STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Idk. I be lifting but am un-athletic as fuark.

I don't sled pushes or pull-ups will test it (since I can do both).

I guess what annoys me is that people like him love to see buff dudes (or people who lift in general) fail.

ppl would rather see a muscular man fail than succeed in physical activities other than lifting. its almost as if they're insecure about themselves so they need to make it up by challenging them to other things like aerobic exercise.

I guess what annoys me is that people like him love to see buff dudes (or people who lift in general) fail.

ppl would rather see a muscular man fail than succeed in physical activities other than lifting. its almost as if they're insecure about themselves so they need to make it up by challenging them to other things like aerobic exercise.

Performance is relative to the activity. I wouldn’t expect a powerlifter to be able to sprint or jump as fast or high as people who train those activities just like I wouldn’t expect those people to come put up 315 on bench or squat 405.

People have a misconception that muscles = you’re great at everything. The SAID principle exists for a reason. Tell him to come match you on your lifts and when he makes an excuse about that not being athletic, tell him to stop moving the goals posts, nut up and do it, or shut up.

Gonna start doing yoga a couple times a week.
Do any of you guys do yoga and lift in the same day or is yoga intense enough where it should be done on it's own?

So my friend keeps arguing how lifting is one dimensional and in no wY a form of athleticism and challenges me to sled pushes.

I say sure then challenge him to pull ups. Son says pull ups =/= athleticism

I swear ever since he started BJJ he thinks he’s some big shot ‍♂️♂️♂️

strength is not one dimensional. it’s needed in most aspects of sport. to be great at a sport you have to train for that sport. if you want to be a well rounded athlete you need to have a workout routine with a lot of variety. with that strength gain will be slower.

pull-ups are not a test of athleticism. especially when 90% of people don’t do full range of motion :lol:

Gonna start doing yoga a couple times a week.
Do any of you guys do yoga and lift in the same day or is yoga intense enough where it should be done on it's own?

I don’t but my buddy does both.

I know he won’t lift on the days where he goes crazy on the yoga, I think he does both though on the easier days.

Need to start working out . just turned 29 grew up skating and playing bball , used to be able to dunk one handed but this year I started feeling myself losing my athleticism .

Should I do p90x ? (Think it’s three months) or just do push-ups and squats with my own stretches for warm up ? I can do 50 push-ups straight , proper ones before I feel like jelly . Eventually can join some homies who lift at the gym but right now I want to get into my own regimen and stay dedicated for a couple months , getting my body back into shale before lifting

6’0 165

Need to start working out . just turned 29 grew up skating and playing bball , used to be able to dunk one handed but this year I started feeling myself losing my athleticism .

Should I do p90x ? (Think it’s three months) or just do push-ups and squats with my own stretches for warm up ? I can do 50 push-ups straight , proper ones before I feel like jelly . Eventually can join some homies who lift at the gym but right now I want to get into my own regimen and stay dedicated for a couple months , getting my body back into shale before lifting

6’0 165
Welcome.

6’0 165

got a pull up bar? used to do those religiously before i signed up for a gym.

with that said, im throwing in weighted ring pullups and weighted dips back into my workouts.

I’m the same but sometimes the gym plays some :sick: stuff and has me wishing I had my own music on to block it out :lol:

:lol: I zone it out but the other day this old head turns on the radio. He has this one random station on at first, you know regular top 40 BS. Then he switches to a next one, man it was some mtv unplugged type **** of some Irish guy playing the guitar. :rofl:

Thanks G

Yeah I got a pull up bar -

Any recommendations for sets x reps ? (For push-ups / pull-ups / squats)

i used to do them till failure for 3-5 sets lol. rested as long as I wanted.

do a set, use the computer, then come back and do another one lol.

6’0 165

Just hit the gym papi. Why lift at home like a prisoner?

You’ll have way more fun than doing push-ups and pull ups.

Do strong lifts 5x5 and do the push ups and pull ups on the side if you want. Eat plenty and make gains.

Just hit the gym papi. Why lift at home like a prisoner?

You’ll have way more fun than doing push-ups and pull ups.

Do strong lifts 5x5 and do the push ups and pull ups on the side if you want. Eat plenty and make gains.

Remember, most gym newbies find the gym intimidating when they first start. That's what this sounds like to me.

Doing push-ups and pull-ups will do very little to get you a decent physique. Brb not working many major muscle groups, including legs.

Back
Top Bottom