STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What do you fellas eat for healthy/lean in between meal snacks?
Peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, I used Ezekiel. Various fruits and veggies: carrots, strawberries, waiting for watermelon to be in season, celery sticks (I need Nutella or something to dip, cannot eat them raw for the life of me :lol: , low fat string cheese, handful of almonds, fat free Greek yogurt with nuts.

I'm considering a tuna sandwich, but need to look at the nutrition factors first.

When it comes down to it, we're essentially learning the "proper" way to collapse under weight. By definition it's not exactly safe. But we figure out tricks (or as we call it "form") to undercut all the risks.

Father Time eventually does bust everyone's balls. But we won't know until we individually get there. So yeah I wouldn't outright villanize someone who says that doing 10 different versions of leg presses might be risky. I think that's all he wanted to say.

Last edited:
Posting in here because that crossfit thread is very, very dead, but workout 14.4 is

14-minute AMRAP:

60 CALORIE ROW
50 TOES-TO-BAR
40 WALL BALLS (20m/14w)
30 CLEANS (135m/95w)
20 MUSCLE-UPS

This looks like fun. I am scaling to 95 pounds for the cleans and scaling down the muscle ups to chest to bar pullups

dawg joint is brutal....good luck to anyone trying to get through the MU's after doing everything else....dudes who competed when it was announced are not human, they actually got back on the rower....incredible...

How many times do you guys deadlift a week? I've heard once is enough but some people do it twice. I'm currently doing it once and its kicking my ***

Checking in again..started SL 5x5 12/16/13

I've missed 10 out the 42 total workouts due to business travels and sickness.  Have never Squatted, Deadlifted, and did very little bench before this program.  

175 Squat

225 DL

115 BP

115 OHP

Not impressive to you guys, I know..just tracking my progress.  I'm having a hard time with the 175 Squat and am probably going to need to deload, it feels like the world is on my back.  I don't know how you guys do 250+, that's crazy to me, but maybe some day I will get there.  DL's are super heavy as well, and OHP I can barely get up @ 115.

If you guys have any insight that would be cool.

Those kinda numbers missing workouts in only 3 months? Sounds good to me. I'm a very small guy though.

My numbers are very similar to yours. Your bench seems to be lagging behind everything else.

Mine is
Squat 170
Deadlifts 210
Bench 150
Ohp 110

Checking in again..started SL 5x5 12/16/13

I've missed 10 out the 42 total workouts due to business travels and sickness.  Have never Squatted, Deadlifted, and did very little bench before this program.  

175 Squat

225 DL

115 BP

115 OHP

Not impressive to you guys, I know..just tracking my progress.  I'm having a hard time with the 175 Squat and am probably going to need to deload, it feels like the world is on my back.  I don't know how you guys do 250+, that's crazy to me, but maybe some day I will get there.  DL's are super heavy as well, and OHP I can barely get up @ 115.

If you guys have any insight that would be cool.
Stay consistent, get some good rest, and most importantly EAT. I think Ive already said this but the various forms of 5x5 are meant for people in a caloric surplus or at least eating at maintenance.

We gon make it.

Last edited:
How many times do you guys deadlift a week? I've heard once is enough but some people do it twice. I'm currently doing it once and its kicking my ***
Started doing 2x a week to so I can try and hit my 5 plate goal by the end of the year.

Feels good! And it seems my strength is going up.

Current 1RM is 420

I DL heavy twice a month and deficit DL twice a month. Menaning, I DL once a week (either thursday or friday).

My 1RM is 415 (done last week)

Last edited:
Lemme ask the fitness nuts.

I have a girl that wants to really keep her stomach game flat.

She has a banging body right now, but is smart enough to realize that mother nature is undefeated. She can see 30 around the corner and can't get by on just being young and fly

Rump game is cool... And her overall shape is legit... But she wants to keep that stomach game flat.

She just told me she on some saran wrap around the stomach steez. I just :rolleyes because I don't think there's a quick fix.

She's willing TK workout, being an ex college athlete... But not too sure on how to target the mid section and keep the stomach sexy and flat.

Any advice?

I'm not a fitness nut... But I hoop hard a few times a week, and told her that diet is the main thing that controls weight and shape?

Am I right? Also, what can she do exercise wise to target that area?

Also... Is that saran wrap stiff legit?

She has a banging body right now, but is smart enough to realize that mother nature is undefeated. She can see 30 around the corner and can't get by on just being young and fly

Rump game is cool... And her overall shape is legit... But she wants to keep that stomach game flat.

She just told me she on some saran wrap around the stomach steez. I just :rolleyes because I don't think there's a quick fix.

She's willing TK workout, being an ex college athlete... But not too sure on how to target the mid section and keep the stomach sexy and flat.

Any advice?

I'm not a fitness nut... But I hoop hard a few times a week, and told her that diet is the main thing that controls weight and shape?

95 percent diet, 5 percent ab work.

Any advice?

i know chicks that do that saran wrap thing too. saran is like a moisture extractor. it pulls out the water. the fat is still there and as soon as they re-hydrate, they'll look the same. diet really is the only key.

that anticipation of standing over the bar about to lift something you have never done before
smokin.gif
This.

Dude's get mighty intimidated when they see me Deadlifting 4 plates no belt, no wraps, no chalk.

Any advice?

You can't spot reduce fat. If she's an ex college athlete she should have a good idea what she needs to do. That saran wrap stuff is just mimicing a corset. Diet and exercise will shed fat all around.

Started doing 2x a week to so I can try and hit my 5 plate goal by the end of the year.

Feels good! And it seems my strength is going up.

Current 1RM is 420
You can get on a routine that will have you close to that in 12 weeks or so.

Posting in here because that crossfit thread is very, very dead, but workout 14.4 is

14-minute AMRAP:

60 CALORIE ROW
50 TOES-TO-BAR
40 WALL BALLS (20m/14w)
30 CLEANS (135m/95w)
20 MUSCLE-UPS

This looks like fun. I am scaling to 95 pounds for the cleans and scaling down the muscle ups to chest to bar pullups

dawg joint is brutal....good luck to anyone trying to get through the MU's after doing everything else....dudes who competed when it was announced are not human, they actually got back on the rower....incredible...

Lol I only got to 5 wall balls. Ttb is a severe weakness.

Today is back day but since I was suppose to take this week off. I'm only going to do pull ups and cable rows.

Back
Top Bottom