STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

^^ Craze forsure.. Just try to avoid taking it after 8 pm. I would take it after I got off work, and would stay up mad late.

I can do 225 easy without the smith machine and at the gym I workout that's all they have...yea I know planet fitness sucks but for 10 bucks a month can't beat it

I can do 225 easy without the smith machine and at the gym I workout that's all they have...yea I know planet fitness sucks but for 10 bucks a month can't beat it

What results are you expecting to see

I know results don't happen overnight - I just don't see much change in them. It's more a feeling thing tbh. It's not a big deal since I've been focusing more on bench, squats, deadlifts and military press but it's probably the only body part/lift where I'm not happy with my progress so far. I'm gonna give my core a break tomorrow so I want to isolate the biceps.

those are solid workout, if you are also doing your back you are hitting them enough. maybe your bi-ceps in general dont respond well or genetics?

That might be true but before I chalk it up to genetics, I want to make sure I go as hard as possible + try different things. I'm sure my routine is the problem and not my genetics.

I'll add in preacher curls tomorrow + pull ups. Also I'm going to emphasize rows more on pull day. Thanks guys.

thinking about getting a pre workout. Which one do yall recommend???  Damb i want a burger sooo badddddddddd...... i need to be active in this thread.. i miss so much.

I like Musclepharm Assault - Good clean energy and no crash or bad sides you get from some Pre-workouts, Tastes nice to

Just came off the Jekyll / Hyde stack, That was good but prefer Assault

Just ordered some ON Gold Standard from the vitaminshop deal. Got 5lbs for $43 of double rich chocolate.

Just out of curiosity do you guys do protein before and after workouts? or just after.

Probably gonna grab a tub of Natural Whey later, although I've been avoiding most supps all together as of late. Keep it on standby just incase.

thinking about getting a pre workout. Which one do yall recommend???  Damb i want a burger sooo badddddddddd...... i need to be active in this thread.. i miss so much.

Used to used Jack3d. Don't use it anymore because it tastes awful and made me feel really weird. I'd say go for C4. Heard nothing but good things.

Before i use more carbohydrates than after. Seems to work for me. More energy to lift compared to when i just drank post workout shake.

squatted 325 on the smith machine today..i guess that counts

Smith Machine = limits range of motion

It's basically telling your body how to lift weight. Pretty unnatural and doesn't allow your body to utilize stabilizing muscles as much. You'd be better off working on form and going lighter than maxing out on a smith. My opinion. This goes for a lot of machines.

Last edited:

It's basically telling your body how to lift weight. Pretty unnatural and doesn't allow your body to utilize stabilizing muscles as much. You'd be better off working on form and going lighter than maxing out on a smith. My opinion. This goes for a lot of machines.

Does anyone read? The guy doesn't have access to a squat rack, only a smith machine.

Does anyone read? The guy doesn't have access to a squat rack, only a smith machine.
:lol:

leg day. gonna go hard. just the basic movements. lots of squats lots of lunges.
Just demolished mine....was limping out the place 
laugh.gif

A guy I know at my gym came up to me while I was squatting and asked me why I did such low reps, I had just told him I did a couple of singles and triples. I told him I was training for strength, he precedes to tell me that its scientifically proven that 4-5 reps is as low as your should go when strength training and it will help your body out in the long run. Does anyone agree with this? I usually do a 5x5 but have been doing some triples and singles lately just to see how high I can go.

leg day. gonna go hard. just the basic movements. lots of squats lots of lunges.
Just demolished mine....was limping out the place :lol:

A guy I know at my gym came up to me while I was squatting and asked me why I did such low reps, I had just told him I did a couple of singles and triples. I told him I was training for strength, he precedes to tell me that its scientifically proven that 4-5 reps is as low as your should go when strength training and it will help your body out in the long run. Does anyone agree with this? I usually do a 5x5 but have been doing some triples and singles lately just to see how high I can go.

Not too sure about this would like to know as well....but for me personally i don't understand how to get up to 4-5 reps without increasing weight. It just doesn't make sense. If i squat say 315lbs now. I can do that 4-5 times. Then i say ok i think i can do more now that i have that down. I add 20lbs. Then i do 335lbs...but i can't get to 4-5 reps yet....so i do one or two. Then the next time i do 2 or 3...then the next time i do 3 or 4.....like at some point you can't just do 4-5 reps. You have to work to it. Am i supposed to keep doing 315lb until i can get like 15 reps so when i step up in weight i should be able to get to the 4-5 reps easier?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom