STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You could break them up if you want to. My box discourages it. In the end, all that matters is getting as fast a time as possible, so do whatever you feel achieves that.

Not sure you answered my question.

Clearly breaking them up would enable you to achieve the total 600 reps in a faster amount of time than if you just did 100 pullups in a row then 200 pushups in a row then 300 squats in a row, as each muscle group (back, chest, legs) wouldn't come nearly as close to exhaustion when you cycle between them as they would if you just banged out 100 pullups with no other muscle groups worked in between.

Is there any official rule on this?

I did answer your question. There is no official rule. Lol, for you, you might achieve faster time breaking them up, but better conditioned athletes can bang them out no problem and they'd actually slow themselves down breaking them up. Like I said, do whatever gets YOU the better time.

Last edited:
I did answer your question. There is no official rule. Lol, for you, you might achieve faster time breaking them up, but better conditioned athletes can bang them out no problem and they'd actually slow themselves down breaking them up. Like I said, do whatever gets YOU the better time.

Cool, thanks for the clarity. I'll try it again at some point with the reps broken up. I am a pretty firm believer that breaking up the reps would help achieve a faster time regardless of how well conditioned you are, as it provides a fatigued muscle group time to rest while you work another group (and achieve more reps towards that 600 goal).

It really depends on the athlete. Some athletes break up their pullups to sets of 10-20s but then when they get to the pushups they're doing sets of 50s and 60s. I'm sure those at the very top are probably doing sets of 100s for the air squats.

It really depends on the athlete. Some athletes break up their pullups to sets of 10-20s but then when they get to the pushups they're doing sets of 50s and 60s. I'm sure those at the very top are probably doing sets of 100s for the air squats.
so its body squats not squats in the actual rack?
sorry im just lost tryna make sure i do it right

Switching up the workouts.

Time to get after it.

Any of you have pics of your favorite Shoulder workouts? I am working toward Iguadala shoulders LOL

I do the following often but am looking to add some more

Ive been doing my raises like this

Instead of this and have seen better results.

Which ones do you all do?

Ive heard i should not bend my elbows but doing it the straight arm way (slight bend) was not doing much for me.

so its body squats not squats in the actual rack?
sorry im just lost tryna make sure i do it right

Air Squats, make sure to break parallel.

Those memes are cute, wish CF had a useless forum like Misc to make them. :lol:

Breaking up Murph is the only way I can mentally get through it, :lol:. No official way to do it, although some gyms/boxes insist on not breaking it up.

bwood that workout looks beastly.

As far as shoulders: Strict Press, Push Press, Push Jerk, Split Jerk and Snatch. Snatch will kill your traps.

Any of you have pics of your favorite Shoulder workouts? I am working toward Iguadala shoulders LOL

Instead of this and have seen better results.

Which ones do you all do?

I like this but pyramid style

Reps of
50-40-30-20-10 without rest

Then

10-20-30-40-50 without rest

You really feel it

I like this but pyramid style

Reps of
50-40-30-20-10 without rest

Then

10-20-30-40-50 without rest

You really feel it

Your rotator cuff doesnt act up? I do 10 reps then 8 reps then 5 then go light and do 15 then call it a day for raises (4 sets total)

Maybe your going really light. Ive been told to stay in the 8-10 range for size...I wanna bust out my NBA jerseys this summer LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom