STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

:x @ doing 30 rep deadlifts at 315, then doing 35 @ 365, I would throw up.

Unless I'm reading that incorrectly and it's 35 reps overall including the previous weights

Honestly majority of people won't even hit those numbers. Most people are flaming out at the 115-140 rep range (275 DL). The elite CF'ers will reach 315-365 DL pulls. Managed to hit 100 even. I was gassed. I'll give a go Monday once again. Want to finish the 25 pulls @275.

Need to revamp my training split on my next bulk. Chest, back, and hamstrings are lagging, so I'll train those twice a week.

I'm still kinda lost on how to go about programming. I know my nutrition needs work. I underestimate my metabolism, I'm pretty sure.

For those that do Chest, and such twice a week, do you have a strength day along with a hypertrophy day?

I did that with chest last seek in a sense.

Did 5x5 heavy weights for bench and then later in the week did high reps, moderate weight.

Need to revamp my training split on my next bulk. Chest, back, and hamstrings are lagging, so I'll train those twice a week.

I'm still kinda lost on how to go about programming. I know my nutrition needs work. I underestimate my metabolism, I'm pretty sure.

For those that do Chest, and such twice a week, do you have a strength day along with a hypertrophy day?

I did that with chest last seek in a sense.

Did 5x5 heavy weights for bench and then later in the week did high reps, moderate weight.

That's what I'm thinking. Just not sure if I should do a 5x5, or other low rep style for all the pressing on the heavy day though.

I was arm wrestling a while ago (terrible idea, I know) and the person I was going against decided it would be a good idea to use his other arm to avoid losing. I didn't feel anything when it happened but for a couple weeks now my bicep has been feeling really weak and it hurts if I lift or play ball for more than like half an hr. From what I read online it looks like it might be a partial/minor tear, anyone ever experience something like this? It feels fine for regular day to day activities btw

Yeah I had the same happen to my bicep first day in the gym like 8 months ago, lifted too much weight and had a tear in my left bicep, swole up badly for about a week :smh: . it gets a little stiff when I work out upper body and the bicep/tricep expands, no pain just stiffness/tension. In my case It has to do with the 1 of the 3 nerves that go through the arm/bicep, one goes through the center of the bicep and I had a lot of scar tissue from the tear around that nerve, that was causing the inflammation/swelling that makes it feel stiff.

Same thing I can do daily activities perfectly normal, I saw my Dr. and she forwarded me to Physical Therapy, they did an eval and told me to do certain stretches/positions after working out. You should probably do an eval and that way your PT can recommend what you need to do to heal the muscle/nerves properly.

hope that helps, also for now probably want to avoid doing any bicep curls until you've seen a PT.

Last edited:
315 30 reps then 365 for 35 MORE reps?

Im reading this wrong right? After 315 youre AT 30 reps, therefore 5 more reps at 365 to make 35?

Cause if its actually 65 reps....

315 30 reps then 365 for 35 MORE reps?

Im reading this wrong right? After 315 youre AT 30 reps, therefore 5 more reps at 365 to make 35?

Cause if its actually 65 reps....

it is 65 reps but the average person doesn't have the muscle endurance/strength to get there in an 8min time cap.

it is 65 reps but the average person doesn't have the muscle endurance/strength to get there in an 8min time cap.
Thats ******ed. Im all for cross fit and whatnot, no problem with it but 35 reps at 365? 
mean.gif
 Forget the time limit, forget the previous reps, 35 reps? Cmon son. Wheres the sense in that.

Thats ******ed. Im all for cross fit and whatnot, no problem with it but 35 reps at 365? :smh:  Forget the time limit, forget the previous reps, 35 reps? Cmon son. Wheres the sense in that.

Already tried to explain it. :lol:.

It's not a workout.

Leader right now is Froning, with 177. He started his set of 35 and managed to pull it twice.

Thats ******ed. Im all for cross fit and whatnot, no problem with it but 35 reps at 365? :smh:  Forget the time limit, forget the previous reps, 35 reps? Cmon son. Wheres the sense in that.

It's not a workout.

Leader right now is Froning, with 177. He started his set of 35 and managed to pull it twice.

I might be misreading this but you're telling me he did 365lbs, for 177 reps?

I'm a stickler for wiping down equipment but all this time I've never wiped down the gym mats. I always thought those things were made of antimicrobial material. Saw a dude spraying the **** out of one of the mats and then it hit me: I dun goofed
embarassed.gif

It's not a workout.

I might be misreading this but you're telling me he did 365lbs, for 177 reps?

:nerd:

Spring break will be the death of me.

An all inclusive joint at that combined with it being my last spring break ever, all dambs might be thrown out the window.

Spring break will be the death of me.

An all inclusive joint at that combined with it being my last spring break ever, all dambs might be thrown out the window.

I mean, you're working out FOR spring break and other times where you might be shirtless, no?

10 x 135
15 x 185
20 x 225
25 x 285
30 x 315
2 x 365

102 DL's + 75 box jumps = 177

In 8 minutes. 15 box jumps in between each set.
laugh.gif

10 reps at 135

15 reps at 185

etc etc?

Who the hell is doing 30 reps at 315? 
laugh.gif

Ive seen a few videos, dudes taking mini "breaks" to chalk up their hands for example. But still...

I mean, you're working out FOR spring break and other times where you might be shirtless, no?

You right. But after the first day with the bloat feeling you feel all types of negative cause you knew you looked better the day before.

I know. Shallow. Sue me.

:lol:

10 reps at 135
15 reps at 185

etc etc?

Who the hell is doing 30 reps at 315? :lol:  

Ive seen a few videos, dudes taking mini "breaks" to chalk up their hands for example. But still...

Elite level guys are getting through the round of 30. Your average joe is tapping out in the round of 20 (225) or 25 (275).

Can't stress enough that the Open workouts are not really workouts. :lol:

Elite level guys are getting through the round of 30. Your average joe is tapping out in the round of 20 (225) or 25 (275).

Can't stress enough that the Open workouts are not really workouts. :lol:

That's a really good point that they aren't "workouts" per se. It's the same as playing a match/game of a sport. You're probably going to end up super beat up in need of a rest day or two. SAme thing with a crossfit competition like this.

Can't stress enough that the Open workouts are not really workouts.
laugh.gif
Nah I get it. You train so you perform better at this particular "workout".

Thats beast as hell though. 315 x 30 times...*goes on YT* 
nerd.gif

It's about that time again.

I did some salmon again, and added some baked barramundi.

My wife then did some sweet potato shepherd's pie.....LAWDDDDDDD!!!!!

Weighed in this morning.  I'm at 201.6lb.  Getting there NT FitFam!!

Back
Top Bottom