STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just lift, man. You are not going to gain weight if you are lifting and are on a proper diet.
Weight training is great for fat loss.

ok ill just lift then since i hate cardio. did strong lifts for 1 month but things started getting kinda heavy and i opted to wait a month to cop a squat rack, aug 1 ill be back at it.

and yea i do like to eat. my dads a chef. foods delicious man. ill check out leangains thanks :smokin

ok ill just lift then since i hate cardio. did strong lifts for 1 month but things started getting kinda heavy and i opted to wait a month to cop a squat rack, aug 1 ill be back at it.

and yea i do like to eat. my dads a chef. foods delicious man. ill check out leangains thanks :smokin

if you hate cardio I would suggest something like HIIT then. Basically shortens the time as long as you bust your ***. Tough but if you want results then give it a try

10 mins HIIT > 20+ mins low intensity ellipitcal

if you hate cardio I would suggest something like HIIT then. Basically shortens the time as long as you bust your ***. Tough but if you want results then give it a try
10 mins HIIT > 20+ mins low intensity ellipitcal

yeah I had great results with HIIT bout 2 yrs ago, but it is tough on my lungs(asthma). I would have to build up my cardio.
does daily lifting + cardio get you faster results than doing just heavy lifting or just cardio?

Dieting is so key. So key.
Specially carbs :x
You are dead on man, diet is key. Most people really dont know how many cals they consume in an avg day or tend to underestimate in my observations

But I don't know I think carbs get knocked because they tend to hold water weight, and that's true but its temporary. Water weight =/= fat gain, although it might look like it and because it looks like it we assume carbs make us "fat"

at the end of the day its Calories in vs Calories out.

Your body will spend more energy digesting certain foods but at the end of the day its that simple equation.

yeah I had great results with HIIT bout 2 yrs ago, but it is tough on my lungs(asthma). I would have to build up my cardio.
does daily lifting + cardio get you faster results than doing just heavy lifting or just cardio?

Yes I would say so because your going to expend energy lifting and then again while doing cardio. Reap the hormonal benefits of lifting then get your heart rate up with some cardio

Also regarding leangains, fasting isn't for everyone but its also a way to see how much broscience is out there and that you don't need to eat every 2 hours to 'stoke' your metabolism, or eat protein every 2 hours to maintain your muscle mass. You can lift on an empty stomach and still record PR's. Your body is very efficient at using fat as a fuel source, that's why its 9 cals a gram or whatever, its meant for energy. Your body will use fat/carbs over muscle because its not very efficient for the body to begin breaking muscles/proteins down to convert into energy.

Last edited:
While everyone's genetic make up is diff't, the most important thing is to KNOW YOUR BODY's REACTION. But it comes down to intake and outtake. Watching calories, eatting well, and having rest and exercise is what you need.

Ultimately, it's a LIFESTYLE change.

I just eat about 1 - 10grams of carb per day, pretty much an all protein diet.

Following a keto diet I am never hungry or ever craving, I dont count calories but since I eat only like once or twice and its pretty much all protein it ends up being pretty low calorie as well.

I've done 1200 calorie diets in the past with great success and I had plan to do that before I heard about keto, it definitely works but it never solved the craving issue and I never knew how good I can feel till my body got into the state of ketosis.

I also work out extremly hard,

1hr on the elliptical
32 steps of stairs x20 (outdoor public park)
1hr of basketball (mainly just running and shooting)
30 mins elliptical
10 mins Boxing sparring, (Punching while moving, great for foot work)

I do this for 5 days a week.

Keto does make you feel a little weaker than when you have stored glycogen in your muscle, so I break up my exercises and rest a bit before the next one.

I just eat about 1 - 10grams of carb per day, pretty much an all protein diet.
Following a keto diet I am never hungry or ever craving, I dont count calories but since I eat only like once or twice and its pretty much all protein it ends up being pretty low calorie as well.
I've done 1200 calorie diets in the past with great success and I had plan to do that before I heard about keto, it definitely works but it never solved the craving issue and I never knew how good I can feel till my body got into the state of ketosis.
I also work out extremly hard,
1hr on the elliptical
32 steps of stairs x20 (outdoor public park)
1hr of basketball (mainly just running and shooting)
30 mins elliptical
10 mins Boxing sparring, (Punching while moving, great for foot work)
I do this for 5 days a week.
Keto does make you feel a little weaker than when you have stored glycogen in your muscle, so I break up my exercises and rest a bit before the next one.

