STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Today is back day but since I was suppose to take this week off. I'm only going to do pull ups and cable rows.

Dog, you've been singing the "my week off" song all week, :lol:

We get it, you did what a lot of athletes do, still working out but not a "week off" by Joe Schmoe standards.

Can't remember when I truly had a week off, even on weeks I lay off the barbell, I still do skill work, do body weight stuff and hit the row machine.

14.4 is brutal, don't know how they both got back on the rower. When they announced it as an AMRAP, I was skeptical that they would even get through it once.

Doubt I get to the muscle ups... I'll finish the cleans though.

dawg joint is brutal....good luck to anyone trying to get through the MU's after doing everything else....dudes who competed when it was announced are not human, they actually got back on the rower....incredible...
That Dude Josh Bridges Is a Navy SEAL.

Dudes are built like machines and we finna talk down Crossfit...smh

roll.gif
U TOMBOUT THE ELITE CROSSFITTERS THOUGHT.

INB4 VIDEOS OF NORMAL CROSSFITTERS

TROLOLOLOL

Came down with the flu. Chills, aches, and weakness.  Today was supposed to be squat day. Feels bad. I've only been able to eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich and apple the whole day. 
mean.gif

Came down with the flu. Chills, aches, and weakness.  Today was supposed to be squat day. Feels bad. I've only been able to eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich and apple the whole day. :smh:

drink tea and honey all day brah,

had it happen 2 weeks ago, worst feeling ever with the chills and weakness :x

im i the only one that feels like the best way to fight cold symptoms is to sweat all that **** out, ive come down with the symptoms and get my *** up to my box, do my WOD and stay hydrated, 2 hours later i feel much better...

What's WOD. When I'm sick I go sauna...bike 10 min. Jacuzzi 10 min. Then take a shower. Feels good man. My old LA fitness had a steamrom. That thing was the best. Too bad they closed it and only got a sauna now

im i the only one that feels like the best way to fight cold symptoms is to sweat all that **** out, ive come down with the symptoms and get my *** up to my box, do my WOD and stay hydrated, 2 hours later i feel much better...
yo i was in the bed allll day today. no energy at all. none. NONE.

i wanted to go workout/jog something but could barely roll  outta bed.

How many times do you guys deadlift a week? I've heard once is enough but some people do it twice. I'm currently doing it once and its kicking my ***
once a week. Have seen progress.

that anticipation of standing over the bar about to lift something you have never done before
smokin.gif
This.

Dude's get mighty intimidated when they see me Deadlifting 4 plates no belt, no wraps, no chalk.
Thats good. You could probably do more weight than you think you can. Once I used chalk I realized I was able to add 50 lbs to the bar.

Came down with the flu. Chills, aches, and weakness.  Today was supposed to be squat day. Feels bad. I've only been able to eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich and apple the whole day. 
mean.gif
Just rest and eat. 

This is the worst. Was sick 1 month ago. 

I've got a REALLY long post , but hopefully some of you gurus can help me out. First, I'm going to start by saying, I'm not in terrible shape, I just need some pointers.Anyways, I'm really trying to increase leg strength and vert. I play basketball in in highschool currently, and I would really like to play college, but I am trying to switch positions; my height will not allow me to play center-power forward at a higher level than highschool. So, naturally, I'm trying to get in shape for this position(small forward). The only problem is, I don't know where to begin. For one, leg strength is key to me, because I would really like to become more explosive/ gain a quicker first step. So, my question is this, how would this workout benefit me/ how many times a week should I do this? Thanks;

1. Jump Squat
Sets: 3 Reps: 2–5 n Rest: 2–3 min.

2. Power Clean
Sets: 3 n Reps: 2–5 n Rest: 2–3 min.

3. Squat
Sets: 3 n Reps: 6–8 n Rest: 2–3 min.

4. Deadlift

Got that from here btw :http://www.muscleandfitness.com/wor...uild-powerful-legs-and-increase-your-vertical

Anyways, any help would be appreciated, I would love your feedback. I think I have upper body/ core down, but I need help with legs. Thanks , sorry for the mammoth post!

I've got a REALLY long post , but hopefully some of you gurus can help me out. First, I'm going to start by saying, I'm not in terrible shape, I just need some pointers.Anyways, I'm really trying to increase leg strength and vert. I play basketball in in highschool currently, and I would really like to play college, but I am trying to switch positions; my height will not allow me to play center-power forward at a higher level than highschool. So, naturally, I'm trying to get in shape for this position(small forward). The only problem is, I don't know where to begin. For one, leg strength is key to me, because I would really like to become more explosive/ gain a quicker first step. So, my question is this, how would this workout benefit me/ how many times a week should I do this? Thanks;

1. Jump Squat
Sets: 3 Reps: 2–5 n Rest: 2–3 min.

2. Power Clean
Sets: 3 n Reps: 2–5 n Rest: 2–3 min.

3. Squat

4. Deadlift

Got that from here btw :http://www.muscleandfitness.com/wor...uild-powerful-legs-and-increase-your-vertical

Anyways, any help would be appreciated, I would love your feedback. I think I have upper body/ core down, but I need help with legs. Thanks , sorry for the mammoth post!

Im sure the trainers will come in and give you some better advice but something to start with

I would also do some plyometrics work to help with the weight training. You can search youtube or the web to find some exercises

My friend whose a health nut/gym rat suggested I add to my diet routine a fasting plan.  That in addition to exercise I can't eat after 8PM until day break.

What do you guys think?

Yesterday went to the farmers market spent $60 on fruits vegetables to use with my nutribullet. And having fish or chicken at night

I'm 6'4 225 I need to lose 20 pounds.. Beer belly sticking out...

Going to do the beach body T25

Yesterday went to the farmers market spent $60 on fruits vegetables to use with my nutribullet. And having fish or chicken at night

I'm 6'4 225 I need to lose 20 pounds.. Beer belly sticking out...

Going to do the beach body T25

Don't waste ur time on those informercials. Any thing that raises ur heart rate will do the trick along with rating at a calorie deficit. Lift, run and eat right.

My friend whose a health nut/gym rat suggested I add to my diet routine a fasting plan.  That in addition to exercise I can't eat after 8PM until day break.
What do you guys think?

I'm not a fan of starving myself. Calorie deficit works fine for me

Last edited:
What do you guys think?
do some research on intermittent fasting. I like the conceptbut I would fsdt in the am rather than at night

What's your point? You can load up the Smith to where it's heavy as hell. Extra reps are extra reps, period. Don't be so judgemental homie.

Back
Top Bottom