STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

dam, i think i f'd up my right rotator cuff :smh:

feels weak when i try to lift my arm up. hurts to even hang on a pullup bar. its like it feels loose or something.

2nd 1/2 week of the 5 by 5. going alright so far I guess. Deff happy that I'm sweating a lot (mostly in part due to the heavier weights and the squats).

hoping to do a 10 week stint and then be back on my interval grind/

Would ya recommend working out with a small hernia? I need to lose weight, gained too much during the summer and don't have enough right now to get it off me. Was thinking about just light to intermediate running.

Get it repaired as soon as you can. Losing body fat is primarily controlled by diet, so don't worry about doing too much "exercise" for that purpose.

Are Goodmornings even worth the effort?

They're not a bad movement, but it depends on an individual's goals. For a bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast, they're not essential. Romanian deadlifts, deadlifts, back extensions, reverse hypers, glute-ham raises, and glute bridges are plenty of variety for the posterior chain.

Anybody have experience going to a sports chiropractor? Figured I'd take advantage of my health insurance. In it more for the massage than anything else :lol: My right erector spinae is also a LOT bigger than the left, so I can get that addressed with the doc too.

Anybody have experience going to a sports chiropractor? Figured I'd take advantage of my health insurance. In it more for the massage than anything else
laugh.gif
My right erector spinae is also a LOT bigger than the left, so I can get that addressed with the doc too.
Massages are great. Chiro tried to do stuff for my piriformis syndrome but didn't make a damb bit of difference. Physical therapist on the other hand, fixed the problem.

korean bbq spot by my house sells a tray of fried chicken skin with some hot sauce for dipping.
pretty sure it was invented by the devil :lol:

Newb question

Do any of you dead lift on both back and legs days? I currently been doing it since I got serious in the gym a few months ago

Anybody have experience going to a sports chiropractor? Figured I'd take advantage of my health insurance. In it more for the massage than anything else :lol: My right erector spinae is also a LOT bigger than the left, so I can get that addressed with the doc too.
Massages are great. Chiro tried to do stuff for my piriformis syndrome but didn't make a damb bit of difference. Physical therapist on the other hand, fixed the problem.

Yea I know a PT would be the better option of the two, but my insurance only covers chiros. The doc I found on the web that's by me has a strong sports/kinesiology background, so I might just check his office out.

Newb question

Do any of you dead lift on both back and legs days? I currently been doing it since I got serious in the gym a few months ago

I personally avoid doing DLs and squats on the same day

i dunno man. depending on your rep range and % of your 1rm. deadlifts on back day and leg day might be good, especially for a new guy.

i've been looking on craigslist for some bumper plates myself. hoping to luck into a deal on some plates and a bar. searching "bumper plates" doesn't yield much. any other terms to look for? or just search "weights" under sports and pick through it?

Anybody have experience going to a sports chiropractor? Figured I'd take advantage of my health insurance. In it more for the massage than anything else
laugh.gif
My right erector spinae is also a LOT bigger than the left, so I can get that addressed with the doc too.
From what Ive heard chiros are pointless and do more harm then good.
Newb question

I squat and deficit SLDL one day, then pause squat and DL the other day.
i dunno man. depending on your rep range and % of your 1rm. deadlifts on back day and leg day might be good, especially for a new guy.

i've been looking on craigslist for some bumper plates myself. hoping to luck into a deal on some plates and a bar. searching "bumper plates" doesn't yield much. any other terms to look for? or just search "weights" under sports and pick through it?
Search free weights, dumbbells, bench and stuff like that. I just found a pretty good deal on some DBs, 50 cents a pound which is the lowest Ive come across. All the way up to 100s too. 

Newb question

If your body can handle it and they are spaced out enough.

I have done this a couple times and just got frustrated.  I would start with squats.  Squat heavy and then couldn't hit DL numbers like i wanted because i was too fatigued.  And worked vice versa the other time.   DL went great....then squats were crap since my legs and back were cooked.  So i have legs day, and deadlift day split from now until the end of time (take....these broken wings) 

Going to start doing arms alone again. I usually train with other people, but due to their rear period, it takes me 70-90 mins for an arm workout...

Today... In 35 mins, I did 26 total sets. 13 for biceps, and 13 for triceps. Way more efficient. 3 super sets, and I wasn't going lighter than normal for anything.

I need to get my calves stronger. But i have horrible calf genetics. :frown:

What do you guys do for legs? Quads mostly?

I need to get my calves stronger. But i have horrible calf genetics. :frown:

What do you guys do for legs? Quads mostly?

My routine as of late:

Barbell glute bridges
RFE split squat
Front squats
Single leg leg press
Leg extentions (high rep)
Deficit SLDL
GHR
Lunges / random calf work (high rep)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info

Usually I've been doing

Leg extension
Leg press
Hack squat
Db lunges

I'll try out some front squats again tomorrow and some high two extensions

Does anyone have any experience with box jumps? I've been working on my squat and I'm trying to increase explosiveness out of the bottom. I've been doin pause squats but I'm looking for additional variations to work on explosiveness and box jumps seem to fit the bill.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Does anyone have any experience with box jumps? I've been working on my squat and I'm trying to increase explosiveness out of the bottom. I've been doin pause squats but I'm looking for additional variations to work on explosiveness and box jumps seem to fit the bill.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Looking for box jumps advice want to increase my explosiveness on the court. Get that dunking back right driving down the lane

Back
Top Bottom