Lol at 1200 cals per day along with intense cardio. Are you a girl? No way you were getting your macros in with 1200 cals. Deprivation

Ok, so after seeing that Nike ad, and being a victim to that saying day after day telling myself "Monday we'll start back working out" being in Vegas it's hot as he'll, I use to get up 6am and take my dog for a 5mile walk, started adding tae-Bo and weight lifting. Then fell into a slump, now I'm looking to get back into the swing of things since my weight is the most it's ever been and I need to shed pounds NOW. I will be goin to be community gym in about 3 hrs, what kinds of diets, workouts, protein/calorie/carb intake is good for me? I'm about 6''2 320. Want to slim it to 220-250

Anybody try INSANITY on here?

I made a thread on it, not sure if was brought to here though.

But I did that last year, it's great man! Gets you back in shape, increases your endurance, cardio, stamina, muscular strengths and flexibility.

But I'm done with that now, thinking about trying Tap Out XT next.

Always in this thread but never post in it. Ever since going to the gym my mindset has completely changed. If you put everything you have into your workout and give yourself no excuses, over time this dedication and positivity that you can accomplish what you set your mind to rubs off into your everyday life. I go to the gym 4 times a week and never miss a day I planned on going, I will literally drop my plans to make it to the gym unless it's work. I eat healthier, upped my calories to 3000 a day and I am constantly researching more and more about how I can increase my health. Steady gains and I've never felt better mentally and physically in my entire life. Currently 175lbs and can't wait until I make my goal of 200lbs. Wish the best of luck to my nt brethren on your goals too :smokin

Just went on a nice hour job strapped with 15lb ankle weights and 7lb hand weights extra clothes to sweat it out, pushing for 2 a days tomorrow with weight lifting added. Thanks for the motivation NT, much needed.

Don't get used to jogging with ankle weights bro... Bad for your knees!

If you want to sweat, pursue HIIT. What I do when I take a jog in the city, whenever I feel like stopping to rest, I would have to sprint as fast as I can before I can stop.

Or whenever I get tired, I make sure to aim for a distance or time limit and sprint as fast as I can until I reach that point or time limit.

Thank you, being a big dude bad knees is already in near future if I don't do something, and old football injuries. I usually use them for when I walk, but I decided to jog because I'm too young to be just walking. Quitting the blunts too, if I smoke herb it will be out the bong and not as much. I like the sprint idea, funny thing is I always subconsciously set myself goal points, and tonight I didn't sprint but jogged faster to get to that cool down point. Appreciate all help, supplements, diets etc. My family is full of big people so I'm trying to break that trend. GranDad was 6'6 280, uncle 6'8 320. I don't have that height to stretch it out, so I have to tone it up and slim down.

Go to your nearest vitamin store and purchase a bottle of Glucosamine. Great for your joints, and maybe a bottle of Collagen, great for rebuilding tissues.

I may be wrong but aren't fish oils good for joints as well? Or is that just a certain brand with additives that has positives for joints?

---

Made me a protein shake:

Banana
2 Scoops ON Whey
1.5 Cup of 2% Milk

:pimp:

Any good fat burners recommended? My brother says OxyElite Pro is good stuff

I've heard a lot of good things about that.

Personally, I don't use fat burners. When I tried the samples from GNC, I felt nauseus all day. They do help but it's nothing a diet can't do as well.

Any good fat burners recommended? My brother says OxyElite Pro is good stuff

The best fat burner is a good diet. People underestimate the effects the stuff you put in your body has. Hard work in the gym and a dedicated diet will get you the results you want.

How far are you willing to go to get what you want? Thats what it all comes down to.

I may be wrong but aren't fish oils good for joints as well? Or is that just a certain brand with additives that has positives for joints?
---
Made me a protein shake:
Banana
2 Scoops ON Whey
1.5 Cup of 2% Milk
:pimp:

Be careful of how much protein you consume in one sitting. The average human's body processes about 5-8 grams an hour. Over eating protein can lead to increased body fat and/or added strain on your kidneys. Also, be mindful of how much milk your consuming. The casein(the main protein in milk) processes a lot slower than whey. So unless your bulking, try to not have more than a glass of milk a day.(also has a lot of sugar)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom