STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I was talking to Jeremy Hamilton on some other forum and he said he might drop to 198 as well. Guess nobody wants to compete with dan green anymore at 220 lol.
Those weigh in weights are pointless tho, DG cuts like 20lbs or so and ends up being 240 by the time he hits the platform for 225 class lol

2hr weigh ins are legit but thats for the USAPL and they drug test so nobodies about that life lol

Last edited:

Those weigh in weights are pointless tho, DG cuts like 20lbs or so and ends up being 240 by the time he hits the platform for 225 class lol

2hr weigh ins are legit but thats for the USAPL and they drug test so nobodies about that life lol
agreed. jeremy said dan looked extremely drained and pale as a ghost after the weigh ins and thought there was no way that man was in condition to lift the next day....

indifferent.gif

Last edited:

agreed. jeremy said dan looked extremely drained and pale as a ghost after the weigh ins and thought there was no way that man was in condition to lift the next day....

indifferent.gif

LOL dat dere water manipulation on top of dat dere...

But hey if its not against the rules then you gotta do what you gotta do. 

just read through the past 3 pages... i'll try 5x5. Doing 10 reps is really hard for squats, but for bench press, it seems a lot more manageable.

My goal is to lose a significant amount of weight (I'm 5'5 185 lol), but my diet is pretty bad, and I sporadically do cardio. Hoping by end of year I'm at 150 lbs.

Watched a video from Jim Stoppani.. I think thats how you spell it.

He pretty much said taking creatine pre and post workout is better than taking before, or after solely.

Also said that you should be taking a fast acting carb with creatine, because it "draws" it into the muscle.

timing doesnt matter but i have heard the carb thing before

Jim Stoppani is a smart dude, one of the best in BB when it comes out workouts and information IMO

For my supplement takers i have a question. I have my whey, casein, pre workout, multi's, glutamine tabs, CLA tabs. Is there anything else I need or am missing? Goal is to lose weight and gain lean muscle.

Any suggestions or advice. Thxs in advance

For my supplement takers i have a question. I have my whey, casein, pre workout, multi's, glutamine tabs, CLA tabs. Is there anything else I need or am missing? Goal is to lose weight and gain lean muscle.

Them supplements are fine, Try and concentrate on food sources of Protein though where you can rather then Shakes

Them supplements are fine, Try and concentrate on food sources of Protein though where you can rather then Shakes
Really? 

*sigh*

I find eating the amount of protein i should be having (1g per lb right?) to be a monstrous amount of food so I supplement with shakes

Really? 
*sigh*
I find eating the amount of protein i should be having (1g per lb right?) to be a monstrous amount of food so I supplement with shakes

Don't get me wrong, Shakes are a good way to supplement a diet and get the Protein macros in, But the reason food proteins are better is that the minerals they contain and Amino Acids etc are better for the body and hormonal balance

Really? 
*sigh*

Nothing wrong with supplementing with shakes...

Just don't make it your main source of protein.

sweet jesus SL 5x5 is killing me...well actually, doing squats three days a week is the killer

Make sure your getting enough sleep, also getting enough food in is key as well. 
sleep is good.

food intake, not so much.  Yesterday I probably only took in at most 1500 calories.  I'm about 15lbs overweight so I don't want to overeat.  How much does under eating affect my lifts?  If I were to take in twice as many calories yesterday, would I have had a better session in the gym this morning?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone take Glyco-Ject? It is a pre-workout without Caffeine. My main question is does anyone take it and also take a sup like C4 or another preworkout containing caffeine

Just tried crossfit for the first time. It was ok.

I went with my mom and aunt, they belong to a box.

Workout was intense and there were no elitist douchebags.

I'm doing it again on Monday because I'm home for the weekend. I wouldn't make it a regular thing, but I do think it's a good idea to incorporate some elements of crossfit into workouts some days of the week.

With that said, time for some chipotle :pimp:

sleep is good.
food intake, not so much.  Yesterday I probably only took in at most 1500 calories.  I'm about 15lbs overweight so I don't want to overeat.  How much does under eating affect my lifts?  If I were to take in twice as many calories yesterday, would I have had a better session in the gym this morning?  
Probably. What do you think your maintenance level is? 1500 seems really low. Search Starvening on YouTube and watch the Jason Genova video on eating 1500 a day. Should offer some perspective

Back
Top Bottom