STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just finished a six week training block.

Made some good progress on my core lifts.

DF7213BE-C571-4E7B-9F73-C8F58430CF73.jpeg

What's a good do it all lifting sneaker that can allow for short warm up runs. Reebok Crossfit Nano? Metcon?
I personally didn't like the metcons for running, they were fine for lifting. but even just doing treadmill and bike i felt uncomfortable

I'd check out the Nobull shoes

I personally didn't like the metcons for running, they were fine for lifting. but even just doing treadmill and bike i felt uncomfortable

I'd check out the Nobull shoes

Thanks. Only thing that concerns me is that I have narrow feet, and folks seems to be saying that the Nano/Nobull have a large toebox.

Thanks. Only thing that concerns me is that I have narrow feet, and folks seems to be saying that the Nano/Nobull have a large toebox.
idk about the newer metcons but the metcon 2s had a large toebox as well.
I think they all do and theyre designed that way for abreason. But i could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

i have narrow feet too and metcons are
fine. nanos a similar but have a slightly wider toe box

Anyone know a good tasting vegan protein powder? I tried myprotein vegan blend and it was literally one of the worst things I've ever ingested :lol: consistency was terrible too

Anyone know a good tasting vegan protein powder? I tried myprotein vegan blend and it was literally one of the worst things I've ever ingested :lol: consistency was terrible too

Ambrosia Planta. The maple French toast flavor

Never tried it but I heard it’s good in terms of being a vegan protein powder

Last edited:

TrueNutrition got plant based protein powders that taste fine to me.

I go with a custom 70:30 mix of pea to rice protein with added vanilla flavor.

I just mix it with water alone.

Anybody messed with Wendler 531??

I need to start running some programs cause my strength has gone to **** the last couple years.

I gotta say I was schleep in lulu.

Just copped some pants and shorts from there. I gave up on jeans a long time ago. Even the athletic cuts fit like trash.

Copped some abc slim pants and shorts. They fit perfect and have free hemming on length.

The lady said they test their fit on hockey player and cross fit bros so it makes sense.

Anybody messed with Wendler 531??

I need to start running some programs cause my strength has gone to **** the last couple years.

I have for the better part of the last 3 1/2 years. AMA.

I ran 5 3 1. I made gainz until about 6 months in.

It’s not enough volume for me.

Maybe you coulda kept going if you added more volume? I always felt the vanilla templates were always uber-low volume-wise.

Yeah I think I could have. Tbh I was bored of it too so I just got a program written for me by my friend.

I ran 5 3 1. I made gainz until about 6 months in.

It’s not enough volume for me.

Yeah volume does look mad low...

I must just try basic game 5 x 5 to start out.

I think doing cardio (running + boxing approx 40 mins) pre lifting has put a dent in my already modest numbers.

That and some structural issues.

Is there much point to lifting when you're just maintaining? I basically been doing this for years, I can't stand the "bulking" phase even if it's a lean bulk. Hate feeling puffy and pudgy but also getting tired of spinning wheels

Is there much point to lifting when you're just maintaining? I basically been doing this for years, I can't stand the "bulking" phase even if it's a lean bulk. Hate feeling puffy and pudgy but also getting tired of spinning wheels

You can build strength on a caloric maintenance and even a deficit (relative strength usually).

Strength and muscle also go hand in hand so to answer your question, yes.

Been feeling sick so today’s workout was brutal.

Squat: 285 4x6
Pause bench: 215 4x6
Deadlift: 355 3x4

Yeah volume does look mad low...

I must just try basic game 5 x 5 to start out.

I take it you and mplsdunk mplsdunk haven't read Wendler's books? The reason I ask is that there are endless ways to modify 5/3/1 to be higher volume, either author-endorsed or not.

If you get your info from what you read online (like the T-Nation article), then I could really see why you'd say that.

FWIW, all of my programming when not running Squat Erryday is based on 5/3/1 and nobody has ever accused it of being "low-volume".

Back
Top Bottom