STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone catch American Muscle last night? VERY good show. Mike Barwis will have you ready to run thru a wall. It was cool seeing him train pro athletes to and past their breaking points...only to build them up again. I loved seeing the training aspect...don't care much for the receptionist storyline tho...
What day/time does it come on?

Anyone dealt with tennis elbow or elbow discomfort? Have given myself the week off from lifting to see how it reacts.

Tennis elbow is commonly a compensation of the wrist extensors for an insufficiency at the shoulder, commonly the lats. I would recommend doing some self-massage on the sore area of the muscles around the elbow for ~2 minutes, followed immediately after with some lat activation work. You can use a light resistance band to do shoulder adductions, or use your arm against an immovable object (doorway or something similar). Do this at least 3 times per day, and don't push it to failure. The goal is to retrain the nervous system, NOT to cause structural changes.

these are the vids he linked me to earlier. pretty difficult but really good. i use some of the ones in the vid that i can kinda do.

Last edited:
It's still not a rep, regardless.

I have the same respect for a 20 inch butt raise as I do for a half rep.
Maybe not but it doesn't really matter if it's not in a competition. I mean it's not hurtin anybody cept himself, and even then it's still pretty impressive. I can't hit 405 that way.

Maybe not but it doesn't really matter if it's not in a competition. I mean it's not hurtin anybody cept himself, and even then it's still pretty impressive. I can't hit 405 that way.

It def adds weight to your lift since you are basically declining the weight with all the momentum from your legs.

You say rep, I say not.

Life goes on.

Last edited:
It def adds weight to your lift since you are basically declining the weight with all the momentum from your legs.

You say rep, I say not.

Life goes on.
I never said it didn't add weight, I just said it doesn't matter since it's not in a competition.

Didn't work 
frown.gif

You say rep, I say not.

Life goes on.
to each it's own... no biggie. Just having a lil fun in the gym

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom