STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Did Gethin 4 week dtp today

Leg workout was crazy. Had me sweating like I played ball for hours with no rest haha

Just crushed a whole pack in one sitting. Talk about no self control.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

deadlifted a new high sunday 325 lol. Lucky up there saying he kept it light at 315 lol.

Anyone else close their eyes for a lot of stuff when working out. I feel like everyone looks at me like im crazy but i seem to concentrate better with my eyes closed some times.

I fail miserably at eating healthy on weekends. Got to try harder was finally getting to see more definition in my abs like i wanted.....then ate 4 slices of pizza last night...

500m row
12 reps deadlift BW
21 30" box jumps

Repeat 3 times no breaks, did mines @ 14:50

My heart wanted to explode bros, I recommend you guys try this work out @ your gym.

500m row
12 reps deadlift BW
21 30" box jumps

Repeat 3 times no breaks, did mines @ 14:50

My heart wanted to explode bros, I recommend you guys try this work out @ your gym.

:smokin good **** K, once I get my moneys right i'll be joining you to switch things up a bit

:smokin good **** K, once I get my moneys right i'll be joining you to switch things up a bit

I dunno if it's my mind messing with me, but I feel like my BF% is dropping, I wish I had measured it 4 weeks ago, but I feel my handles slowly going away :smile:

One WOD and the AMRAP keeps you entertained, so different tan targeting specific muscles on specific days, I know you see the gains with lifting, not taking anything away from it, but working out in a group and attacking multiple large muscle groups at once really has me feeling better about myself, I feel like canceling my gym membership, but is only 20$ a month...lol

Some people don't have the luxury of sleep bruhs...lol

I work nights, trying to regulate my sleep is IMPOSSIBLE....I'll be lucky I get in 5 uninterrupted hours.

Bro

I knock out at 8-9 to get up at 430, making it to the gym as it opens at 5am. What sucks is, trying to regulate my fluid intake, allowing myself to sleep through the night uninterrupted because if I don't and do have to get up in the middle of sleep to take a leak it's over for my sleep. For example, yesterday I got up at 230a to take a bathroom visit, and I was up the rest of the time, just laying there :smh: :smh:

First time posting in this thread, motivation level is at 100%! Last year I went hard in the gym for three months, went from 215 to 180, then pretty much gave up on it. I haven't dieted, or worked out since tbh. I've been going out with my girl, drinking, and my laziness went through the roof.

Today marks my third day back on my diet, hitting the gym today to hit chest/biceps. I think I'm around 195 right now, so my goal for this time next month is to be around 180-185. Egg whites, veggie burgers (all protein), chicken, cottage cheese, tilapia, broccoli, tuna, and spinach usually make up the majority of my diet, with some more fruits and vegetables.

Any advice on my split.

Day 1 - chest/biceps
Day 2 - legs
Day 3 - back
Day 4 - shoulders/triceps
Day 5 - upper body

Yeah sleep is as important as anything else, is just hard...I can't go to sleep before midnight for the life of me on my nights off, when I get home from work @ 8am I can't sleep passed noon...so yeah...

:\

ON Serious Mass .. just ordered a bag of it. Is it the truth fambs? I've heard some good things, but I know the NT famb will tell the truth (hopefully). 

So crossfit is about timing?

Well you have a WOD which is not time based, it's usually done after a pretty good 15 minute warm up, the WOD is usually something like a snatch balance, sumo DL, Overhead squats and trust me guys, our coach is big on form ad makes sure everyone gets it right...you do something like 6-5-5-4-4-4-3-3-1 and you keep goin up on weight, the rep count varied per exercise though, generally the WOD targets many muscle groups at once and this takes about 20 minutes, theeeennb you do your time based AMRAP, this is what kicks your A** it varies sometimes the clock is set for 8 minutes sometimes for 15 and you pretty much do 3-4 exersises and ALOT of times it includes the WOD as one, so say your WOD is 6-5-5-4-4-3-3-1 reps of overhead squats (115lbs) your AMRAP would be (10 OHS, 5 pull-ups, 15 boxjumps), (15 OHS, 10pullups, 20 box jumps), (20 OHS, 15 pull-ups, 25 box jumps), keep repeating and increasing for as much as you can within the allowed time say 12 minutes, no breaks. Then you tally up your score.

Towards the 3rd set of an AMRAP form begins to fail and people focus more on the reps, depending on your coach though, he won't allow it, if my coach catches you slipping up on form, hell make you start over with the excersice.

What I concluded from crossfit is that is a very past paced routine in which you don't target specific muscle groups but rather focus on multiple muscle groups at once and what I notice is ALOT of it revolves around squats, that's the basis for almost every WOD.

ON Serious Mass .. just ordered a bag of it. Is it the truth fambs? I've heard some good things, but I know the NT famb will tell the truth (hopefully). 

I'll repost what i've said a few times regarding gainers.

Don't waste money on gainers...unless you have that much disposable (literally) income.

All they have is crummy cheap oats, and charge so much for it its funny. Make your own "gainer", toss a scoop or two of your favorite protein, a half cup oats, banana - or half, milk, and proceed to profit.

Last edited:
Well you have a WOD which is not time based, it's usually done after a pretty good 15 minute warm up, the WOD is usually something like a snatch balance, sumo DL, Overhead squats and trust me guys, our coach is big on form ad makes sure everyone gets it right...you do something like 6-5-5-4-4-4-3-3-1 and you keep goin up on weight, the rep count varied per exercise though, generally the WOD targets many muscle groups at once and this takes about 20 minutes, theeeennb you do your time based AMRAP, this is what kicks your A** it varies sometimes the clock is set for 8 minutes sometimes for 15 and you pretty much do 3-4 exersises and ALOT of times it includes the WOD as one, so say your WOD is 6-5-5-4-4-3-3-1 reps of overhead squats (115lbs) your AMRAP would be (10 OHS, 5 pull-ups, 15 boxjumps), (15 OHS, 10pullups, 20 box jumps), (20 OHS, 15 pull-ups, 25 box jumps), keep repeating and increasing for as much as you can within the allowed time say 12 minutes, no breaks. Then you tally up your score.

Towards the 3rd set of an AMRAP form begins to fail and people focus more on the reps, depending on your coach though, he won't allow it, if my coach catches you slipping up on form, hell make you start over with the excersice.

What I concluded from crossfit is that is a very past paced routine in which you don't target specific muscle groups but rather focus on multiple muscle groups at once and what I notice is ALOT of it revolves around squats, that's the basis for almost every WOD.
Co-sign. I did a WOD with kettlebell swings and wall balls last week that i am still trying to recover from. At the time i thought it would target my shoulders and back but my arms are killing too. 

I think lots it done with squats and hips. My coach walks around saying lift with your legs and pop/thrust your hips. Form is what i focus on the most cause if my form is right, the weight will be easier to hit. I wouldn't say crossfit is about timing, but more of what you can and how much you can do in that time. 

Back
Top Bottom