STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Powdered chalk + liquid chalk + hook grip + pre-workout has me breaking base records.
1648167529474.png

I can’t hit a pr with hook grip because I’m a ho.

**** hurts man. :lol:

while i understand the benefit(s) of wearing a belt, i’m still learning to create that pressure/stability naturally

:nerd:

While core strength is a thing, you cannot create that pressure of giving your abs something to push up against naturally.

Regular intra-abdominal pressure is not the same thing as knowing how to brace and wearing a belt.

Chalk+ mixed grip is undefeated for me.

Idc about muscle imbalances or none of that.

i definitely worry about the imbalance thing, to the point i had to switch my grip every rep because before that i would always forget which grip i used when i was switching every set 😅

:nerd:

While core strength is a thing, you cannot create that pressure of giving your abs something to push up against naturally.

Regular intra-abdominal pressure is not the same thing as knowing how to brace and wearing a belt.

yea i stand corrected on that, better put i rather put that energy in building that stability than using a belt & getting used to pushing against it

The two are not mutually exclusive and a belted squat will always be stronger, but to each his own.
1648176037861.png

the in-line images are comedy! a few people at the gym have actually recommended that if i wanted to put more weight on the bar for squats i didn’t have to go past parallel & get a belt but my primary goal was to increase mobility i’m cool with the slow grind as far as increasing my squat…plus increased weight equals increased risk(s)

the in-line images are comedy! a few people at the gym have actually recommended that if i wanted to put more weight on the bar for squats i didn’t have to go past parallel & get a belt but my primary goal was to increase mobility i’m cool with the slow grind as far as increasing my squat…plus increased weight equals increased risk(s)

I mean I squat more than most people in the gym and I've posted in here how my squat has gotten too low (low-bar is ATG), so I don't know if mobility has anything to do with wearing a belt or lifting heavier weights.

I've noticed when I cut my ROM to just below parallel it's a lot easier to pop out of the hole but it takes more focus than my default squat depth. Other lifters comment on my hip mobility all the time so idk. :blush:

As long as you're where you want to be (or on the way there), keep doing what you're doing.

And stay away from that basmati rice.
1648177551791.png

I mean I squat more than most people in the gym and I've posted in here how my squat has gotten too low (low-bar is ATG), so I don't know if mobility has anything to do with wearing a belt or lifting heavier weights.

I've noticed when I cut my ROM to just below parallel it's a lot easier to pop out of the hole but it takes more focus than my default squat depth. Other lifters comment on my hip mobility all the time so idk. :blush:

As long as you're where you want to be (or on the way there), keep doing what you're doing.

And stay away from that basmati rice.
1648177551791.png

nah, not necessarily related but people i’ve asked about belts always mention the ability to lift more a feeling more stable…squatting atg has improved my ankle mobility, i have relatively long limbs so keeping upright & controlling butt wink at depth without elevated heels is tough for me. if i can eventually, i’m getting close, consistently hit a 2x bodyweight squat i’ll be happy

coincidentally, definitely bought a bag of basmati rice today 😂😂😂

that rice is gonna have you hit a pr dude.

as far as belts go I don't always use one but they help me for sure. I can get damn close to my max without one though.

Hard day today, mentally.

Got into a convo with some dude about white rice m.. I grew up on white rice and eat it daily in small amounts to get my carbs. He just had to tell me how bad white rice is and how brown rice is much better and all that. My view was that white rice isn’t horrible for you, it’s mostly bad for you when done in excess, as are a lot of foods in this world. I like rice as a consistent carb in my diet, it’s simple and doesn’t have added ingredients really like bread, pasta, etc. Plus it’s a comfort thing having grown up eating it.

Here I was thinking I’m doing as much right as I realistically can to balance a happy/livable lifestyle during my cut.. now I feel like an idiot who can’t do s*** right. Like I have no clue what I’m doing.

I know I’m overreacting but goddamn man. I’ve lost 60lbs in the last 9 months, and in 1 day a bad convo has my depression is kicking up and I’m doubting myself and this entire journey I’m on. Legit was thinking to myself I should just quit wth am I even doing if I’m eating a terrible food every day and just ruining my body anyways, even when I’m trying to turn things around.
white rice has been there for thousands of years. all this b.s. about rice being unhealthy is clearly misinformation and a drive for food alternative which can be costly and unhealthy as well. they are the same as those doctors casting doubts about covid and vaccines so I understand that there is a motive along the line. my 2 cents regarding the matter is that white rice is safe. as any other food, it can be unsafe when eaten in super-size quantities. point is, eat in moderation. I understand the fact that people struggle with the health and diet but finger pointing at white rice as the culprit doesn't solve the problem. can we also blame white sugar now as well? how about alcohol?

went bowling the other day and my back flared up again. could use some belt for now while I'm recovering and lifting. going for a physio appointment in a few days and receive some treatment. also, bought these Metcon 6 Amps yesterday at the outlet. was contemplating some Metcon 4s and 5s special edition as well but my budget was quite limited. besides, I was looking for a really good deal with those Amps and it's the only pair available and in my size.

Attachments

• Amp.jpg
    Amp.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 39
anybody need a free belt? i got a new one and am getting rid of my old one. still in good condition just needs a cleaning. it’s a medium 2pood straight belt. it’s velcro but locks in place and won’t come loose

A9D1C2E9-C9C0-454F-BB09-ED341B140748.jpeg
F927F8FD-B1F2-4929-94C0-6AACCA0601BD.jpeg

here’s the site for sizing info

Back
Top Bottom