Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Hey fellas, Ive bypassed this post far to long. I will give you guys a run down of my ideal goals:

Im 5'10" 155 and, my ideal goal is to gain 10-15 lbs and stay at around 165/170. After that, I would strictly like to stay toned and solid.
My diet is HORRIBLE and it's never consistent. I've been getting away with it because I'm a frail dude with a super fast metabolism.
So, I've started by eating A bowl of Frosted Flakes in the morning (I want to eliminate FF, so, what is a great whole grain cereal that you guys recommend?), 4 HB eggs a day, 4 PBnJ sandwiches, and, a 4 oz salmon fillet. I LOVE veggies (ESPECIALLY Collard greens and corn). I really need to improve my nutrition because, although Ive gotten away w/it now, I know it will catch up with me in due time.

I need to know:

Good protein shake/powder
MAYBE, a good weight gainer (I'd rather gain weight naturally becuase I know weight gainers can be iffy, correct?)
Solid diet that will help me gain weight (Stick to the cereal, HB eggs, pbnj, salmon or...?)
And, some good vitamin, nutrient, supplement pills

And, I already have an ideal work regiment after looking at some of the exercise and reps you guys recommended.
Also, my arms are long for a guy 5'10" so, Incline would be my best bet or, slowly build my upper body buy doing light weight on the bench press and just more reps?

Thanks guys!

Forget your exercises, start of with a 5x5 strength programme.  Google stronglifts.

You and me have a fast metabolism, I can't gain weight for $+$%, so remove the Frosties, replace that with Oats, a banana, greek yoghurt and some almonds.  Cook it with milk and that should be around 500kcals already.  Try and eat as clean as possible, i.e. no sat fats, empty carbs, but here and there they should be fine when bulking.  People say the recommned amount is 500kcals over your maintenance intake, but im aiming for 1000kcal.. especially if you're active.

You need to eat.  Get some red meat in your diet, I eat 2-3 tbone steaks a week, 3-4 cans of tuna a week, heaps of rice, sweet potatoes, fish etc.. basically eat as much as you can, then eat more.  Clean food isn't ALWAYS necessary.  You'll notice your lifts going up and you should be gaining weight, if not you gotta eat more son.  I have a Mass Gainer that I usually use at nights to get an 1000kcal on top of my food.

What pre work out supplements would you guys suggest, I use to use NO Xplode but it dosent seem to work for me anymore. I heard that Jacked is pretty cool, any other ones you guys suggest.

DL'd 330 x 5 reps today...felt good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by trimane24

What pre work out supplements would you guys suggest, I use to use NO Xplode but it dosent seem to work for me anymore. I heard that Jacked is pretty cool, any other ones you guys suggest.

Controlled Labs White Flood. 
Anyone ever use the Westside for Skinny Bastards program? I've been on it for about 2 months and I like the results so far.

^do you have the complete vid of your avy?

west-side for sb's looks ok...maybe I will try it out when I tire of my current regimen

Originally Posted by BK201

Just wanted to put y'all on a product I recently purchased, they're called Ironman Yurbuds. I got them from bestbuy for $54+change.
Negatives: Looks cheap as hell, cheap bag, only one asscessory, no clip to hook onto shirt.
Positives: Does what it says it will do(stay in ears during extensive workouts), comfy,  string length is managable, doesn't tangle when running
Neutral: sound is good but not as good as my sound canceling earphones and those cost $16, the ear pieces are made of silicone so it is a lint attracter. I put it in the nylon bag so that won't happen.

Rating: 9/10 HIGHLY recommend this product to ppl that run.
http://www.yurbuds.com/ybcart/ironman-earphones
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...urbuds&cp=1&lp=2
/img23.imageshack.us/img23/443/img0575y.jpg">

nice try, Yurbuds sales rep...

sike, i'll check these out, thanks homie.

Picked up some grail's off of ebay.
laugh.gif
The original Ironworks. 
IRONWorKb.jpg

Have switched to full oly routine. Basically snatch/clean (hang/floor/blocks) /b. squat/f.squat/ clean/snatch  deads and pulls/ front/back jerks. 

Oh and bench once a week. The funny thing is I either do 3-4 sets of 5 reps or 5-6 sets of 3 reps and my bench has exploded over the past month.  Last workout I got up to 295 x 5 fairly well. just 2 months ago I could barely do 245 x 5 and I'm not exaggerating either. 

Anyone use Nike+? Well I just got done running here and it says that I burned 700 calories.
Is this real life?

Someone school me on an EC stack please? I know its Ephedra and Caffeine but what are the pros and cons? and where can I purchase?

I figure at least some dudes get this in this thread.

At the bar tonight and was forced to take the high road when this skinny guy with liquid courage was flexing trying to fight me strictly because I was bigger than him. Its just a lose lose scenario because if you clock him you look like the bad guy and if you don't fight him it gets you heated for not clocking him. Probably a good thing I only had a few drinks and my boy working the door intervened for me.

mad.gif

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Someone school me on an EC stack please? I know its Ephedra and Caffeine but what are the pros and cons? and where can I purchase?

Ephedra is illegal pimpin'

You're looking for ephedrine and yes you will lose weight, and sleep. 

Bronkaid and Caffine caps.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

hotnfit.com

There's an entire article about the EC stack, when to take it, the pros, everything you'd need there fam.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Have switched to full oly routine. Basically snatch/clean (hang/floor/blocks) /b. squat/f.squat/ clean/snatch  deads and pulls/ front/back jerks. 

Oh and bench once a week. The funny thing is I either do 3-4 sets of 5 reps or 5-6 sets of 3 reps and my bench has exploded over the past month.  Last workout I got up to 295 x 5 fairly well. just 2 months ago I could barely do 245 x 5 and I'm not exaggerating either. 
Rubbing it in?
laugh.gif

I should be starting Olifting in the fall. I'm planning on going to a workshop in May to get some introduction to it.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

I figure at least some dudes get this in this thread.

At the bar tonight and was forced to take the high road when this skinny guy with liquid courage was flexing trying to fight me strictly because I was bigger than him. Its just a lose lose scenario because if you clock him you look like the bad guy and if you don't fight him it gets you heated for not clocking him. Probably a good thing I only had a few drinks and my boy working the door intervened for me.

mad.gif

Early in my life I made a it a philosophy of mine to never hit someone in the face unless it's a life or death stitch
That kid had small man syndrome.... laugh in his face and belittle him further in front of his peers if he's gonna act like an idiot. 

probably half the dudes there could have knocked him out... but fighting aint alpha at all - we aren't cavemen anymore

back to IF for me... for now at least. I only stopped because of increased calories. wasn't manageable. but now I'm eating at maintenance.

I fast from 10pm-2pm... feels so good man. I can explain it.... forget the fact insulin is low and body fat is being consumed all day.. I feel lean and awake.. psychologically stimulated... plus there's no chance I'mma need to use the campus toilets 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Rubbing it in?
laugh.gif

I should be starting Olifting in the fall. I'm planning on going to a workshop in May to get some introduction to it.
I was banned for a month, come back, and the last 10 pages I read is all fluff. 
Lets get some real weight training back in here.
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]anyone know if 20 mins of "boxing" style jumproping is a even substitute for running 20 mins??[/color]

Back
Top Bottom