers or pizza, but is expensive and not very healthy. When I'm at home (during summer) I have amazing home cooked meals and I make great improvements in my goal of "bulking up".

tl;dr:

Anyone have tips for good meals for gaining weight I could make/obtain in a dorm setting?
Any other tips in general?

Thanks for the help
Take extra food from the dining hall if youre on a meal plan and drink a lot of milk

i recommend you guys who want to lower your sugar intake to look into Truvia
pimp.gif
stuff tastes good in coffee, i need to cut down on the cream though
30t6p3b.gif

Advice dealing with chocolate addiction... Don't hold backCheat meal tips? (frequency & limitations) - Lost 28 lbs from Aug 1 through Jan 1- Gained 8 lbs back since Feb - Work stress got the best of me...

So I'm finally starting the EC stack, at first I wanted to take advantage of the loss of appetite and fast for a few days, but common sense told me that's not going to work out, so I was wondering if someone could help me with a good meal plan. I'm 5'5 and 180lbs., not drastically overweight, but definitely chubby enough to have do something about it.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

is muscle milk (or protein shakes ) even worth it

muscle milk is terrible

but yes i would say protein shakes are worth it. they do help in recovery/muscle building.

if you want a good brand go with ON whey or Myofusion.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

muscle milk is terrible

but yes i would say protein shakes are worth it. they do help in recovery/muscle building.

do they make ready to drink or just the powder

I need to cycle off of my product that i just finished.. Anyone here take Dymatized Xpand Caffeine Free version.. does it still give you the pre workout energy? Is this ok to take as a

cycling off product? And does this taste any different than the caffeine version?

muscle milk is terrible

Not too sure if they make pre-made shakes, but I would assume they just sell the powder. If your looking for good whey protein shakes then look into these as well as Isoflex.
Also, one question for yall. When you guys do dumbbell chest press, do you turn the dumbbells inwards when you reach the top? Like this:

Triceps-CLOSE-GRIP-DUMBBELL-PRESS-bodybuilding-workout.jpg

My boy told me that it helps target the chest better. Any truth to this?

^^^ you're essentially combining the key elements of a press with the final touches of a fly - I only do it with lighter weights because when I'm in the heavier zone it puts a lot of tension on my elbows/shoulders

I dead lifted 370lbs today, u guise

Yea whenever I do it I feel a little bit of tension also, that's why I usually avoid it. 
Keep up the heavy lifting dude.

Okay, So I'm looking for help. I'm determined to lose my stomach. I'm 5'8 and currently fluctuating between 182-188 lbs. I have a solid chest from when I use to work out and play sports, but over the last two years I've gained a decent amount of weight and it's all in my stomach and love handles area.

I can't stand it, I'm disgusted. I really want to lose it, mainly for image purposes, and also so shirts look better on me, since I'm style conscious (don't laugh, I love clothes.)

Here's my thing - I don't think it's worth it for me to go to a gym, the monthly membership fee for what I really want to do, I believe won't pay off. That being said I have a treadmill at home, and I'm willing to go out and buy some weights for other type of lifting.

I'd love for someone to help me out with a possible idea of a program, or what kind of weights to get.

My main objective is to lose the fat in my stomach, and just get more lean/cut. Running sucks, but I know that's how you get results.

Can anyone help out?

muscle milk is terrible

ON is awesome, MM is absolutely terrible. Even before I began messing with any supp, I always considered it the "101" of protein, I tried a sample and it sucked. ON is awesome IMO, a ton of folks vouch for it and i've read great stuff about isoflex.
I know ON makes bars,  but I don't think they do premade drinks. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Okay, So I'm looking for help. I'm determined to lose my stomach. I'm 5'8 and currently fluctuating between 182-188 lbs. I have a solid chest from when I use to work out and play sports, but over the last two years I've gained a decent amount of weight and it's all in my stomach and love handles area.

I can't stand it, I'm disgusted. I really want to lose it, mainly for image purposes, and also so shirts look better on me, since I'm style conscious (don't laugh, I love clothes.)

Here's my thing - I don't think it's worth it for me to go to a gym, the monthly membership fee for what I really want to do, I believe won't pay off. That being said I have a treadmill at home, and I'm willing to go out and buy some weights for other type of lifting.

I'd love for someone to help me out with a possible idea of a program, or what kind of weights to get.

My main objective is to lose the fat in my stomach, and just get more lean/cut. Running sucks, but I know that's how you get results.

Can anyone help out?

Whats your diet like?

Can anyone help out?

You have to do cardio and lots of it. If you don't like running you can swim or bike, just make sure to get a ton of cardio in and try to avoid foods that are high in fat or contain empty calories (white rice, soda, etc).

Counting calories... Any easy way to do it? Apps? Or tips? Anything will help.

What do you do if you're eating a slice of pizza or a sandwich from work and you don't know the amount of calories? Thanks

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Can anyone help out?

Whats your diet like?

pretty bad I suppose, I only drink water, but I don't really "try" to eat healthy. I usually eat 2 meals a day with snacks in between.

Can anyone help out?

good.  i'm not sure how obese people can continue their bad habits and not at SOME point in their gluttony feel disgusted.

my recommendation: cop a 2 year pass for 24 hour fitness from costco for $300.  ends up being $12.50/month.  i read what you said, but just do it anyway.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Can anyone help out?

good.  i'm not sure how obese people can continue their bad habits and not at SOME point in their gluttony feel disgusted.

my recommendation: cop a 2 year pass for 24 hour fitness from costco for $300.  ends up being $12.50/month.  i read what you said, but just do it anyway.

I read this and at first I thought you were calling me obese, but then I was like wait-no. I get what you're saying 100% idk how people let themselves go THAT much

muscle milk is terrible

no they dont, why waste money on pre made when you buy the powder and make your own with most likely less cal and just water.

if you want the best taste go with Myofusion, in water is amazing
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
gone through 2 tubs recently, ordered 2 more 5lb the other day

Can anyone help out?

diet, diet, diet.

all the cardio in the world isnt gonna do anything if your diet isnt in check especially if your looking to lose belly fat.

eat cleaner, better, and with less calories. you will see results.

for weight loss, is it bad idea to replace breakfast with a double serving of a protein shake?

I'm currently using ON whey. Rest of my diet consist of high protein, low sugar, low carb type foods. Trying to stay away from the breads and rices but they are so damn complimentary. Want to drop some pounds (20) for the summer and beyond.

Back
Top Bottom